Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

*snicker* ... that sounds like something that I'd do only in reverse - a skeptic going in and acting like an FTB, making more and more utterly fantastic - and unverifiable - claims to get them all fired up.

While I usually pay some attention to the spill chucker, sometimes I ignore it and hit the "Post" button despite all the Oopsie underlines.

Well I figure what I lack in knowledge I can try and make up in spelling things correctly :tu:

• Like 1

Well I figure what I lack in knowledge I can try and make up in spelling things correctly :tu:

Has your phone got auto correct? (theres an entire website devoted to GENUINE auto-correct fails)

drunk1.jpg?1365163734

http://www.autocorrectfail.org/

haha I love reading them!

• Like 4

Has your phone got auto correct? (theres an entire website devoted to GENUINE auto-correct fails)

drunk1.jpg?1365163734

I have a Nexus 7. Fortunately I haven't had any errors even close to those types....I may type faster than I think but I triple check the words it selects.....most of the time!
  • Like 1

I have a Nexus 7. Fortunately I haven't had any errors even close to those types....I may type faster than I think but I triple check the words it selects.....most of the time!

hehe... I make endless typos all the trime, and most of my posts get edited. Plus my fingers tend to hit 2 keys at the same time so I get a word5 like that with a number in it!

Bookmarked ... after I got back in the chair after falling off of it laughing assorted anatomical pieces off.

• Like 1

Bookmarked ... after I got back in the chair after falling off of it laughing assorted anatomical pieces off.

:tu: see page 2, last post but one re the grandma.... eww! :w00t:

And these are all, allegedly - totally genuine! Dont see why not really, I do exact same with my phone! (except post it online of course!)

I like on page 7: "I just accepted Jesus so I have to fart."

:unsure2:

One of the few that can be quoted on here.

• Like 1

I like on page 7: "I just accepted Jesus so I have to fart."

:unsure2:

One of the few that can be quoted on here.

yeh youre right about that, I wasnt even sure if the pic I posted was 'safe' enough... still, nice to have a giggle and break from alienenz!!

Or through some really good recreational drugs.

Really really really good ones then......

It is a thought indeed!! I jacked in the FB after just 2 years. Not only have I got a cranky brother who would write stuff on my wall that was...shall we just say very negative...(family crap), but I just found it weird to be honest, strangers trying to friend me just coz I knew one of their friends, seeing couples talk to each other on FB when they lived in the same damn house... very odd, seeing people post a pic of their dinner and everyone else liking it...weirder still.....and then a mate posted one night... "Isnt FB crap tonight?"....and Im thinking WTF? Its not a bloody nightclub is it? And then a GF would insist I changed my relationship status to being in a relationship, which usually peed off all my other GF's.... ahh...I dunno.. it has its uses I guess. But so does email, text and phone calls

I still have FB, then again I do work a lot with musicians in my spare time and since they love using it for promotion of their bands, I have at least some use to it. Also I have warned family and friends that the first one bringing private stuff into the virtual arena, will get a real life boot up their rear end. This threat has worked ok so far. As to the food pics and such, I just tend to ignore those, since people tend to be silly about these things.

• Like 1

See I didn't know that about the AC being "the victor" after this many years. You learn something new every day.

Europe was smart and jumped on the AC bandwagon early on. There were a few holdouts - Finland I think had one or two DC installations going up to around 1960 - but for the most part 220v, 50 Hz became more or less standard fairly soon. It took the US a while longer to catch on but things changed with the generators were installed at Niagara Falls. They were AC and the results pretty much shot Edison and General Electric down in flames. Long haul power transmission was possible which DC couldn't do and before long even GE abandoned Edison and started making AC generators. There were still holdouts as mentioned previously but, in the long run, Edison lost.

Don't we learn a lot on this thread, even if not always very much of it is to do with ancient Aliens. And frankly I for one am grateful for that, as it's a lot more informative than interminable Walls.

• Like 5

I have been asked not to read that site when people are trying to sleep. Apparently my laughing tends to wake them up and they get grouchy about that. Nothing worse than a grouchy old vet.

• Like 2

Don't we learn a lot on this thread, even if not always very much of it is to do with ancient Aliens. And frankly I for one am grateful for that, as it's a lot more informative than interminable Walls.

:tu: Indeedy! A place for the like minded to hang out and chew whatever fat there is !!

Hope your doing well Kludge808 ! Good to see you posting ! Have you Seen what a Fire and a bit of Fertilizer can do for your day in Texas?

Europe was smart and jumped on the AC bandwagon early on. There were a few holdouts - Finland I think had one or two DC installations going up to around 1960 - but for the most part 220v, 50 Hz became more or less standard fairly soon. It took the US a while longer to catch on but things changed with the generators were installed at Niagara Falls. They were AC and the results pretty much shot Edison and General Electric down in flames. Long haul power transmission was possible which DC couldn't do and before long even GE abandoned Edison and started making AC generators. There were still holdouts as mentioned previously but, in the long run, Edison lost.

Well Finland has allways been a bit peculiar....Don't get me wrong, some of me best mates are Finns, but those 6 months of night do something with your head.....

• Like 3

and I'm back :) been out of contact for a bit.. been busy working at a new mine.. what have i missed?

and seeder your going to burn in the christian hell for this thread :D

though I have noticed a couple of sitchin based posts.. I have a very days of our lives feeling here.. miss a few months and come back to the same story..

• Like 3

and I'm back :) been out of contact for a bit.. been busy working at a new mine.. what have i missed?

and seeder your going to burn in the christian hell for this thread :D

though I have noticed a couple of sitchin based posts.. I have a very days of our lives feeling here.. miss a few months and come back to the same story..

welcome back matey! Yeh well he got the other thread closed, thankfully, then he started 2 more which both went tits-up within hours and got closed too, I guess the moral of that story was....no-one cares about shiney rocks with holes in them!

Ive been over on the cospiracy side for a few days on the Boston Bombing, (unusual for me to be in such weird and paranoid places) and found a few zosers over there too.... :no: ... I

• Like 1

Ive been over on the cospiracy side for a few days on the Boston Bombing, (unusual for me to be in such weird and paranoid places) and found a few zosers over there too.... :no: ... I

Huh? People think ancient alien brick layers were involved? Whoa, what a concept!

• Like 1

Huh? People think ancient alien brick layers were involved? Whoa, what a concept!

hehe I like kludge!! :tu:

maybe dip your toes in?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=246333&pid=4748293&st=1860entry4748293

Not quite, its just the typical/usual...'the govt is really bombing its citizens just to create new laws" trash... :yes:

Like the govt even has to bomb people to chnage laws!! . The whole of the UK erupted with the introduction of the poll tax scheme...think about that, mass riots and rallies showing how the people felt - and did it chnage a thing? Nope, the poll tax was renamed and is part of law now that can jail you for not paying, and rather quickly too

Oh Boy as if AA'ers wasnt enough, Im now involved with conspiracies... :w00t: My life/posts are turning into an x file

Edited by seeder

Hope your doing well Kludge808 ! Good to see you posting ! Have you Seen what a Fire and a bit of Fertilizer can do for your day in Texas?

Yeah, I read about the fireworks. OTOH, Texas City still has West beat by a long shot. I speak of the 1947 explosion of ... yep, nitrates. Two ships worth of it. Wheee!

I'm kinda in and out. My pooter has been giving me fits and I had to create a new five partition HD to replace the old one which was failing. It's still not quite right but at least I'm operational again. More or less.

• Like 1