Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

America Nuked 9/11

poppet

that situation is because you don't get to see it ... the profits can't float up because the books don't balance ... the profits isn't declared ... yet.

The national debt isn't because of the monetary costs of 'the wars'

You might want to check this out.

Huge Military Spending Cut Looming

WASHINGTON — Pending automatic spending cuts have put the U.S. armed forces on a path to being so unprepared for combat that it would be "immoral" to use them, the Defense Department's top leaders told lawmakers Tuesday in their most dire warning yet of how looming budget reductions could undercut military readiness.

Gen. Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in response to a question during a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing that neither he nor any of the four-star officers in charge of the military services have considered resigning to protest the billions in dollars in cuts that will begin on March 1 unless Congress acts to stop them.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2669769.html

Pentagon’s $527 billion budget includes new base closures, military benefit cuts

President Obama’s Pentagon budget includes a new round of base closures, increases in military healthcare fees and a reduction of the annual pay increase for service members.

http://thehill.com/b...s#ixzz2Q8HSiUuR

Edited by skyeagle409

You might want to check this out.

Obama’s Budget Rescues the Pentagon

Instead of $500 billion in cuts, Obama proposes only $100 billion, and you have to look closely to spot it (“$200 billion in additional discretionary savings, with equal amounts from defense and nondefense programs”).

link

Pentagon budget highlights cuts and consolidation

Under the plan, the budget would terminate "lower-priority and poorly performing weapons programs," according to a statement from the department.

The Pentagon also says it intends to look into consolidating its existing defense infrastructure and combining military treatment facilities.

link

Indiana's defense contractors can weather Pentagon budget cuts, officials say

Since 2001, the Pentagon has doled out $43 billion in contracts in Indiana, and the number of contractors winning a piece of the action has jumped from 362 to more than 1,100.

But there's also little doubt that, with the war in Iraq at an end and the Afghanistan conflict winding down, the militarily flush times are turning leaner. ...

link
  • Like 1

In case you didn't know, consolidation means cutbacks.

Panetta Warns of Dire Consequences to Military From Budget Cuts

WASHINGTON — In the wake of President Obama’s appeal to Congress to stave off across-the-board military and domestic spending cuts, Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta warned Wednesday that reductions from the automatic cuts would curtail American naval operations in the western Pacific by as much as a third and force one-month furloughs for as many as 800,000 Defense Department civilian employees starting this spring.

http://www.nytimes.c...-from-cuts.html

Panetta: Military cuts to hit 'all 50 states

The Pentagon proposed budget cuts on Thursday that would slash the size of the U.S. military by eliminating thousands of jobs, mothballing ships and trimming air squadrons in an effort to shift strategic direction and reduce spending by $487 billion over a decade.

The funding request, which includes painful cuts for many states, sets the stage for a new struggle between President Barack Obama's administration and Congress over how much the Pentagon should spend on national security as the country tries to curb trillion-dollar budget deficits.

http://usnews.nbcnew...-50-states?lite

Deep Military Cuts Begin as Congress Dawdles

Congressional leaders appear to have reach consensus that it is safer politically to allow deep and arbitrary cuts to military budgets than it is to negotiate a large debt-reduction deal that would have names attached. With Republicans and Democrats unwilling to make difficult decisions to address budget deficits in a balanced way, the military is being forced to cut training, cancel construction projects, defer maintenance of ships, aircraft and vehicles, cancel professional conferences, halt most temporary duty assignments, and interrupt supply and equipment purchases.

Quality of life for the military also is being impacted as dependents lose jobs, local economies and businesses lose contracts, and base operations, including family support programs, take immediate budget cuts.

http://www.military....ss-dawdles.html

Defense contractors rally against budget cuts

With automatic, across-the-board federal budget cuts slated to begin next January, defense industry leaders warned of deep wounds to America's backbone if Congress fails to act to avoid the roughly $1 trillion in reductions.

