Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drunk teen killed

Ashotep

you have no idea what happened inside the house, NONE, so it is actually YOU who "shoots first and asks question later", figuratively speaking.

and i'm pretty sure you would react the same way if real,(what you thought) threat was upon you.

Not at all, because we keep our windows and doors locked. I'd make sure that there is a real threat.

If you think this way, I guess the soldier should've shot me first and asked questions later when I was roofied and don't even recall any of the events that happened when drugged mind mistook his house for my own. I was told what happened, and believe me it made me never drink around so called friends or strangers again. Of course, I made amends for what I did and he understood that it wasn't my fault.

I was lucky that he knew how and WHEN to use a gun.

Edited by AliveInDeath7

If the bear has a tight grip on you,

you are dead or maimed big time. real world proves you have no clue what you talking about, with your "i know it all batter mentality". lol, i hope no one is dumb enough to actually take your advice.

• Like 2

Hmmm, maybe you should research where you want to go camping.

I am sure the bear or boar would equally like to survive, especially that it is THEIR home.

What!?!? I can't even get out and enjoy nature anymore? There are very few good camping spots that don't have a healthy bear population. I suppose that means I should not be scuba diving or swimming in the ocean because I'm in shark's territory.

• Like 1

I have trained in combat sports since i was 9 years old,every trainer tells you be careful who you use this on because you are not faster than a gun.If someone is 5 or 10 yards away from you holding a loaded gun sorry but you are not superman dude one step foward can get your ass blown away.Not trying to be a ******* but some of the things you are saying are just foolish!

I understand what you are saying, but this lad was NOT armed.

Is it part of the gun training practice to shoot with out evaluating whether the other guy is armed first?

• Like 2

I'm sorry, Bavarian Raven, but that is an absolutely stupid way to look at it.

It's easy to mistake a house when you are drunk or perhaps have been roofied. In all truth, he didn't know what he was doing. He thought he was at his house and paid for that mistake.

I am a proud gun owner and I know that you should at least see if there is a threat involved before blowing someone's head off. It could've been a curious child.. imagine how that would be.

Edited to add: Death is not what he deserved for drinking. It was foolish of him to drink in the first place, but saying that is like saying every such crime should be dealt with using the death penalty.

Even I agree that death is not what he deserved. However, I would assume this homeowner is far from a mind reader and most likely doesn't possess night vision. Meaning within this split second of a decision, it was either his and whoever else's safety, or a total risk to their lives. Most everyday people would rather stray from fatal jeopardy but maybe that's just me?

• Like 2

I understand what you are saying, but this lad was NOT armed.

Is it part of the gun training practice to shoot with out evaluating whether the other guy is armed first?

I was not there i do not know if it was 3 a.m. and the guy broke the window or just pushed it up.I also do not know if the guy asked him anything or if the teen started talking **** i was not there.I agree with identify the target but we have no clue about all the circumstances

• Like 2

Even I agree that death is not what he deserved. However, I would assume this homeowner is far from a mind reader and most likely doesn't possess night vision. Meaning within this split second of a decision, it was either his and whoever else's safety, or a total risk to their lives. Most everyday people would rather stray from fatal jeopardy but maybe that's just me?

Shooting first and asking later, even if to eliminate what may be a threat, is another reason why some people want to take away gun rights.

Edited by AliveInDeath7

I have trained in combat sports since i was 9 years old,every trainer tells you be careful who you use this on because you are not faster than a gun.If someone is 5 or 10 yards away from you holding a loaded gun sorry but you are not superman dude one step foward can get your ass blown away.Not trying to be a ******* but some of the things you are saying are just foolish!

I agree. I was imagining the scenario at point blank range, close enough to where you can grab the gun and wrestle it from the attacker, which could also get you shot, but that's the point: Guns are brilliant offensive weapons.

Either I die or he goes to prison. Actually he goes to prison regardless. lol

The friends should of stayed with him to make sure that he is safe. The friends should of waited and stopped him

• Like 2

What!?!? I can't even get out and enjoy nature anymore? There are very few good camping spots that don't have a healthy bear population. I suppose that means I should not be scuba diving or swimming in the ocean because I'm in shark's territory.

Blimey, I didn`t know you had that many bears there (for real). But are the camp sites not aware of all the bears around, do they not try to protect their customers or is the rule to shoot a bear if you see one?

As for scuba diving, haha, if you think that you have the right even though it is shark territory, fine, go swim girl.

Your point is great and actually shows what humans can be like, we have here a gun owner shooting and killing an unarmed intruder and people on here defending him, and yet when the tables are turned and you want to waltz into someone elses territory and have the right to shoot them?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

If you think this way, I guess the soldier should've shot me first and asked questions later when I was roofied and don't even recall any of the events that happened when drugged mind mistook his house for my own. I was told what happened, and believe me it made me never drink around so called friends or strangers again. Of course, I made amends for what I did and he understood that it wasn't my fault.

I was lucky that he knew how and WHEN to use a gun.

got anymore irrelevant stories?? go on, we wanna hear them all. lol.

you were not in that house, you have no idea what happened in the house, in question, so you have absolutely no qualification, and knowledge, evidence to say who was in a wrong and who was in the right, NONE, so why don't you talk about things you know about, whatever they are, but this is not one of them.,

you are dead or maimed big time. real world proves you have no clue what you talking about, with your "i know it all batter mentality". lol, i hope no one is dumb enough to actually take your advice.

It's called knowledge. Knowledge on offensive and defensive weapons.

Something you appear to lack, which is a problem if you own a firearm.

