Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead in a Dream

markprice

So in the dream--it was pretty lucid--I knocked on a door then some guy approached from outside who suprisingly shot me twice with his .22. Both bullets went into my right side so I ran away...running with my dogs trying to get home...but I had to lay down and I actually died there in that dream.

Anyone else ever wake up dead in a dream?

• Like 2

Yes. I was trying to tread water in a very deep harbour but had lost all my strength ...... couldn't swim, was struggling to keep my head above water. I was absolutely panic-stricken as I began to sink. I drowned, I knew I was dead but I suddenly felt relaxed and happy and then discovered that I could have a new 'life', 'living' underwater! Brilliant! :lol:

• Like 3

I was in a car wreck in a dream once then found myself outside of the wreck, but in the dream I knew I was dead in the car. It was not a pleasent feeling. Mostly because I thought I would have to leave my kids.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

Almost. I thought I was about to die in a dream once. I felt the pain, panic and struggle of trying to breathe and my body shutting down. I almost woke myself up but suddenly became lucid and stuck with the dream. I went totally unconscious instead. Everything went black for a little while and there was just "nothing"...but I was still aware and alert. Then I came to in the dream and woke up shortly afterwards.

• Like 1

Many time. But after dead, I'm "revived" in another scene and feeling the joy that I'm immortal.

• Like 1

No. Your supposed to wake up before you die in a Dream. I recently came up with a theory regarding this. You know how some people die in there Sleep, supposedly of "Natural Causes" right? Well my theory is when you die in your dream you die in real life. Which is why you are Supposed to wake up before you die.

yesterday i dreamt i was dead inside a metal coffin but i had a small opening to see outside. I know i dont sound dead, but in the context of tthe dream, in my mind, I was dead for some reason.

No. Your supposed to wake up before you die in a Dream. I recently came up with a theory regarding this. You know how some people die in there Sleep, supposedly of "Natural Causes" right? Well my theory is when you die in your dream you die in real life. Which is why you are Supposed to wake up before you die.

Reminds me of Nightmare on Elm st. where kids are murdered in dreams. It looks like a few people survived death in a dream though. I knew I would die because there was nobody around to save me. I couldn't go another step; as I died the last thing I saw was my dog running along...

You just know you're dead then wake up slowly, without fear, but then soon scared that something like that might happen in the future. I've never seen that door before but I would recognize it if I ever see it.

I played around with that theory when I was about 17. I first tested it on my friends though. I went lucid one night and slit a friends throat to test if it would kill him in real life. It didn't. Then I thought I'd test it on myself so I went lucid another night and shot myself in the head(this was around the same age so not the dream the other night). All that happened was that my body fell but I was like a ghost sitting there. I keep playing around with this theory though.

Anyway I've had a couple of interesting death dreams but I think this one is best suited to the question.

17th September 2011

I dreamt last night I was in a desert looking place and was trying to escape a group of people. I took a left turn hoping to lose the main one following me but instead came to a dead end. I looked around and saw a very tiny gap in the corner of a fence that was above about a meter and a half wall so I slipped through it. The lady who was after me went down that way as well and I was laying down trying to not be seen. Somehow I was caught and taken back to the group and they were like mutant looking(well the main older guy anyway). They were cannibal and he was going to eat me. I forget parts of the dream and so this is only a ruff telling but I was at first trying to talk my way out of it but he was pretty set in his ways. So I accepted it and said to him to at least kill me quickly. I had placed my hands in an almost prayer position when I asked him this and had accepted my fate.

He reached over the pulled out a chunk from my left ear(or it was my left ear I'm not sure but I knew I was dying.

Next thing I know is I am laying down in my old car(my first car in the back of it/ a panel van)and I am just a body that has been left there. I have no skin and so am just red meaty looking and am covered with flies. Flies were all on the roof of the car as well and just everywhere and I cant move or anything because I am dead and rotting.