At a rally Monday in Crystal City, Va., some Northern Virginia-based defense contractors said the mandatory cuts, which will take effect if Congress doesn't craft an alternative budget-cutting package, would cost millions of American jobs and ripple across the entire economy.

http://www.armytimes...nst-budget-cuts

Federal budget cuts ground Air Force aircraft

Budget cuts ground 3rd of Air Force warplanes; those headed to Afghanistan to be mission ready

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) -- A top general says federal budget cuts that will ground one-third of the U.S. Air Force's active-duty force of combat planes including fighters and bombers means "accepting the risk that combat airpower may not be ready to respond immediately to new contingencies as they occur."Gen. Mike Hostage, commander of Air Combat Command at Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Virginia, issued the warning Tuesday as the Pentagon braces for more effects of the automatic spending cuts triggered by the lack of a budget agreement in Washington.

Hostage said that only the units preparing to deploy to major operations, such as the war in Afghanistan, will remain mission-ready. Other units would stand down on a rotating basis, he added.

The Air Force didn't immediately release a list of the specific units and bases that would be affected, but it said it would cover some fighters like F-16 Fighting Falcons and F-22 Raptors, and some airborne warning and control aircraft in the U.S., Europe and the Pacific.

The Air Force says, on average, aircrews "lose currency" to fly combat commissions within 90 to 120 days of not flying. It generally takes 60 to 90 days to train the crews to mission-ready status.

Returning grounded units to be ready for missions will require additional funds beyond Air Combat Command's normal budget, according to Air Force officials. The "stand down" will remain in effect for the remainder of fiscal year 2013 barring any changes to funding.

"Even a six-month stand down of units will have significant long-term, multi-year impacts on our operational readiness," Air Combat Command spokesman Maj. Brandon Lingle wrote in an email to The Associated Press.

http://news.yahoo.co...-113356244.html

Edited by skyeagle409

In case you didn't know, consolidation means cutbacks.

[/size][/font]

con·sol·i·da·tion

[kuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngn-sol-i-dey-shuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngn]

noun

an act or instance of consolidating; the state of being consolidated; unification: consolidation of companies.

solidification; strengthening: consolidation of principles and beliefs.

something that is or has been consolidated; a consolidated whole.

Law.

a.

a statutory combination of two or more corporations.

b.

the union of two or more claims or actions at law for trial or appeal.

I know

Pentagon budget highlights cuts and consolidation

Under the plan, the budget would terminate "lower-priority and poorly performing weapons programs," according to a statement from the department.

The Pentagon also says it intends to look into consolidating its existing defense infrastructure and combining military treatment facilities.

link

you see cut backs as no money to spend ... I see.

the cutbacks now are expected as Bush Jr did declare "mission accomplished"

Note that a few of your links are pretty dated far back ... just saying.

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 2

con·sol·i·da·tion

[kuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngn-sol-i-dey-shuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngn]

noun

an act or instance of consolidating; the state of being consolidated; unification: consolidation of companies.

solidification; strengthening: consolidation of principles and beliefs.

something that is or has been consolidated; a consolidated whole.

Law.

a.

a statutory combination of two or more corporations.

b.

the union of two or more claims or actions at law for trial or appeal.

I don't think that you understand. When we consolidated operations at my base, many civilians were either sent off to retirement or to the unemployment line. In other words, we had to do with less, which strained the system and affected operations.

you see cut backs as no money to spend ... I see.

Of course we have no money to spend, which is why operations are being cutback and people are being laid off.

Budget cuts hurt schools in military communities hard

YERMO, Calif. - Nearly $2 billion in federal funding is being trimmed from public schools across the country - part of the budget sequester that went into effect a month ago. It's schools in military communities, however, that are especially hard hit.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57577193/budget-cuts-hurt-schools-in-military-communities-hard/

Panetta Outlines Defense Cuts He Says Will Hurt Military, Economy

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta is laying out a grim list of spending cuts the Pentagon will have to make in the coming weeks that he says will seriously damage the country's economy and degrade the military's ability to respond to a crisis.

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Panetta-Outlines-Defense-Cuts-He-Says-Will-Damage-Military-Economy-190024471.html

I don't think that you understand. When we consolidated operations at my base, many civilians were either sent off to retirement or to the unemployment line. In other words, we had to do with less, which strained the system and affected operations.

