Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drunk teen killed

Ashotep

Ok that is why most of the world has standing armies to defend themselves.I never knew the UK soldiers just went out with shields to deflect bullets in WW2 must be why the US was called in.All makes sense now thanks for the riveting definition of the word defensive today.You have really opened my eyes :w00t:

By "defend themselves" you mean dodge bullets and massacre the enemy?

Again, misunderstanding the definition of 'defensive/offensive.'

Self defence =/= Dodging bullets.

• Like 1

A car most certainly can be used as a weapon. Just ask the guy in the Carrie Underwood Music video, "Two Black Cadallics." :yes:

[media=]

[/media]

I have experienced one trying to run me over before and i didnt anything other than slightly make her angry haha.But it was not intended for that purpose so no harm no foul.

So, were guns invented for hunting or were they invented to keep a bear from killing you?

Guns were invented as a means of killing the target. - Causing offence and dominating Man/Animal to it's injury.

They were designed with the intent to slaughter and nothing more.

If you need to defend yourself against a bear, you are no Hunter.

• Like 1

Like Orcseeker said, it's the "shoot first, ask questions later" coward-mentality that is the problem. That, and being dumb enough to get drunk in the first place. Both of them are idiotic.

Guns don't shoot themselves so I hold the home owner at fault. Should've asked the intruder what his intentions were.

nether you nor Orcseeker were there to know what exactly happened, so spare us your " "shoot first, ask questions later" coward-mentality" bs.

for all we know he could be attacking the owners because they were in "his?" house, to him. or not, we JUST DON'T KNOW THE FACTS.

the problem is not with people defending their homes with a gun, but with yours and Orcseeker's mentality, you always know better sitting on your butt at home, than ppl that actually were there,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

By "defend themselves" you mean dodge bullets and massacre the enemy?

Again, misunderstanding the definition of 'defensive/offensive.'

Self defence =/= Dodging bullets.

LMAO hahaha thats good stuff man i wont sit here and argue with ya.If your ever confronted by someone with a gun just use those super powers im sure you will be allright :tu:

If i am confronted by someone with a gun or breaking into my house in the middle of the night :gun:

• Like 1

Guns were invented as a means of killing the target. - Causing offence and dominating Man/Animal to it's injury.

They were designed with the intent to slaughter and nothing more.

I'm definitely no hunter, but I do like to survive a camping trip where bears and boar are a real danger.

• Like 1

This convo has gotten stupid. The home owner was simply protecting himself/his family. The drunk underaged young man did something incredible stupid (besides getting overly drunk when he probably shouldn't have been drinking) and paid for his actions. Its a sad event. But guns are not the problem. Some people would been arguing that baseball bats need to be banned if the home owner had used one to smash the intruder over the head. The fact is that the home owner acted in justified self defence. Case closed.

Ps - to the person who said guns aren't needed anymore... tell that to all the criminals and their like that are running around armed. ;) I'm just thankful I live in a place where there are fewer of them (criminals) and have not had to defend myself. in fact i'd dread the day should it sadly occur. :/

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 6

I didn't say a car couldn't be used as a weapon. I said they were not designed with the intention to be used as weapons, which they weren't. They are designed as a mode of transportation.

I was at a pub once where two men were arguing and several minutes into the argument the white man called the black man a ******. The night ended with the black man running over the white man with his car leaving him dead on the scene. Cars aren't intended for murder but that doesn't change the fact they may be used for it. Just as guns were intended for the use of self-defense but many abuse that privilege for opposite reasoning.

I'm sorry, Bavarian Raven, but that is an absolutely stupid way to look at it.

It's easy to mistake a house when you are drunk or perhaps have been roofied. In all truth, he didn't know what he was doing. He thought he was at his house and paid for that mistake.

I am a proud gun owner and I know that you should at least see if there is a threat involved before blowing someone's head off. It could've been a curious child.. imagine how that would be.

Edited to add: Death is not what he deserved for drinking. It was foolish of him to drink in the first place, but saying that is like saying every such crime should be dealt with using the death penalty.

Edited by AliveInDeath7
  • Like 4

A car most certainly can be used as a weapon. Just ask the guy in the Carrie Underwood Music video, "Two Black Cadallics." :yes:

Just trying to lighten the mood with a joke... :su

In all seriousness though, anything can be used as weapon, no matter what it was DESIGNED to do. I mean, nail files can be weapon, and so can baseball bats. These things were not designed to be weapons, but they can be used for that purpose.

Did You Know?

Male grizzlies average 225 kg (500 lbs), and females average around 160 kg (350 lbs).

Actually the male can reach 1700 pounds and stand over 10 ft tall, the average weight is 950 pounds for the male, the female can average at 8oo pounds.

:unsure2:

What is your suggestion if I am attacked by a grizzly bear? I guess I could stare him down a la Davy Crockett style...

The homeowner has done what any normal person would have. I wouldn't take lightly to an intrusion within my own household.

No, a normal person would not do this, well I hope not! A paranoid gun holder would do this, someone who relies on his gun to ask the questions and give the answers would do this, but normal person...no!

I fully agree with protecting your family and home, but if someone is going to shoot another person just because (lets say he was breaking in) then it is a very sorry state of affairs! IS this how we deal with people now...shoot them without evaluation?! the drunk did not pose a threat, the home owner knows his own home, he could easily have stood back and evaluated the situation first, maybe hide for a bit to see what the drunk would do...which I doubt would have been much and it would not have taken too long for the homeowner to see that the guy was not carrying a gun in his hand and sneaking about to rob the place.

This is not a case of man defending his family, its a man who was far too trigger happy with a gun..we have just had the Oscar Pistorius case, is this what gun owners are going to do now...shoot because they know no other way of judging a situation...now thats scary!

