Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White bigfoot

pokingjoker

Why can't bigfoot simply vary in color, like bears, and whitish ones occur around a certain area as you stated in the OP: Great Lakes. Just like the spirit bears of BC?

You'd really have to do a study of white bigfoot sightings to theorize anything.

If due to age, unless they die young, wouldn't there be more sightings over a greater area? Would bigfoot live longer in the Northern or Southern U.S.?

As far as camouflage and winter around the Great Lakes in the U.S and as far south as Kentucky? Idk. A white coat would be more obvious than serve as camouflage, imo.

Maybe they're from father north migrating down, and it's a trait that hasn't changed due to their new environment.

We're talking Yeti here aren't we? But It lives where a winterwhite coat would be advantageous.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I truly cant say as to rarer sighting in winter vs. fall spring and summer. With no data to support im only making an educated guess as most sight would occur during nicer weather as most people tend to stay indoors or closer to home not trekking through the wilderness in the winter months. So again i think its we are simply were dealing with a subspecies of Bigfoot.

I don't pay pay to much attention to the bigfoot websites, but I know some of them have quite extensive sightings databases. Perhaps you or someone else who is more interested than I could do a bit of research, and find out how rare white bifoot sightings are, locations, and time of year they were seen.

I think Stardrive, DieChecker, or QuiteContrary's theories (old age, color variant/phases) would be most likely.

However...IMO bigfoot already breaks so many natural, and primatological laws, why not add seasonal color changes too them?

Interesting topic. Thanks for posting it! :tu:

I can see a primate greying out as they age......uhm.........I'll take grey to bald, but while I can't rule out an albino Bigfoot, it seems it would stand out like a sore thumb. Much like albino deer do.

Sakari...is that you?

Maybe..... :innocent:

Here is MKDavis' alleged (southern US) white bigfoot. He says they are unusual. I haven't watched it all, if he has more to add on white bigfoot.

Wait, wait, wait.... So a White Bigfoot is unusual... Then what is a regular black/brown/reddish bigfoot??? Everyday... common... chopped liver????

• Like 1

Wait, wait, wait.... So a White Bigfoot is unusual... Then what is a regular black/brown/reddish bigfoot??? Everyday... common... chopped liver????

Just a hunch, but are those who own white Ghillie suits a little rarer too?

Just a hunch, but are those who own white Ghillie suits a little rarer too?

Propably just the ones that wear them in public. :tu:

• Like 1

Imagine the outrage if the title was Black Bigfoot.

• Like 1

Just another example of people extrapolating various theories to "explain" an animal whose existence remains unverified. Instead of looking at the actual evidence (to date none) for Bigfoot's existence - talking about vetted, verified, and peer reviewed scientific evidence here folks, since Bigfoot is an animal and animals fall into Science's sandbox to play in - and concluding that this is more than likely some other KNOWN animal, we have another mystical ability to add to Sasquatch's toolbox. So now its telepathic, interdimensional, super-intelligent, possessed of an extreme level of how to stay hidden, and IT CAN CHANGE COLOR! All of these purported abilities from an animal that has never once been studied in reality.

Isn't it far more likely that either 1) the video is a hoax....or 2) its some other species - like the albino bear that was brought up earlier - which interestingly is a real animal that has been vetted, validated, and peer reviewed by science.

• Like 1

Waiting for that Ginger Bif report.

ginger-kids.jpg

• Like 1

Idk, I'm pretty sure pokingjoker (OP) is being strangled by a white bigfoot in his avatar! :)

Yep, definitely, the attack of the dreaded white Bigfoot. Poor guy never had a chance. May he rest in peace.

:w00t:

Rise of the blonde bigfoot

http://www.bigfootlu...ect-50-vhs.html

As I age my hair is white, yet people tell me it looks blonde. Some brown hairs age to a blonde (yellow white).

I was blond, now I've gone grey, so I tell people I'm now Platinum Blond.........yes, like Marilyn. Hey, haters gonna hate.

Just another example of people extrapolating various theories to "explain" an animal whose existence remains unverified. Instead of looking at the actual evidence (to date none) for Bigfoot's existence - talking about vetted, verified, and peer reviewed scientific evidence here folks, since Bigfoot is an animal and animals fall into Science's sandbox to play in - and concluding that this is more than likely some other KNOWN animal, we have another mystical ability to add to Sasquatch's toolbox. So now its telepathic, interdimensional, super-intelligent, possessed of an extreme level of how to stay hidden, and IT CAN CHANGE COLOR! All of these purported abilities from an animal that has never once been studied in reality.

Isn't it far more likely that either 1) the video is a hoax....or 2) its some other species - like the albino bear that was brought up earlier - which interestingly is a real animal that has been vetted, validated, and peer reviewed by science.

Sadly off all those "abilities" you listed NONE are backed by science with the EXCEPTION of color changes with the season as i first threw out as a POSSIBILITY. Once again as known animals in colder climates do i just asked if anyone thought was possible. I am not debating if bigfoot is real or not, what im asking is based off of alleged bigfoot sighting a big chunk have claimed to see a white one instead of the normal brown/red black. And as to those sighting is it possible this is a valid reason, compared to albinoism i think its more likely they share the ability many creatures do, Old age......i just dont by that as a valid reason either, cause like any other species if the creatures is old enough for its entire hair to change a white color, one would think it would be seen much more than once or twice.

Sadly off all those "abilities" you listed NONE are backed by science with the EXCEPTION of color changes with the season as i first threw out as a POSSIBILITY. Once again as known animals in colder climates do i just asked if anyone thought was possible. I am not debating if bigfoot is real or not, what im asking is based off of alleged bigfoot sighting a big chunk have claimed to see a white one instead of the normal brown/red black. And as to those sighting is it possible this is a valid reason, compared to albinoism i think its more likely they share the ability many creatures do, Old age......i just dont by that as a valid reason either, cause like any other species if the creatures is old enough for its entire hair to change a white color, one would think it would be seen much more than once or twice.

There could be other reasons aged bigfoot are not seen. They die earlier, or don't "venture out" much, or not all turn (an all over) white/silver/gray when older.

What makes you say "a big chunk have claimed to see a white one"? Do you have a reference for this? Mr. MK Bigfoot Davis says they are rare.

Maybe the older ones migrate to Florida where they are surmised to be Cubans and left in peace? (It's just a thought)

As for white ones, how about they turned white after getting a severe fright at the sight of a real ugly hunter/camper?

• Like 1

I was blond, now I've gone grey, so I tell people I'm now Platinum Blond.........yes, like Marilyn. Hey, haters gonna hate.

Ahh, Ken, I hate to break this to ya...

You really have to explain to the yoots who Marylin is. Ahhhh, it's a generation thing, ya know?

And I'm not saying you and I are old but.....

oh screw it, yes I am LOL

• Like 2