Then someone opened the back door to the panel van and all these bees rush in and start killing the flies. The flies tried to escape and flew up into the sky but the bees followed them and they made a big dark swarm that spiralled upwards. When this happened I became the bees and it was like I was one of them but also all of them. We were stinging the flies but our stings were not coming off because the flies were small. So all the flies were dying and us bees were going to kill everyone of them. It was like my bees had come to collect me and take revenge.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 2

So in the dream--it was pretty lucid--I knocked on a door then some guy approached from outside who suprisingly shot me twice with his .22. Both bullets went into my right side so I ran away...running with my dogs trying to get home...but I had to lay down and I actually died there in that dream.

Anyone else ever wake up dead in a dream

Yes, same scenario, gun to the head. It was in slomo and I could feel the intense heat of the bullet as it traveled through my head. I was aware that it was the end and everything went black before I woke up in cold sweat.

Another dream I was poisoned and paralyzed and very aware that I was dying and there was nothing I could do about it. Once again everything went black but this time I was aware for a few seconds longer where I was able to say to my self, there is nothing. Then I faded out into black and woke up in peace.

• Like 1

dreams can be freaky at times but yeah ived dreamed ive died several times and lived both hard to say what any of it means if it realy means any thing at all ive always just counted it off as haveing an acid flashback lol

Every time i died in a dream ( off the top of my head i can think of two times) , i would switch from first person to third person just as it happened, usually waking up within a second or two after it happens.( the first time i was eaten by a nightmare spider the second time i was shot )

Edited by mysticwerewolf

It seems strange to me that posters here are equating dying in a dream with dying in 'real life'. I've mainly thought of death in a dream as purely symbolic or, rarely, a premonition.

It seems strange to me that posters here are equating dying in a dream with dying in 'real life'. I've mainly thought of death in a dream as purely symbolic or, rarely, a premonition.

I heard that nobody ever dies in dreams. I don't know who told me that but they were obviously wrong. Death in a dream is probably the most severe form of symbolism imaginable.

Dreams are very personal and similar dream themes can mean completely different things to each individual. Depends on the person and what's going on in their lives and what they believe in. it's all relative.

• Like 1

I agree.

How does it even make sense to say?

I mean- how would the Medical Examiner be able to tell?

I remember, years ago, dreaming that I fell a long way to my death after struggling to hang onto a crumbling old medieval tower.

First person perspective.

Felt the butterflies, the approaching panic and not so much an impact but rather a forced ejection from my mangled body.

Thinking: 'That wasn't so bad...', I flew into the night.

So yeah, that was a very symbolic dream reflecting a point in my life I was dreading but really was a huge relief once it was all over.

I agree.

How does it even make sense to say?

I mean- how would the Medical Examiner be able to tell?

I remember, years ago, dreaming that I fell a long way to my death after struggling to hang onto a crumbling old medieval tower.

First person perspective.

Felt the butterflies, the approaching panic and not so much an impact but rather a forced ejection from my mangled body.

Thinking: 'That wasn't so bad...', I flew into the night.

So yeah, that was a very symbolic dream reflecting a point in my life I was dreading but really was a huge relief once it was all over.

Yes, I think your subconscious, through dreaming, pushes you through something you are so frightened of you can't even begin to contemplate it ...... and safely out the other side(usually to something better). It just points out to you that there is more than likely something good and positive on the other side of that 'brick wall'.

Edited by ouija ouija

Hi Mark, I think that the man with a gun is emerged from an archetype. Seems to be pretty common. Remember I asked you in PM if you saw any dreams associated with death during shadow activity? Maybe such dreams were meant to persuade you for your journey. What is your theory BTW?

I never die in my dreams. If there is any dream related to death or destruction, usually I'm the one hunting others but if someone/something is about to overpower me I just sort of "teleport" to some other place.

I played around with that theory when I was about 17. I first tested it on my friends though. I went lucid one night and slit a friends throat to test if it would kill him in real life.