Of course we have no money to spend, which is why operations are being cutback and people are being laid off.

I guess I've been discussing something totally different from a different perspective ... I understand now.

• Like 2

I guess I've been discussing something totally different from a different perspective ... I understand now.

I know from experience in the military what it means when consolidation occurs.

• Like 1

Sky marches to the beat of a different drummer. :whistle:

• Like 3

Sky marches to the beat of a different drummer. :whistle:

One of reality. :yes:

I guess nothing hurts more than when money destined for our wallets ending up somewhere else ....

• Like 2

I guess nothing hurts more than when money destined for our wallets ending up somewhere else ....

To show how bad things are financially, check this out.

USAF THUNDERBIRDS SCHEDULE 2013

MPORTANT NOTICE / DISCLAIMER: March 1, 2013 USAF Announcement: The implementation of across-the-board cuts in federal spending has caused the curtailment of the Thunderbirds 2013 show schedule. Effective April 1, all of the team’s performances have been cancelled.

Budget cuts ground Blue Angels, Thunderbirds

(CNN) -- The nation's best military fliers have had their wings clipped, thanks to the forced spending cuts imposed on the federal government this year.

The U.S. Navy on Tuesday announced it was canceling all the air shows its Blue Angels Flight Demonstration Squadron had scheduled for the rest of the year. The Navy action follows the Air Force's April 1 announcement that its Thunderbirds team would not perform again this year.

Federal budget cuts would end flyovers at sports events

Edited by skyeagle409

an Internal tit for tat ?

Sales of F-35 fighters to Israel could violate Japan's export ban

Potential U.S. sales of F-35 stealth fighter jets, which include Japanese-made parts, to Israel could send Japan into turbulence because of the nation's ban on weapons exports to designated countries.

Lockheed Martin Corp. of the United States is developing the radar-evading aircraft. Japan has allocated 29.9 billion yen ($330 million) to acquire two F-35s--the first to be manufactured with the participation of Japanese companies--in the draft fiscal 2013 budget adopted on Jan. 29.

Defense Minister Itsunori Onodera admitted at a news conference the same day that F-35s that use Japanese parts may be exported to Israel.

The sale would conflict with the government’s three principles on arms exports, which ban exports to communist countries, countries subject to arms export embargoes under U.N. Security Council resolutions and countries involved in or likely to be involved in international conflicts.

link

no sale approval ... you get budget cuts

Expensive F-35 fighter at risk of budget 'death spiral' by Andrea Shalal-Esa

WASHINGTON —

It’s called the “death spiral,” and America’s newest warplane, the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, is in danger of falling into it before the plane has even gone into service.

The term - recently invoked by top brass involved in the F-35 program - refers to a budgeting Catch-22 that plagues the defense industry. To keep the cost per airplane low, you need to build and sell a lot of planes. But in tough economic times, governments cut orders to save money. That pushes up the cost per plane, leading to more cancellations, pushing up the cost, leading to more cancellations. And so on.

link

over here in Asia we calls it a 'bottom less cash pit'

and waaay back then :

USA pegs value of Japanese F-35 deal at $10 billion

The USA has assessed the proposed sale of 42 Lockheed Martin F-35A fighter aircraft to Japan at $10 billion.

In a notification to Congress, the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency outlined the details of the proposed Foreign Military Sales (FMS) deal. The package covers an initial four F-35s and an option to purchase 38 additional aircraft.

At $10 billion, the deal values each aircraft at roughly $238 million, although this number includes a lifetime of support.

While Japan has long desired a stealth fighter - it mounted a long but ultimately futile quest to obtain the Lockheed F-22 - it warned in February that cost rises associated with the F-35 could result in it cancelling its planned order

link

screaming cash cows and cut down money cash trees ?

what do they do when the budget spending out paces the sales numbers?

• Like 3

an Internal tit for tat ?

link

no sale approval ... you get budget cuts

That has nothing to do with the current and dire financial situation of our military, and the F-35 is not even in current operational status with the military. A friend of mine works on the F-35 program in Fort Worth.

