Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Budget 2013: The Key Points

Commander CMG

Will it be darker times to come for us… I just don’t trust someone that looks like they have been pulled out of a Happy Meal box… I hate that smug smirk he wears!!

The main announcements in the Chancellor George Osborne's 2013 Budget as they are outlined to MPs in the Commons.

Source

Edited by xsas

I just don’t trust someone that looks like they have been pulled out of a Happy Meal box… I hate that smug smirk he wears!!

I don't trust any of the government, they are all corrupt, greedy and selfish. They look out for their own, not the country.

• Like 3

we needed a strong message sent out from the budget, but we got the same old. the one thing that effects every single one of us is fuel duty. and pushes up inflation/cost of living. why doesnt the government reduce the fuel tax by 50p that would see us back below £1 pound a litre. which we last seen in early 2001. if it doesnt work, the government simplyincreases borrowing something they currently do to cover the loss, but if it works and gives the economy a boost then we've lost nothing and gained everything.

Edited by stevewinn

I don't know why people moan about a £144 a week pension. Not only would you get this, but your council tax would be paid for you and so would your rent/mortgage via housing benefit. That's if you even have rent or a mortgage by that age. If you do, your life's gone wrong somewhere.

So over £580 a month to simply feed and heat yourself. A lot of people who work don't have anywhere near that left over after rent/council tax/PAYE tax - and that's before we think of those with families. Granted, it wouldn't be a life of luxury, but at the same time it's a far cry from poverty.

Unless I'm completely missing something?

• Like 1

Will it be darker times to come for us… I just don’t trust someone that looks like they have been pulled out of a Happy Meal box… I hate that smug smirk he wears!!

Source

Give me George Osborne over Ed Balls anyday. The public trust the Conservaties to run the economy more than they trust Labour. And it's not Osborne who has the irritating smirk. It's Balls.

This was a good budget.

600,000 new jobs are to be created next year. 1p has been taken off the price of a pint of beer and the 6p tax hike has been axed. September's planned rise in fuel duty has been scrapped. Corporation tax (the tax that businesses have to pay) is to be reduced by a further 1% to just 20%, meaning that Britain has the lowest rate of corporation tax of all the major economies (in the US it's 40%) and this should attract foreign companies to Britain. Whitehall budgets are to be cut by 1% and the public sector pay cap of 1% is to be extended for a further year. The deficit has been cut to 7.4% of GDP this year, compared to 11.2% in 2009/10. Spending on infrastructure is to be boosted by £3 billion a year in 2015 Firms are to be offered a £2,000 cut in their total national insurance bill, which the Government hopes will encourage small companies to take on extra staff.

One bad point which stands out in this Budget is that Britain will this year meet its pledge to spend 0.7 per cent of its GDP on foreign aid, despite having to make cuts elsewhere.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 1

Give me George Osborne over Ed Balls anyday. The public trust the Conservaties to run the economy more than they trust Labour. And it's not Osborne who has the irritating smirk. It's Balls.

This was a good budget.

600,000 new jobs are to be created next year. 1p has been taken off the price of a pint of beer and the 6p tax hike has been axed. September's planned rise in fuel duty has been scrapped. Corporation tax (the tax that businesses have to pay) is to be reduced by a further 1% to just 20%, meaning that Britain has the lowest rate of corporation tax of all the major economies (in the US it's 40%) and this should attract foreign companies to Britain. Whitehall budgets are to be cut by 1% and the public sector pay cap of 1% is to be extended for a further year. The deficit has been cut to 7.4% of GDP this year, compared to 11.2% in 2009/10. Spending on infrastructure is to be boosted by £3 billion a year in 2015 Firms are to be offered a £2,000 cut in their total national insurance bill, which the Government hopes will encourage small companies to take on extra staff.

One bad point which stands out in this Budget is that Britain will this year meet its pledge to spend 0.7 per cent of its GDP on foreign aid, despite having to make cuts elsewhere.

and to add, raised the tax allowance to £10,000. which is welcomed.

This was a good budget.

You missed this..

Debt as a share of GDP to increase from 75.9% this year to 85.6% in 2016-17

You also missed that many of these measures do not come into effect for 2 years (after the next General Election).

That of the 600,000 new jobs "thought" to be created next year, it will only lead to 60,000 reduction in JSA Claimants, and lets not forget that the floodgates of immigration for Rumania and Bulgaria open in just 9 months with no firm measures in place to prevent them from flooding the country with NHS Claims, Housing Claims, Child Support claims etc etc Which will blow all of the projections out of the water. So my projection is for a massive increase in JSA claimants next year

Cloud Cuckoo Land is a nice place to live, where Politicians are Honest....IMO

ps when I left the UK, Corporation Tax (that I paid) was actually just 19%

Edited by keithisco

I don't trust any of the government, they are all corrupt, greedy and selfish. They look out for their own, not the country.

Took the word's right out of my mouth.......

• Like 1

personally, I prefer the motorhead approach to tackling the debt problem with their wonderful 'eat the rich' policy.

lemmy kilmister for prime minister!!

:-)

1p has been taken off the price of a pint of beer

One whole penny?

Woohoo!!!

Let's get shitfaced!

SmileyDrunk.gif

One whole penny?

Woohoo!!!

Let's get shitfaced!

SmileyDrunk.gif

If you drink 30 pints of beer a week (and my mate next door drinks a lot more than that), it means that with 1p knocked off the price of a pint it will save you almost £16 a year.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun