Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A New Muslim Plan

OverSword

From the article:

The unique importance of the Temple Mount to Judaism and to Islam makes the location vulnerable to tensions and conflicts between Jews and Muslims. Usually, these incidents originate in rumors such as: “The Jews are coming today to bomb the mosques and build their Third Temple.” Obviously, false accusations and baseless suspicions like these turn the site from a holy place of prayer and love into a site of violent political demonstrations. And, consequently, potential escalation of tension brings more restrictions and discomfort to all. Who benefits from this? Surely not the believers.

While the Israeli government ensures limited public access to the Temple Mount regardless of religious beliefs, only Muslims are allowed to pray at the place, which is known to Muslims as Haram al-Sharif. Otherwise, the government has prohibited everyone except Muslims from worshipping there since 1967, due to security concerns. Nevertheless, Muslims, too, are occasionally restricted. The Jordanian Waqf which administers the site has restricted non-Muslims from entering the Dome of the Rock and the Al-Aqsa Mosque since the year 2000. What’s more, non-Muslim religious symbols are not allowed to be worn while entering the site.

Freedom of worship is an essential issue. The Temple Mount, where the First and Second Temples stood, is the holiest place to the people of Israel. However, it is no less holy to both Muslims and Christians. Since this is a location that God has announced to be a “house of prayer for all nations,” it should be a place of festivity for all believers. As all who call on the God of Abraham are brothers, Jews and Christians should be able to offer prayers there in dignity and peace along with Muslims. To cast believers out from such a place, to prevent worship there, is a heinous and, quite frankly, cruel policy, which is an offense not only to men, but to Islam. God Himself condemns anyone who forbids worship:

“And who is more unjust than he who forbids that in places for the worship of God, God’s name should be celebrated?-whose zeal is (in fact) to ruin them? It was not fitting that such should themselves enter them except in fear. For them there is nothing but disgrace in this world, and in the world to come, an exceeding torment.” (Koran 2:214)

read here: http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/opinions/a-new-muslim-vision-rebuilding-solomons-temple-together/2013/03/12/#

• Like 3

You mean doing something that make sense like live together as one nation of many peoples and religions under secular laws and rights.

Think of the boost to the economy with the tourism alone.

Edited by Darkwind
  • Like 3

Yeah. The wold needs to stop fearing, hating and judging or we're gonna die.

• Like 4

Yeah. The wold needs to stop fearing, hating and judging or we're gonna die.

PRECISELY....and because it is our nature to be hard headed and stiff necked we will almost have to extinct ourselves as a species before we finally learn this lesson. Such a waste. But I fully believe the vision this author has will come true some day. All peoples worshiping the one true God.
  • Like 1

ahhh....if only the 3 abrahamic religions could get along, ive studied the bible and the quran and and a little bit of the torah, and ive always left thinking all 3 are the work of the same devine being. Why cant they all see that? The scriptures are like 3 parts of a single grand book......

• Like 1

Sounds lovely but it's wishful thinking. Anyways, if they ever did rebuild the Temple of Solomon, it would mean the return of animal sacrifice. That's a non-starter for me.

The book of Revelation mentions the animal sacrifice and the fact that it gets interrupted - I guess others will feel the same.

Have faith, pilgrims!

"A Scottish church has become the first in the UK to share its premises with Muslim worshippers.

St John’s Episcopal Church in Aberdeen now welcomes hundreds of Muslims praying five times a day in their building as the nearby mosque was so small that they were forced to worship outside.

The minister of St John's, Rev Isaac Poobalan, has handed over part of the church hall to Chief Imam Ahmed Megharbi and the imam has led prayers in the main chapel.

Rev Poobalan said today that he would not be true to his faith if he did not offer to help."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2295149/Christians-roll-welcome-Muslims-having-pray-wind-rain-mosque-small.html

:)

• Like 1

ahhh....if only the 3 abrahamic religions could get along, ive studied the bible and the quran and and a little bit of the torah, and ive always left thinking all 3 are the work of the same devine being. Why cant they all see that? The scriptures are like 3 parts of a single grand book......

Because apples are better than oranges and everyone hates grapes.

• Like 2

I figure that the big 3 evolved from the same root,and at some point split into the 3.If only they could get along,pesky artistic differences.

It is known as sectarianism. The divisions within the Abrahamic religions -- Sunni vs. Shia, Orthodox vs. Reformed, Catholic vs. Orthodox vs. Protestant -- tell us there is inherent in the tradition a tendency to this sort of division and internal hate.

I think at root it comes from the Commandment to avoid idolatry -- that Jehovah is a jealous god who tolerates no differnces of opinion.

• Like 2

It is known as sectarianism. The divisions within the Abrahamic religions -- Sunni vs. Shia, Orthodox vs. Reformed, Catholic vs. Orthodox vs. Protestant -- tell us there is inherent in the tradition a tendency to this sort of division and internal hate.

I think at root it comes from the Commandment to avoid idolatry -- that Jehovah is a jealous god who tolerates no differnces of opinion.

I think at the root it comes from tribalism and our love of feeling superior.