If you tune into the military channel right now, you will hear what I have been asserting for many, many months. Facts, evidence and interviews with military personnel, including the NEADS commander, an F-15 pilot, ATC personnel, NYFD personnel, airline employees, and civilians who were involved, are now be revealed in a documentary currently on TV. Communication tapes are currently being played in the documentary, and those tapes are debunking the mass disiinformation that 911 Truthers have been spewing for years. As I have been saying for months, 911 Truthers and their websites cannot be taken seriously. Voices of the hijackers in the cockpits are being played back as well.

How long have I been conveying the message that what they have claimed does not occur in the real world of aviation? How long have I been saying that 911 Truthers have been watching too many Hollywood movies? How long have I been saying that 911 Truthers have been spewing disinformation, misinformation, and in some cases, outright lies?

In addition:

Iraq, Afghanistan Wars Will Cost United States 4-6 Trillion Dollars

Costs to U.S. taxpayers of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan will run between four and six trillion dollars, making them the most expensive conflicts in U.S. history, according to a new report by a prominent Harvard University researcher.

http://www.nationofc...lars-1364738329

Estimated cost of post-9/11 wars: 225,000 lives, up to $4 trillion

The cost of wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Pakistan are estimated at 225,000 lives and up to $4 trillion in U.S. spending, in a new report by scholars with the Eisenhower Research Project at Brown University’s Watson Institute for International Studies. The group’s “Costs of War” project has released new figures for a range of human and economic costs associated with the U.S. military response to the 9/11 attacks.

http://news.brown.ed...011/06/warcosts

One 9/11 Tally: $3.3 Trillion

Al Qaeda spent roughly half a million dollars to destroy the World Trade Center and cripple the Pentagon. What has been the cost to the United States? In a survey of estimates by The New York Times, the answer is $3.3 trillion, or about $7 million for every dollar Al Qaeda spent planning and executing the attacks.

While not all of the costs have been borne by the government — and some are still to come — this total equals one-fifth of the current national debt. All figures are shown in today’s dollars.

http://www.nytimes.c...aphic.html?_r=0

Edited by skyeagle409

really? heavens. the UK govt a few years ago, under Gord Brown, considered doing that to the Red Arrows, but common sense prevailed.

Clearly the current Administration knows nothing at all about the value of public relations and public goodwill, which he might perhaps need considering all the various military threats he faces, or he says he does.

really? heavens. the UK govt a few years ago, under Gord Brown, considered doing that to the Red Arrows, but common sense prevailed.

Clearly the current Administration knows nothing at all about the value of public relations and public goodwill, which he might perhaps need considering all the various military threats he faces, or he says he does.

There's much more to that story. When you have aircrews who can't replaced their flight suits because the Air Force is broke, that is very significant. When you have cutbacks in training and flight operations, that is significant. When one third of the Air Force's aircraft is grounded for lack of money, that is very significant to say the least.Some squadrons have run out of money for this month and that is very significant and I've only touched the surface lightly in that regard.

Air Force Secretary Michael Donley told an audience at the Air Force Association's Air Warfare Symposium in Orlando this past Friday that the majority of the USAF's fighter and bomber wings will run out money to keep flying by mid-May, and that is very, very significant because October is a long way off.

So once again, the United States did not profit from the 911 attacks by any means.

Edited by skyeagle409

~snip

So once again, the United States did not profit from the 911 attacks by any means.

No offense but you are military ... you are trained to see that and only that ... I didn't know then but I now I know

~salute~

It's like you discussing shooting someone with someone representing some religious establishment ...

it doesn't really ends up anywhere near where you or that someone wants. :yes:

• Like 2

No offense but you are military ... you are trained to see that and only that ... I didn't know then but I now I know

~salute~

It's like you discussing shooting someone with someone representing some religious establishment ...

Thats very true ,im glad the military budget is being consolidated for want of a better word, maybe if governments spent less on the military and exploring new ways to maim and kill people, and actually spent the tax money they collect from the people and used it for the people ,the world might be a nicer place.

sky , im still researching one of your posts from 10 pages ago, and it's led me down the masses of compensation being paid out to the Vietnam veterans and the population of Vietnam, The use of Agent Orange is coming back to haunt the Government and you should have a look at the cancer hot spots in America around the makers of Agent Orange "DOW CHEMICALS" factories , i live pretty close to a DOW CHEMICAL'S plant here in the UK so it was a real eyebrow raiser thats for sure.

