Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who, What, Why.

Commander CMG

As a teen i used to give the Nazi salute whenever i saw fellow shool mate we called "little hitler" (i can't for the life of me remember why he had that name, none of us were particularly racist or political) and i admit that i didn't understand it fully at 13. But to be arrested for a salute? or a political ideal? Sounds very anti-freedom of speach and scaremongering, much like a Nazi policy, .

Well, the Nazi salute is only a salute to the German fascist regime these days, nothing more. And by all means we want to prevent that from happening again. It is unconstitutional.

§ 86a StGB Use of Symbols of Unconstitutional Organizations

(1) Whoever:

1. domestically distributes or publicly uses, in a meeting or in writings (§ 11 subsection (3)) disseminated by him, symbols of one of the parties or organizations indicated in § 86 subsection (1), nos. 1, 2 and 4; or

2. produces, stocks, imports or exports objects which depict or contain such symbols for distribution or use domestically or abroad, in the manner indicated in number 1,

shall be punished with imprisonment for not more than three years or a fine.

(2) Symbols, within the meaning of subsection (1), shall be, in particular, flags, insignia, uniforms, slogans and forms of greeting. Symbols which are so similar as to be mistaken for those named in sentence 1 shall be deemed to be equivalent thereto.

Edit:

Sounds very anti-freedom of speach and scaremongering, much like a Nazi policy

So working towards an anti-freedom society like the Nazi regime should be tolerated? Everything has it's boundaries.

Edited by FLOMBIE

Nazi salutes are one thing but don't mention the war.

• Like 1

Me either.

You want football banned remember, now you wouldn't mind playing it, C'mon buddy make your mind up.Ah you want your cake and eat it..gotcha.

I gotta let you in on a little secret; the football watched in Vietnam -- and watched passionately, is British and Spanish league play. It's in the bars live and on several TV channels and no end of money is wagered on it. Oh, yes, there is Vietnamese football, but, really . . . (except one time when they beat Singapore -- that was a few years ago).

By the way, don't go around Vietnam flashing Nazi symbols and salutes. Worse could happen than just being banned from football (although usually foreigners who do that sort of thing just get kicked out of the country, don't count on it).

I've been to Vietnam, you can keep it buddy.Best of luck.

Yet its perfectly ok to praise stalin and mao and their filth that ended up costing the lives of even more than hitler ever did (not that i support any of them).

• Like 1

Football (soccer to you),is played on all habitable Continents,by people of all races,which cannot be said of any other sport except fishing,however fishing does not have a massive spectator following.So you are definitely in a minority.

Ummm...basketball, baseball, tennis, golf and even Auto Racing occur on all habitable continents.

I've been to Vietnam, you can keep it buddy.Best of luck.

I probably will.As a tourist destination, it has beaches and more beaches and more beaches, all very tropical with warm sand and palm trees and stinging jellyfish. There is also a few crumbling Chom towers, lots of good food, war stuff if you can stomach it, some beautiful scenery (everyone has that), and you can live cheap if you know how to strike a bargain, but not as cheap as only a few years ago.I travel a lot and have been in Britain maybe a dozen times, but not enough to make any judgments about the place. I think that takes at least a year.

No? We put people in torture camps too. We invade any country we like too, with zero just cause. We're stuck in a dictatorship too, doesn't matter who you vote for; same sht, different a-hole.

Seems pretty similar to me...

Is it only the US and Europe who do those things?