Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NYU student invents wound-closing gel

Still Waters

A brainy NYU student has cooked up a magic gel that he says can stop even heavy bleeding — an invention that could make routine bandages obsolete.

Joe Landolina, 20, an Ulster County native and NYU junior, says his Veti-Gel almost instantly closes and begins healing even major wounds to internal organs and key arteries.

“There’s really no way to quickly stop bleeding except to hold lots of gauze on a wound,” Landolina told The Post. “I thought if you could pour this gel into a wound, it would solidify and stop the bleeding.”

http://www.nypost.co...lv86UiwDOLC90HJ

• Like 4

Sounds interesting, but how would bandage manufacturers like this? Unless they bought the rights to produce this gel.

If it does indeed work,the applications would limitless.It would be a good thing to have on the battlefield for instance

Yes he is a nerd for sure. This is a great invention. Think of the many ways it can and could be used from EMT'S to Doctors. Medic's. Good deal

Could of used something like that when my horse cut his leg badly and thought I would never get the bleeding stopped.

Sounds like the plasti-flesh from sci-fi war novels :tu:

This is awesome!!!

Edited by OverSword

This could be beneficial in many ways. I'm loving all of these scientific improvements lately and they just keep getting better!

How handy would this stuff be if everyone carried some? It would be great in times of need.

We need to know of hypersenstivity,its advantages more detail,also of any known problems with it

Well, you certainly wouldn't want to confuse a tube of that stuff with your K-Y. :whistle:

• Like 4

Here's a video of the stuff in use. Being used on a fresh pork loin, which they're pumping blood through.

Be cautious as there is quite a bit of blood.

http://www.technewsdaily.com/17163-warning-blood-veti-gel-stops-bleeding-instantly-video.html

• Like 2

Thanks IamLegend,just watched your link,thats some amazing gel. I think all USA citizens may need to carry this if the NRA get their way. No slander intended to my American cousins

I wonder how available this will be. I wonder if a big ass company will buy the rights and then if it will just disappear, or it will be super ass expesive to buy. I just can't imagine this being released to the consumer

Oh my, this stuff rocks. I wonder what the plant he used. I keep thinking of the chia seed gel when I read about it.

I think we should know what plant this is. AND the substance, once manufactured, should be over the counter, while every household and car should have this substance in the boot, in cases of emergency. Think how many lives it might save if it was utilized immediately.

Comfrey could also be the plant. Okra has a slime that might do it too. Aloe has the same pH that is much like the skin.

I am the person who thinks that every household should have an automated external defibrillator (AED), since the revival rate is extremely high if applied within three minutes. In our town, all police cars have one. Why not have them in our homes on stored somewhere on every street?

Applause to this brilliant young man!!!

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

One Step Closer to Immortality because of people like this.

Super glue was designed for the same reason WWIi.

It was also used in the Vietnam war.

Less like superglue and more like the wax baths from that movie Angelina Jolie was in, you know that movie with curved bullets trajectories and a secret society of assassins and a magical prophetic loom(Wanted, I think?!).... quite impressive.

Oh ****, someone invented something practical! Give this man some armed protection quick! It'll never pass through the FDA, they need people to be hurt/sick.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2

Ya right now they invent it 50 years later then they start making it...

Ironic how the caption has soldiers. Why does everything have to be associated with war? I am sure the army and navy would be the first to rush to use it if they can grab their greedy little hands on the product.