I saw in a lucid dream my friend being attacked by a grim dog and his throat lacerated and bleeding profusely, next day he told me of being attacked by a grim dog in his sleep at the same time, he got very minor injuries to his throat in real life. I believe that the so called "repercussion" is possible but the effect on the physical may not be as much as seen on the astral counterpart.

I died a few times and I usually wake up upon dying.

Once I was chopped up by an axe and I floated out my body and watch what was being done with my body parts for a few mins before waking.

In another I was in a truck outside a house and I got out and enter the house but rememeber trying not to be seen, though the people inside "corner" me yet they didnt see me when they should of. I approach them but found they really could not see me. I then notice I was not even walking but floating in mid air. I panic and try to get out the house but unable to grasp any door or go thru any wall. I then found a window open and escape thru it and went back to my truck only to find my dead body in the driver seat.

Edited by A Shadow
  • Like 1

I was in a car wreck in a dream once then found myself outside of the wreck, but in the dream I knew I was dead in the car. It was not a pleasent feeling. Mostly because I thought I would have to leave my kids.

I had the same dream not too long ago.

I was driving fast in a car on the freeway, about to hit stopped traffic in front of me. I braced for the impact, but right before I hit my view switched from being inside the car, to in front of the car I was about to hit, looking back at the front of it. I watched that car crumple in, knowing my car had just hit it from behind. I think I thought how I had probably died. Then I woke up.

But while in most dreams I wake just after I probably died, or am just about to, I have also had a dream that continued after I died. In one, I had these small nuclear bombs in my pocket, and I was driving over a bridge trying to escape from someone chasing me from behind in their car. I wanted to get rid of the evidence of me having these bombs, so I threw them out of my car into the ocean below. A huge explosion ended up blowing up the bridge from underneath, and I fell toward the water. I was certain I was moments from death.

*flash*

I am now back in a store I was in earlier in the dream, with the person who was chasing me on the bridge (who surely also died when the bridge was destroyed). I knew we had died, but she didn't seem to know. I felt sad, then woke up.

Hi Mark, I think that the man with a gun is emerged from an archetype. Seems to be pretty common. Remember I asked you in PM if you saw any dreams associated with death during shadow activity? Maybe such dreams were meant to persuade you for your journey. What is your theory BTW?

Hi, yeah, man with a gun is probably a modern archetype by now. My theory, since this happened about a month before the blood-clot-paralysis emergency, is that it predicted the end of the road. I had to have a friend drive me out of there to another state for 16 days in a hospital...but the worry was that the guy/archetype might actually exist. Dreams during accelerated shadow activity are usually so merged with the activity that looking back it seems like one long nightmare. I'll go back in a few months and be very aware doors (another archetype).

• Like 1

I went lucid one night and slit a friends throat to test if it would kill him in real life. It didn't. Then I thought I'd test it on myself so I went lucid another night and shot myself in the head

5377538.jpg

5377538.jpg

Yes but it was in the name of science. I had heard about how people thought if you died in dreams you died in real life and I wanted to test it out. I wanted someone to test it out on first though and not myself. So when I went lucid I killed a friend and my girlfriend in the same dream. I woke up as I was walking up the stairs to kill her parents. I know that might sound nasty but I am like an explorer and I don't let taboo get in my way.

Anyway I might add another death dream which was like HDesiato's. I call it Unrequited Love. It's taken from my journal but its posted here somewhere too.

17th January 2012

I dreamt last night that I was back in time to WW2 I think and Nazi Germany was taking over the world. I forget most of the start of the dream but I was on a mission to take out the major communications building. It was well guarded and we snuck in at night time and placed bombs inside to level it. I forget most of it but then it was like I had come home from war but my ex wife(wife in the dream)started to love another man. I forget most of that part too but the main thing I remember was being on a very large boat and trying to push through the crowd of soldiers to lose her because she wanted to tell me something.