The reason i mention this is because of the massive compensation claim their is going to be in Iraq, i mean how much do you pay the parents who give birth to a deformed baby because someone choose to put depleted uranium in their missiles.

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

Thats very true ,im glad the military budget is being consolidated for want of a better word, maybe if governments spent less on the military and exploring new ways to maim and kill people, and actually spent the tax money they collect from the people and used it for the people ,the world might be a nicer place.

right. And what do you suppose the probability is that the U.S. govt. is planning on using whatever it may save, or say that it's saving, in the Military budget, on doing things to make the world a nicer place?

right. And what do you suppose the probability is that the U.S. govt. is planning on using whatever it may save, or say that it's saving, in the Military budget, on doing things to make the world a nicer place?

regardless and with all due respect Colonel ... they're not doing too good a job at it, a bang up job I must admit but .... don't you see ?

Not all the paranoia is of the unreasonable sort ... most sees the 'collateral damage' over there as just moving pictures on the TV news screen, to others every dead body, is someones child, sibling, parent, grand parent, family, loved one, kindred, fellow man and woman.

Defenseless against the might of a mighty war machine driven instruments of death.

All they ever wanted over there was to be left alone and be free to choose their choice of life.

By empowering their enemies they make martyrs of the wicked.

What did the people of Afghanistan do as a whole did to deserve this ?

What did the people of Iraq do as a whole did to deserve this ?

What did the people of Cuba do as a whole did to deserve this ?

What did the people of Korea do as a whole did to deserve this ?

What did the people of the Soviet Union do as a whole did to deserve that ?

What did the people of Japan do as a whole did to deserve that ?

What did the people of Vietnam do as a whole did to deserve that ?

By empowering the enemies, making them manifestations of evil, they make martyrs of the wicked.

What did the people of the world did to deserve this ?

~edit : sticky situation

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 2

sky , im still researching one of your posts from 10 pages ago, and it's led me down the masses of compensation being paid out to the Vietnam veterans and the population of Vietnam, The use of Agent Orange is coming back to haunt the Government and you should have a look at the cancer hot spots in America around the makers of Agent Orange "DOW CHEMICALS" factories , i live pretty close to a DOW CHEMICAL'S plant here in the UK so it was a real eyebrow raiser thats for sure.

The reason i mention this is because of the massive compensation claim their is going to be in Iraq, i mean how much do you pay the parents who give birth to a deformed baby because someone choose to put depleted uranium in their missiles.

The hazard of DU is not its radiation. In fact, there have been commercial uses for DU.

.Depleted Uranium Is Used in Golf Clubs—and It's Legal!

The uses and markets for depleted uranium (DU) are fairly limited and are typically unrelated to its radioactive properties. It primarily finds application as ballast in commercial aircraft and ships because of its high density and in the manufacture of pigments and glazes. Other relatively minor consumer product uses include incorporation into dental porcelain used for false teeth to simulate the fluorescence of natural teeth and in uranium-bearing reagents used in chemistry laboratories.

Because of its high density and high atomic number, depleted uranium is sometimes used for shielding gamma radiation, but such usage is limited and hardly could be considered a consumer use. Ditto for munitions, where depleted uranium is used for penetrating rounds, again, hardly a consumer use.

http://hps.org/publi.../ate/q1234.html

http://www.gaia-heal...-crockery.shtml

In Iraq, Saddam planted millions of landmines, many which remain today.

Iraq

It’s estimated that more than 25 percent of all the unexploded land mines in the world lay in Iraqi soil, according to the Iraqi environment ministry. The sum of land mines is more than 20 million scattered across the country’s war-torn terrain.

Many land mines were buried to quell the Kurdish uprising in the 1960s. Millions more were set along the border during the disastrous Iran-Iraq war. Dictator Saddam Hussein planted millions of land mines during the first Gulf War in 1991, and more millions were set before the US coalition removed Hussein in 2003. These mines were planted haphazardly, especially in the rich oil region, and no maps exist to show where they are planted. The total area affected is nearly 700 square miles with a population of more than 1.6 million people.