• Like 2

Jews, Christains and the Muslims all believe in the same god of Abraham , however isn`nt the fight over which Son Issac or Ishamel was almost scarifice there and God promise their desendants the land? I ve read in the Muslims books they believe it was Ishamel that Abraham was to scarifice and not Issac.Is that what the conflict there is all about ?

Jews, Christains and the Muslims all believe in the same god of Abraham , however isn`nt the fight over which Son Issac or Ishamel was almost scarifice there and God promise their desendants the land? I ve read in the Muslims books they believe it was Ishamel that Abraham was to scarifice and not Issac.Is that what the conflict there is all about ?

I believe Abraham sent away his Concubine Hagar and her son Ishmael,when another Concubine called Sarah reported to Abraham that Ishmael was making idols.Also, apparently he tried to kill Jacob.

http://www.realbible...l/ishmael-1.php

This is allegedly where all Conflict is supposed to start.Although the site may be a bit dodgy.

Those pesky females. :w00t:

Edited by shaddow134

I believe Abraham sent away his Concubine Hagar and her son Ishmael,when another Concubine called Sarah reported to Abraham that Ishmael was making idols.Also, apparently he tried to kill Jacob.

http://www.realbible...l/ishmael-1.php

This is allegedly where all Conflict is supposed to start.Although the site may be a bit dodgy.

Those pesky females. :w00t:

Not sure of that version, I try and go by what the Bible says, but what I mean by the desendants were`nt the Jewish people and Christ the desendants of Issac,where as the Mohammed and his followers are the desendants of Ishamel. I`m not aganist any religion or belief, just want to learn the history of why there was such a conflict.

Edited by docyabut2

I rather think fights between the concubines and wives are hardly the reason for modern animosity between Jew and Arab. It has far more to do with much more recent events.

I rather think fights between the concubines and wives are hardly the reason for modern animosity between Jew and Arab. It has far more to do with much more recent events.

I'm not saying that it is.I was just commenting on a specific point.

• Like 1

Sadly seems the closer two religions are the more than want to kill each other. Jews and Muslims should get together to laugh at the Christians. With their thinking Jesus was devine and eating pork. :P

• Like 1

Sadly seems the closer two religions are the more than want to kill each other. Jews and Muslims should get together to laugh at the Christians. With their thinking Jesus was devine and eating pork. :P

You lost me on that one. Did you say He ate pork or that Christians do? If He ate pork I never saw a reference to it. I agree that loosening up and laughing would be a good thing though.
  • Like 1

Jesus is divine in Islam, so that's another thing for them to disagree on. The Qu'ran mentions Jesus 25 times; it mentions Muhammad 4 times. Jesus didn't even die according to Islamic belief; he rose straight to Heaven so in that sense he's more divine in Islam than he is in Christianity.

Jesus didn't even die according to Islamic belief; he rose straight to Heaven so in that sense he's more divine in Islam than he is in Christianity.

And Muhammad, the insane militant idiot, went straight to Hell.

Doesn't bother me...

There is only one religion, though there are a hundred versions of it. -- George Bernard Shaw

(lol)

• Like 1

And Muhammad, the insane militant idiot, went straight to Hell.

Doesn't bother me...

I doubt it... But either way you seem to have found yamato's comment a little offensive, im curious why?

Did you find islams view of jesus going to heaven rather than dying on the cross...offensive?

Why? wouldnt you be happy that jesus might have never died in the first place? Did he have to die? Just because the bible says he did?

Just curious thats all.

On a side note: i have yet to come across a single muslim who has verbally dammed religious figures of the bible,torah or talmud.

Yet noticeably christans in particular seem to jump on quranic figures every chance they get.........Why?

Oops more questions.

Edited by .AKUMA.
  • Like 1

@ .AKUMA.

Your statements and questions are fine. In fact, I note a high degree of maturity within you.

However, allow me to refrain from answering at this time... I do not wish to be any more contentious than I already have.

• Like 1

I doubt it... But either way you seem to have found yamato's comment a little offensive, im curious why?

Did you find islams view of jesus going to heaven rather than dying on the cross...offensive?

Why? wouldnt you be happy that jesus might have never died in the first place? Did he have to die? Just because the bible says he did?

Just curious thats all.

On a side note: i have yet to come across a single muslim who has verbally dammed religious figures of the bible,torah or talmud.

Yet noticeably christans in particular seem to jump on quranic figures every chance they get.........Why?

Oops more questions.

Akuma the essence, the very HEART of Christianity is the belief that Jesus 1 is the son of God, 2 that he died as a blood sacrifice for the sin of all mankind and 3 that he defeated death for all of us by resurrecting the third day. I understand that most in the world do not believe this but this IS what being a Christian means. When anyone brings into question one of those three FUNDAMENTAL assertions you can see why it would be a challenge for a Christian, no? It undermines the heart of a belief system. So if it seems we are attacking Quranic figures it actually is more of returning fire rather than initiating it. Islam is fundamentally against Christianity, the very definition of "anti christ". They deny strenuously ALL THREE of these tenets. Yet they say we worship the same God. I hope that clears it up. :tu:
  • Like 3