Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

world change

henry9449

:cry: as we gather here on this site i ask you look at the news, the weather , seismic occurrences, world morality ,etc are we seeing the beginning or the end of the world as we know it!!!

We've always had issues with weather, earthquakes and morality, and we've gotten to this stage of our evolution, so, in a word, the answer is no.

• Like 3

We've always had issues with weather, earthquakes and morality, and we've gotten to this stage of our evolution, so, in a word, the answer is no.

none so blind as they who will not see!

We've always had issues with these things but it does seem like it is getting worse. I think a lot of our weather problems are related to global warming. Peoples morals seem to have taken a nose dive but people have always done despicable things without any regard for others. There is just more people around now to do it.

• Like 2

People's morals, when it comes to older sexual norms, have taken a nose-dive. Good. As far as real morality -- things like honesty and peacefulness and mutual respect, I think things are getting better. Even crime rates are dropping. More immportant, human poverty is decreasing much faster than predicted.

I think is you who doesn't see. You need to take a good history class. We know more about the disasters than we used to because we now have global wide communication. We know what is going on from Egypt to New Jersey because we have the TV, computers and a net of satellites encircling the world. Used to be is something happened a 500 miles away it took a long time to hear about it, if you heard about it at all. When it comes to morality ever take a look at the morals of the ancient Romans, Greeks and other civilizations.

I think we about to enter a golden age of humanity, if we can get control of the pollution and war. It is all up to us to make the changes toward positive change.

• Like 3

Actually I strongly suspect we are in one. I saw an item in the Journal this morning that world poverty is decreasing around the world far faster than predicted.

• Like 2

You could argue that we are always at the end of the 'world as we know it.'

Every day brings something new.

Because I dont agree with your tin pot post I am blind???????? Nice christianity you christians preach.

• Like 3

Apocalyptic thinking (predictions that we are at the edge of the End) has been a characteristic of Christianity from the very beginning. Read Paul with this in mind and you can see that he thinks the end is very near and that those then living will see it. The same thing can be found in the Gospels.

Ever since, every time there has been trouble, different people have been the "anti-Christ" and the end has been near. The year 1000 of course was widely seen as the end, because of the millennialism in Revelations. Every comet and famine and plague through the Middle Ages was accompanied by such cries.

The nineteenth century in the United States was famous for this, and saw the founding of two major apocalyptic movements, Seventh-Day Adventists and Jehovah's Witnesses, both of which had episodes of predicting the End and then having it flop. Of course they are not alone -- there is hardly a fundamentalist preacher who hasn't gotten carried away with this sort of thing now and then.

And so we see it continuing now. I think part of the appeal of this sort of thing comes from ego. "I am important. Therefore the times in which I live must be important." And, of course, it is plain that we live in times of great change and turmoil, although perhaps not as far different as what happened in the past as people so often think -- past disasters are forgotten.

• Like 1

as we gather here on this site i ask you look at the news, the weather , seismic occurrences, world morality ,etc are we seeing the beginning or the end of the world as we know it!!!

I damn hope so. This worlds ready for a change of priorities.

And so we see it continuing now. I think part of the appeal of this sort of thing comes from ego. "I am important. Therefore the times in which I live must be important." And, of course, it is plain that we live in times of great change and turmoil, although perhaps not as far different as what happened in the past as people so often think -- past disasters are forgotten.

I think you got it. I would think after all the brouhaha over the Mayan 2012 bust people would give it a rest. But to do that people would have to admit in overall scheme of the Universe we are dust mote in a blink of time.

• Like 2

If we lived in the time of the Aztecs or Ghengis Khan but in a peaceful haven of humanity on a different continent from them - we would know nothing of those atrocities and believe that life is bliss. The world is smaller than it was, we hear stories of depravity from every far flung corner of the globe and think it speaks to the state of humanity. Yet the good in mankind rates as a two minute anecdote at the end of the news hour it seems. Yet the world is filled with wonderful people making great personal sacrifices to help others also and for many many millions of souls our personal communities allow us a better than average chance of making it to old age without knowing any of these atrocities first hand.

It doesn't mean we can call others suffering okay but we need to keep our glass half full if we really want the energy to make a difference, there is still a great many reasons to feel hope for us all. Just check out CNN heroes or your local Salvation Army/St John's etc, so many doing great things for others - they are our real future, not the ones committing the horrors.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1