Kamal Hussein, a deputy environment minister, said the land mine issue hobbles the Iraqi economy and health. Two people per week are killed or injured. Nearly 70,000 Iraqis have had limbs amputated due to UOX accidents, according to the Marine Corps Times. The Iraqis, like the Laotians, also suffer from unexploded cluster bomb accidents.

http://www.ebestprod...dmine-problems/

And, let's not forget Halabja where Saddam used chemical weapons in Iraq against the Kurds.

Halabja massacre's 5,000 victims commemorated in 25th anniversary

Thousands of Kurds joined commemorations for the 25th anniversary of the Halabja massacre in northern Iraq on March 16.

The Halabja gas attack was the deadliest offensive within the al-Anfal campaign of Saddam Hussein's Iraqi government that targeted the Kurdish population. Nearly 5,000 people died in what is thought to be the world's deadliest-ever chemical attack against civilians. Three quarters of the victims were women and children.

http://www.hurriyetd...D=238&nid=43099

http://www.upi.com/T...99381363624036/

Edited by skyeagle409

In Iraq, Saddam planted millions of landmines, many which remain today.

And, let's not forget Halabja where Saddam used chemical weapons in Iraq against the Kurds.

and who sold these weapons to these people,their the ones that profit from war nobody else !

• Like 1

What did the people of Afghanistan do as a whole did to deserve this ?

Could it be that the Taliban's refusal to turn over Osama bin Laden have anything to do with the United States being in Afghanistan? I might add that the Taliban and al-Qaeda have committed a number of atrocities against civilians in Afghanistan

What did the people of Iraq do as a whole did to deserve this ?

You have to remember, the millions of landmines were planted by Saddam Hussein which killed and injured many people and you have to remember that Saddam used chemical weapons against the Kurds, which killed thousands. I might also add that Saddam invaded Kuwait and committed atrocities there and threatened to invade his neighbors, but thanks to the United States, his vision of invading his neighbors was not realized.

and who sold these weapons to these people,their the ones that profit from war nobody else !

The Soviet Union, France, Singapore, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Austria, Luxembourg, Egypt, and India.

Edited by skyeagle409

No offense but you are military ... you are trained to see that and only that ... I didn't know then but I now I know.

I am retired now, but still in contact with those in the military. They are financially broke!

You will find that those who hate war, are those in the military.

The Soviet Union, France, Singapore, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Austria, Luxembourg, Egypt, and India.

and the UK ,and thats why princes Diana made the land mine issue her top priority.

and here is a history lesson the last 20 minutes are particularly unpleasant.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29FnYuzz2d8[/media]

This documentary film goes in detail through the untold history of The Project for the New American Century with tons of archival footage and connects it right into the present.

It exposes how every major war in US history was based on a complete fraud with video of insiders themselves admitting it. This film shows how the first film theaters in the US were used over a hundred years ago to broadcast propaganda to rile the American people into the Spanish-American War.

This film shows the white papers of the oil company Unocal which called for the creation of a pipeline through Afghanistan and how their exact needs were fulfilled through the US invasion of Afghanistan.

This documentary shows how Halliburton under their "cost plus" exclusive contract with the US Government went on a mad dash spending spree akin to something out of the movie Brewster's Millions, yet instead of blowing $30 million they blew through BILLIONS by literally burning millions of dollars worth of hundred thousand dollar cars and trucks if they had so much as a flat tire.

While Massimo Mazzucco's first political documentary, GLOBAL DECEIT (2006), focused on the long list of inconsistencies in the official version of the 9/11 attacks, THE NEW AMERICAN CENTURY explores the historical, philosophical and economic background that suggests a matrix for such events that is much closer to home than the so-called "Islamic terrorism". The film provides solid evidence for the true reasons behind the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, whose unfolding is described in chilling detail in a document called "Project for the New American Century", published in the year 2000, that seems to have served as the actual blueprint for such dramatic events

• Like 3