Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earthquakes Turn Water Into Gold

Still Waters

Earthquakes have the Midas touch, a new study claims.

Water in faults vaporizes during an earthquake, depositing gold, according to a model published in the March 17 issue of the journal Nature Geoscience. The model provides a quantitative mechanism for the link between gold and quartz seen in many of the world's gold deposits, said Dion Weatherley, a geophysicist at the University of Queensland in Australia and lead author of the study.

http://www.livescien...-make-gold.html

• Like 3

This may explain the large gold deposits in California and Alaska that were discovered when western civilization first explored them.

Great article Still :blush:

• Like 1

Oh wow, i am getting a bucket filled with water and will be rattling it til it makes me rich!

• Like 3

There is supposed to be huge amounts of gold dissolved in the oceans, it just isn't economically feasible to extract it. Makes you wonder how much gold might be in some of the deep trenches that have seismic activity.

There is supposed to be huge amounts of gold dissolved in the oceans, it just isn't economically feasible to extract it. Makes you wonder how much gold might be in some of the deep trenches that have seismic activity.

There is gold in you too! But it's apparently 0.000014% of your mass, so not incredibly economical to extract either!

See the Wiki article for composition of the human body: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_of_the_human_body

Hey but if you're feeling generous, I'll take yours if you want to give it up?!

• Like 2

i am sure if there was a way to get it, Mr Cohen would have found it by now, they will buy the whole area and get it dug up and shipped off the Antwerp ASAP.

Oh how interesting!!

Oh wow, i am getting a bucket filled with water and will be rattling it til it makes me rich!

LMAO!!! Let us know how all the shaking is going!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,I didn't knew it but as gold is getting expensive day by day so artificial earth quake can be done by people to make gold for themselves in large scale.

Edited by BrownHoward

Hey,I didn't knew it but as gold is getting expensive day by day so artificial earth quake can be done by people to make gold for themselves in large scale.

Gold is getting cheaper, losing value

Will take you millions of years just by yourself!! goodluck!!! :clap:

Will take you millions of years just by yourself!! goodluck!!! :clap:

Not after a few Jack Daniels the night before. :tu: