Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mtn. lion snatches dog being walked on leash

Still Waters

Colorado Parks and Wildlife has euthanized a mountain lion that grabbed a Dachshund from the end of its owner's leash and subsequently killed and ate it.

The terrifying incident happened last Wednesday on Broadlake View in a gated foothills community near The Broadmoor. "The mountain lion came out from some bushes that are in close proximity to the street that he was walking on, grabbed the Dachshund, and tucked and pulled hard enough to yank the leash out of his hand," explained Michael Seraphin, spokesman for Colorado Parks and Wildlife.

http://www.koaa.com/...ar-broadmoor/#_

http://www.dailymail...s-DOG-walk.html

I feel sorry for all involved. Dog got eaten, human lost his pet, and the mountain lion was only doing what it needed to survive. I'm sure domestic animals taste better than vermin.

• Like 2

People want to live in the wild but they don't want deal with the wildlife. Coyotes were taking dogs off leaches in a golf course community here, but they just told people to be careful when they walk their dogs. People in another community are having bear problems. They tell them to keep the trash inside, but some idiot on TV was yelling something needs to be done. My thought was if you don't like the wildlife move into the city.

• Like 5

People want to live in the wild but they don't want deal with the wildlife. Coyotes were taking dogs off leaches in a golf course community here, but they just told people to be careful when they walk their dogs. People in another community are having bear problems. They tell them to keep the trash inside, but some idiot on TV was yelling something needs to be done. My thought was if you don't like the wildlife move into the city.

I couldn't agree with you more! We enjoy all kinds of wildlife where we live and we adapt to them instead of trying to eradicate them.

Lake Tahoe....

Bears...

Strike 1, digging in garbage.....Captured, tagged, re-located.

Strike 2. Tagged bear found in neighborhoods....Killed...Has happened numerous times now.

Sucks.......

• Like 1

This kind of thing infuriates me. The rich around here spend tons of money to build in the foothills then get angry when the moose, elk and deer migrate down from the high mountains for the winter and eat their roses. They cant seem to comprehend wild animals cant shop at the grocery store.

They also cant grasp the concept of wildfires in wild lands burning down their mansions every few years. But they do understand the concept of government disaster aid giving them money to rebuild.

• Like 1

This kind of thing infuriates me. The rich around here spend tons of money to build in the foothills then get angry when the moose, elk and deer migrate down from the high mountains for the winter and eat their roses. They cant seem to comprehend wild animals cant shop at the grocery store.

They also cant grasp the concept of wildfires in wild lands burning down their mansions every few years. But they do understand the concept of government disaster aid giving them money to rebuild.

:nw::nw::nw::nw::nw:

I think it's pretty sad the mountain lion was eutanized. Surely they could have moved it to another area or just scared it off, something other than that.