• Like 2

LMAO hahaha thats good stuff man i wont sit here and argue with ya.If your ever confronted by someone with a gun just use those super powers im sure you will be allright :tu:

If i am confronted by someone with a gun or breaking into my house in the middle of the night :gun:

Assuming you've been taught self-defence techniques, you'd be able to disarm the gunman and hold him at gunpoint, at which point you order the attacker onto the ground and call the police, thus arresting the one committing the offence.

So, no thanks. I believe it cowardly to hide behind the barrel of a gun. I'd much rather use my fists.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, Bavarian Raven, but that is an absolutely stupid way to look at it.

It's easy to mistake a house when you are drunk or perhaps have been roofied. In all truth, he didn't know what he was doing. He thought he was at his house and paid for that mistake.

I am a proud gun owner and I know that you should at least see if there is a threat involved before blowing someone's head off. It could've been a curious child.. imagine how that would be.

Edited to add: Death is not what he deserved for drinking. It was foolish of him to drink in the first place, but saying that is like saying every such crime should be dealt with using the death penalty.

I said upfront this is a truly sad event. But the home owner is not at fault one bit. It was dark and someone was breaking in. Any honest person who truly cares for their family would put their family's well being first. He did what he thought he had to to keep his family safe. It's sad that it turned out to be a drunk teen. But the teen chose to drink. I'm sure this was not his first time drinking. There is a reason I don't get that drunk so that I cannot reason. But the teen did choose to drink and it is on his head what happened. Sad, but life will go on. It's not going to be easy for either party involved. But maybe (wishful thinking) other teenagers in the area will think twice before getting drunk (but they probably wont).

No, a normal person would not do this, well I hope not! A paranoid gun holder would do this, someone who relies on his gun to ask the questions and give the answers would do this, but normal person...no!

I fully agree with protecting your family and home, but if someone is going to shoot another person just because (lets say he was breaking in) then it is a very sorry state of affairs!

You're right. We should give the intruder the chance to shoot you first and then rape your wife and/or kids, and then kill them too. Much better plan buddy! :whistle: (Not that I am advocating opening fire at the first odd noise, but sometimes you only have seconds to make a life saving decision. Nothing to do with being paranoid, its called surviving. And your family's life should come first and foremost).

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 5

If attacked by a Bear and he is acting aggressive you should increase your size as much as possible by standing tall and holding your arms out wide and legs spread turn around face the nearest tree and wait for the Forest Rangers to show up oh and dont forget to blow your safety whistle

• Like 2

Assuming you've been taught self-defence techniques, you'd be able to disarm the gunman and hold him at gunpoint, at which point you order the attacker onto the ground and call the police, thus arresting the one committing the offence.

So, no thanks. I believe it cowardly to hide behind the barrel of a gun. I'd much rather use my fists

You've watched too many james bond movies. :no::td: And unless you actually are a very skilled martial artist, this is a good way to get shot.

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 4

Male grizzlies average 225 kg (500 lbs), and females average around 160 kg (350 lbs).

Actually the male can reach 1700 pounds and stand over 10 ft tall, the average weight is 950 pounds for the male, the female can average at 8oo pounds.

:unsure2:

What is your suggestion if I am attacked by a grizzly bear? I guess I could stare him down a la Davy Crockett style...

If the bear has a tight grip on you, I don't know what could be done. However, if you have a chance to leave, my suggestion is leave nature be. Saves your life and the bears.

you have no idea what happened inside the house, NONE, so it is actually YOU who "shoots first and asks question later", figuratively speaking.

and i'm pretty sure you would react the same way if real,(what you thought) threat was upon you.

• Like 1

You've watched too many james bond movies. :no::td: And unless you actually are a very skilled martial artist, this is a good way to get shot.

Not a fan of James Bond, sorry.

I agree however that without the correct teaching, you very well may get shot, but you can't exactly run away from a gunman without getting shot either, so... A risk worth taking as far as I'm concerned.

Edited to fix typo.

Edited by Insaniac

I'm definitely no hunter, but I do like to survive a camping trip where bears and boar are a real danger.

Hmmm, maybe you should research where you want to go camping.

I am sure the bear or boar would equally like to survive, especially that it is THEIR home.

• Like 3

So, no thanks. I believe it cowardly to hide behind the barrel of a gun. I'd much rather use my fists.

I have trained in combat sports since i was 9 years old,every trainer tells you be careful who you use this on because you are not faster than a gun.If someone is 5 or 10 yards away from you holding a loaded gun sorry but you are not superman dude one step foward can get your ass blown away.Not trying to be a ******* but some of the things you are saying are just foolish!

• Like 4

Death is not what he deserved for drinking. It was foolish of him to drink in the first place, but saying that is like saying every such crime should be dealt with using the death penalty.

Your absolutely right. But unfortunately this country is hypersensitive to these things right now and this is an unfortunate result of the hyperbole being thrown at us ever since Sandy Hook occured. I am certain the homeowner has a great feeling of remorse over this event as well. If you want to find the real cause for this event then let us return to the MSM and Govmnt invasion and destruction of the BOR that has most of this country on edge. Left Right and Middle.

• Like 1

If the bear has a tight grip on you, I don't know what could be done. However, if you have a chance to leave, my suggestion is leave nature be. Saves your life and the bears.

Everybody sing now...

Macho, macho man

I've got to be, a macho man

Macho, macho man (yeah, yeah)

I've got to be a macho!

You can't outrun a bear, especially when it wanders into you camp site in the middle of the night while you are asleep.

• Like 3

LMAO.

• Like 1