Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fukushima Nuclear Plant

AsteroidX

Had a Blackout in the cooling system today. They say it will be stable for 4 days but do not how long till cooling system will take to get back online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NnzZ31fTE8A

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 2

-.- dont you think we should probably figure out how to completely control the plants before we start relying on them?

Had a Blackout in the cooling system today. They say it will be stable for 4 days but do not how long till cooling system will take to get back online.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NnzZ31fTE8A[/media]

This disaster is far from over,i know many fishermen from all corners of the states and these people know their professions far better than what any quick searches on the net can do.Many are worried about contamination just from what has already happened,most just look at the short term "oh well nothing has happened yet" some really horrible things take time!What this disaster has caused already will be known in a few more years,and if not taken care of or actually recognized for what it actually is or can become....Then things can get much worse!

Indeed. There failsafe plan is to use containers to keep filling the contaminated water into and if they run out of containers they will have to make another massive dump into the ocean. Living in Oregon I get it. These daily updates are a good tracker and I thought a decent threadworthy environmental thing to start up.

I think I spent 7 hours reading up about the accident and aftermath last night. I did not have comms when the accident happened. Just saw the very basics from MSM. So I was suprised and didnt realize my land has radiation in it now. The ocean spill is gonna be the hugest natural disaster this world has ever witnessed IMO and they are rating it higher then the Chernobyl event now.

• Like 1

Indeed. There failsafe plan is to use containers to keep filling the contaminated water into and if they run out of containers they will have to make another massive dump into the ocean. Living in Oregon I get it. These daily updates are a good tracker and I thought a decent threadworthy environmental thing to start up.

I think I spent 7 hours reading up about the accident and aftermath last night. I did not have comms when the accident happened. Just saw the very basics from MSM. So I was suprised and didnt realize my land has radiation in it now. The ocean spill is gonna be the hugest natural disaster this world has ever witnessed IMO and they are rating it higher then the Chernobyl event now.

Damn your on the west coast,over here on the east coast/gulf region certain elements since this event have become far above average though nothing makes msm therefore no one cares.Most even think the oil spill down here was no big deal,already taken care of.Yeah just because it cannot be seen does not mean its over,our oceans are in far worse shape than most realize!Another 50 years of an accident or a few like recent times happen guess what?The resulting mass problems will be blamed on "Man made global warming" haha.

Cover ups and ignorance are killing our planet.The kool aid of this generation must be some good ****!Though its going to be hard to drink for the next.

• Like 3

Im curious if they oil spill didnt trigger this bayou sink. Might be way off but they talking about oil burps and sheen now. Not too mention the methane explosion risk. Supposed to be a few something megatons worth of methane down there.

• Like 2

Im curious if they oil spill didnt trigger this bayou sink. Might be way off but they talking about oil burps and sheen now. Not too mention the methane explosion risk. Supposed to be a few something megatons worth of methane down there.

Honestly talk to anyone who works in certain departments,or just use common sense combined with evidence that can be found fairly easily the link between the 2 events is astonishing!Some of the older people down here can tell better than anyone that things have hit a big change in 3 years time.Sometimes things are not what they seem,nor are they otherwise.

• Like 1

I was rather suprised when all the oil spilled just "vanished"..was the word they used evaporated. Back when

• Like 1

Yeah evaporated oil,makes one wonder what damn planet we live on haha

• Like 1

Mother Earth Good Sir

• Like 1

-.- dont you think we should probably figure out how to completely control the plants before we start relying on them?

We do. It took a tsunami to cause the trouble a Fukushima; a computer error (or errors), then a calamity of other factors, in Pennsylvania; and I'm not sure what caused Chernobyl, but I would hazard a guess at scrimping on costs and lack of proper maintenance.

• Like 2

Chernobyl...1000's of Russian soldiers died to build that cement sarcophagus thats shelf life is running. It was a meltdown. Most people that lived in the nearby town are now dead from radiation poisoning and aging. Theres a vid out there somewhere on Chernobyl. 1000's of Japanese will die containing Fukushima.

Chernobyl happened at the end of the cold war. Nuclear was different back then. It was an arms race not an energy race. But indeed lower standards caused a catastrophe that spread all the way to Belarus and is still directly child births today.

• Like 2

Since most governments rarely tell the truth about these matters I don't like to eat anything from that part of the world or out of the ocean anywhere for that matter.

The life of nuclear power plants is about 30 to 40 years. Fukushima was brought on line in 1971. It should of never been built so close to the ocean or on a fault line to begin with.

Unit 1 is a 460 MW boiling water reactor (BWR-3) constructed in July 1967. It commenced commercial electrical production on March 26, 1971, and was initially scheduled for shutdown in early 2011.[15] In February 2011, Japanese regulators granted an extension of ten years for the continued operation of the reactor.[16] It was damaged during the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami.[

Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant

I think this is a big mistake that the world could end up paying for.

The Russian Federal Nuclear Agency (Rosatom, formerly Minatom), has decided to extend the operation of nuclear power plants (NPPs) that have surpassed their projected-engineered life spans. Many scientists, experts and NGOs maintain that such practice by Rosatom is economically unjustifiable, environmentally dangerous – to say nothing of illegal.

Life Extension of Russian Nuclear Power Plants

• Like 4

First minute of this podcast shows the wind driven radiation spread following the original Fukushima accident.

The life of nuclear power plants is about 30 to 40 years. Fukushima was brought on line in 1971. It should of never been built so close to the ocean or on a fault line to begin with.

Yes on all those. It was due to be decommisioned but that does us no good now. The worst part of this ongoing event and what seperates it from Chernobyl is it has not been capped. In essence we are one small disaster from full meltdowns and the total amount of rods is equivalent to 100's if not 1000's of Hiroshimas.

• 3 weeks later...

Who is "they"? Your favourite conspiracy theorists?

Its your Governments plan to dump the radiated water in the ocean if they run out of storage not mine.

But dont get me wrong its a horrible accident caused by mother nature. But then again perhaps nuclear is not the best idea on such a seismically active area. But who am I just a scmuck that gets to watch your garbage wash up on my local beaches.

We can control them. What we shouldn't be doing is building them on a coast next to an active fault line. Nuclear remains the most efficient and safest energy option.

I'm not sure what caused Chernobyl, but I would hazard a guess at scrimping on costs and lack of proper maintenance.

Basically, yes. They ran a dangerous safety test during a shift change, so the new workers weren't aware they were shutting the reactor safety systems down. Utter stupidity.

Regardless of this, Chernobyl could not happen with today's reactors.

• Like 1

Fish caught off the California coast have been found to have Fukushima radioactivity.

Then there's the matter of the Japanese debris that's piling up on or Pacific coast. Docks, boats, soccer balls ...

Thank You Sear I knew they were going to test the fish in Cali didnt know they had. The stuff up here in Oregon so far seems to be non radioactive as it was ahead of the radiatiated water and the fastest of the garbage to cross the Pacific. Not so certain about later debris or if what we have already has some radiation.

Fish and later debris are obviously the biggest concern and the eddying effect of the PNW and the entire western seaboard that will trap the radioactive water along the coasts from Alaska to Chile for many many years to come. Although this may help dilute it somewhat.

Another dump into the ocean or if theres a problem with Hanford radiation sludge escaping into the Columbia or Willamette rivers again then we have a pretty messy looking radiological event up here.