I thought I had lost her in the crowd but she found me and told me that she was going to marry this other guy. I felt very bad and turned away from all the soldiers that were going back to war and walked the other way away from everyone. I then climbed up onto the railing of the boat and dove into the black water below. I didnt cry in the dream or anything though I just did it very matter of fact kinda way. I didnt even really think about it. I just climbed up and dove into the black water to suicide.

When I hit the water because I had dived off from such a height I went very deep. I straight away breathed in the water because I wanted to make it quick and to not reach the surface but when I breathed in the water I found myself breathing. So I went lucid and knew I was dreaming. I started to swim around underwater for alittle but then swam to the surface and while I was swimming to the surface I got angry and chose to fly. So I flew up through the water and out and up into the sky and started to circle the boat. I was pretty angry so I flew through the boat like a ghost and I chose the most painful places to fly through. So I would see a jaggard piece of metal and would chose to fly through that as if to say well this will hurt me but it will not hurt me.

It made me feel very powerful and I did it many many times. Towards the end I would almost feel the pain of the metal but I didnt care and I just kept flying through the steel bars and sharp objects. There was alittle more to it but I forget.

I saw in a lucid dream my friend being attacked by a grim dog and his throat lacerated and bleeding profusely, next day he told me of being attacked by a grim dog in his sleep at the same time, he got very minor injuries to his throat in real life. I believe that the so called "repercussion" is possible but the effect on the physical may not be as much as seen on the astral counterpart.

I've had dreaming experiences too that seem to be connected with the physical world. I'm not sure how I would explain it though.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

I've had dreaming experiences too that seem to be connected with the physical world. I'm not sure how I would explain it though.

Still you have your experience with you, Kaz. Even my experiences tell me the same that there is some truth to this so called "repercussion" but I have also found that this concept is too much exaggerated and over-dramatized by modern authors that write about AP. I think most of them are frauds anyway or at least writing for self-promotion when the truth can easily be ignored.

Anyway I might add another death dream which was like HDesiato's. I call it Unrequited Love. It's taken from my journal but its posted here somewhere too.

17th January 2012

I dreamt last night that I was back in time to WW2 I think and Nazi Germany was taking over the world. I forget most of the start of the dream but I was on a mission to take out the major communications building. It was well guarded and we snuck in at night time and placed bombs inside to level it. I forget most of it but then it was like I had come home from war but my ex wife(wife in the dream)started to love another man. I forget most of that part too but the main thing I remember was being on a very large boat and trying to push through the crowd of soldiers to lose her because she wanted to tell me something.

I thought I had lost her in the crowd but she found me and told me that she was going to marry this other guy. I felt very bad and turned away from all the soldiers that were going back to war and walked the other way away from everyone. I then climbed up onto the railing of the boat and dove into the black water below. I didnt cry in the dream or anything though I just did it very matter of fact kinda way. I didnt even really think about it. I just climbed up and dove into the black water to suicide.

When I hit the water because I had dived off from such a height I went very deep. I straight away breathed in the water because I wanted to make it quick and to not reach the surface but when I breathed in the water I found myself breathing. So I went lucid and knew I was dreaming. I started to swim around underwater for alittle but then swam to the surface and while I was swimming to the surface I got angry and chose to fly. So I flew up through the water and out and up into the sky and started to circle the boat. I was pretty angry so I flew through the boat like a ghost and I chose the most painful places to fly through. So I would see a jaggard piece of metal and would chose to fly through that as if to say well this will hurt me but it will not hurt me.

It made me feel very powerful and I did it many many times. Towards the end I would almost feel the pain of the metal but I didnt care and I just kept flying through the steel bars and sharp objects. There was alittle more to it but I forget.

Cool. I'm glad that these stories are still yours. I think that you should get your stories copyrighted before they are all gone. ;)

Edited by XingWi