No, a normal person would not do this, well I hope not! A paranoid gun holder would do this, someone who relies on his gun to ask the questions and give the answers would do this, but normal person...no!

I fully agree with protecting your family and home, but if someone is going to shoot another person just because (lets say he was breaking in) then it is a very sorry state of affairs! IS this how we deal with people now...shoot them without evaluation?! the drunk did not pose a threat, the home owner knows his own home, he could easily have stood back and evaluated the situation first, maybe hide for a bit to see what the drunk would do...which I doubt would have been much and it would not have taken too long for the homeowner to see that the guy was not carrying a gun in his hand and sneaking about to rob the place.

This is not a case of man defending his family, its a man who was far too trigger happy with a gun..we have just had the Oscar Pistorius case, is this what gun owners are going to do now...shoot because they know no other way of judging a situation...now thats scary!

No offense but I'm glad you have never encountered this situation, hopefully. With the society we live in today, I can almost assure you whoever is enforcing the B&E is far from just curious to what the inside looks like. Any person has the right to be paranoid when a complete stranger decides on entering a home to which s/he has no reason being in. To label this man as trigger happy is a foolish conclusion. Does he go around shooting everything in sight? You too can label me a "paranoid triggerhappy," because I would have done the same, and I have no desire in questioning someone who is gambling their life upon breaking, and entering my home of which they have no business in.

This is a sad story, nonetheless. The child was innocent to a degree but the man had no idea what he was doing in his home and no way of telling if armed and dangerous.

• Like 1

Macho, macho man

I've got to be, a macho man

Macho, macho man (yeah, yeah)

I've got to be a macho!

You can't outrun a bear, especially when it wanders into you camp site in the middle of the night while you are asleep.

Yeah, no ****.

Serves you right for sleeping in it's territory then, doesn't it?

You're practically sleeping in it's front room.

The friends should of stayed with him to make sure that he is safe. The friends should of waited and stopped him

I agree nixon,the "friends" are just as responsible in this as anyone!

Switch the roles.

The teen is home alone and a drunken man breaks into the home through a back window. The teen gets his moms gun because she works 3rd shift and hes been properly trained in its safety and use. He shoots the drunken man in the darkness of the night out of fear.

Does the teen still sound like a crazed gun toter ...what if the teen was alone at home and female.

The right to defend your home is Universal and not based on age race sex or religion.

• Like 4

It wasn't irrelevant at all.

I'm not arguing with a close-minded individual.

I hope that wasn't directed toward me, because I'm far from being close-minded, and insults are completely unnecessary. I'm sure you could approach the conversation in a more mature manner.

Blimey, I didn`t know you had that many bears there (for real). But are the camp sites not aware of all the bears around, do they not try to protect their customers or is the rule to shoot a bear if you see one?

What do you want them to do to protect their customers...shoot them? We have thousands upon thousands of square miles of state parks/preserves here. Even though, the bears will wander into any area where humans are known to occupy because it's a good chance to grab a little easy food. They will even tear a car to pieces to get to it. We don't normally camp in official camp sites though.

Edited by Michelle

Switch the roles.

The teen is home alone and a drunken man breaks into the home through a back window. The teen gets his moms gun because she works 3rd shift and hes been properly trained in its safety and use. He shoots the drunken man in the darkness of the night out of fear.

Does the teen still sound like a crazed gun toter ...what if the teen was alone at home and female.

The right to defend your home is Universal and not based on age race sex or religion.

Well said asteroid

What do you want them to do to protect their customers...shoot them? We have thousands upon thousands of square miles of state parks/preserves here. Even though, the bears will wander into any area where humans are known to occupy because it's a good chance to grab a little easy food. They will even tear a car to pieces to get to it. We don't normally camp in official camp sites though.

I like watching them raid garbage cans with their cubs.

• Like 1

Serves you right for sleeping in it's territory then, doesn't it?

You're practically sleeping in it's front room.

I've been camping and hiking for forty something years and have never had to shoot an animal. That doesn't mean I won't have the means to protect myself if the need arises. Or to put one down if they are dying a slow death in one of the illegal traps poachers put out for them.

• Like 2

I like watching them raid garbage cans with their cubs.

I know, aren't they adorable!

No offense but I'm glad you have never encountered this situation, hopefully. With the society we live in today, I can almost assure you whoever is enforcing the B&E is far from just curious to what the inside looks like. Any person has the right to be paranoid when a complete stranger decides on entering a home to which s/he has no reason being in. To label this man as trigger happy is a foolish conclusion. Does he go around shooting everything in sight? You too can label me a "paranoid triggerhappy," because I would have done the same, and I have no desire in questioning someone who is gambling their life upon breaking, and entering my home of which they have no business in.

This is a sad story, nonetheless. The child was innocent to a degree but the man had no idea what he was doing in his home and no way of telling if armed and dangerous.

My actually point is the reaction by the man, The guy was NOT armed, yes he was entering someone elses house, but does that warrant DEATH without question?

As I have said, the owner knows his home, surely he could have spared that extra couple of seconds watching as the drunk was staggering about to evaluate the situation first?

This lad was not breaking in to a property he had no business to be in, he did not know he was in the wrong house, but of course the owner was not to know that, but I still say that if he held fire a bit longer, he would have seen the lad was not threat.

I understand the situation, purely because it is in a country where guns are the law maker to many, but REALLY?? KILL HIM?? could he not have shoot at his leg or arm or is that not an option? you break into my house, you die?

I can think of a whole lot of cretins of society who really do deserve the death sentence, but they had time and lawyers on their side, unlike this lad, which is unfortunate, because with a couple of extra seconds of time he would still be alive and his parents would not be with out a son.

• Like 2