Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NK threatens strike on US airbases.

shrooma

That does not affect the point. Just because someone else does something stupid and wrong, it doesn't mean you should shove your military in their faces. That will jsut cause more trouble... Which it did.

Right. Instead we should just appease them because appeasement worked so well with Hitler.

• Like 4

SK and the US have been performing these exercises for a long time. NK just wants something to complain about. They have had their own military exercises with other countries not to mention nuclear testing. Its no secret they want to deliver a nuclear warhead to the US.

Russia Announces Joint Military Exercises With N. Korea

• Like 2

SK and the US have been performing these exercises for a long time. NK just wants something to complain about. They have had their own military exercises with other countries not to mention nuclear testing. Its no secret they want to deliver a nuclear warhead to the US.

Russia Announces Joint Military Exercises With N. Korea

You are proving my point further with that....

US and SK have been doing ti longer, so NK gets Russia to do it in retaliation. Why is nobody seeing this?! lol

Also

In this situation, discussions raged across the country on establishing a central bank for the Republic of Korea and Dr. A. I. Bloomfield, dispatched from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, drafted the Bank of Korea Act.
From Wikipedia

This is about banks and money I bet.

Right. Instead we should just appease them because appeasement worked so well with Hitler.

You are completely missing the point.

You are comparing a country that threatens nuke strikes, pretty much a gob***** and nothing more and Hitler, someone who put thousands in concentration camps because of their beliefs, religion, way of life, sexuality and physical/mental condition and tried to take over the world... Erm OK. Firstly NK does not have the funding to eve compare to Hitler.... Thank the Jewish American bankers for that one and the US came into it pretty late after trying not to enter to the war.

Hell they would have done it by now if they actually meant it, they do it for attention and to get their own way, do you really think they are stupid enough to actually Nuke the US? They would be obliterated in retaliation, or nuked first because their systems are nowhere near as hi-tech as the US's. Never heard of the boy who cried wolf?

North Korea is inviting for the South Koreans and USA to attack so it can retaliate for a just cause. I dont see SK or the US making threats to bomb NK and propaganda about their people

• Like 1

I don't know that the North Koreans are much interested in justice, just in appearances.

• Like 2

US and SK have been doing ti longer, so NK gets Russia to do it in retaliation. Why is nobody seeing this?! lol

Do you think militaries should not train? Are you kidding? Once again, let me point you to the fact that technically, the US and SK are at war with NK... and you're complaining that the US and SK are training together to fight a reignition of that war?

• Like 3

You are proving my point further with that....

Sorry but I don't see it that way. NK takes every opportunity to cause trouble and stir things up. The nut that runs that country would like nothing better than to nuke the US. I think we and SK should be prepared for them to follow through on one of their threats.

EDIT: As far as Russia they will be on anyone's side that is against the US.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 1

How can anyone support NK?

In this case it seems that they just hate US policy so much that they blindly support anyone who speaks out against American actions without letting little things like facts and reality get in their way.

On topic the Norks make their weekly threats to kill a bunch of people while everyone else just goes about their business and ignores them.

• Like 1

No, it doesn't seem fishy at all, They find explosive fragments all the time doing BDA's. I can assume that they would be able to find the torpedo fragments, knowing the location of the attack all they had to do was search the area.

~Thanato

they weren't fragments! It was a virtually complete torpedo, just lacking the warhead. Complete even down to the propellers & rudders, and the N. Korean markings helpfully chalked on it. We're expected to have believed that that had exploded with enough force to sink a Ship? No wonder they then changed their story to "well, er, this is one like it that we found earlier, just tos how you what it looks like ...." :blush:

How can anyone support NK?

nothing to do with supporting NK (the old "for us or against us, if you don't support us you support the Terrorists" argument), suspicion of sabre rattling and provocation wherever it comes from.

• Like 1

All I know is when China complains about NK, which it has, that tells me that NK leadership is a bunch of morons.

• Like 1

they weren't fragments! It was a virtually complete torpedo, just lacking the warhead. Complete even down to the propellers & rudders, and the N. Korean markings helpfully chalked on it. We're expected to have believed that that had exploded with enough force to sink a Ship? No wonder they then changed their story to "well, er, this is one like it that we found earlier, just tos how you what it looks like ...." :blush:

Todays warships are actually a lot easier to sink then you would think. They are no longer armored against shells. When Canada did a Sink Ex of a decommissioned destroyer they where surprised at how easy it sank. Yes it took a pounding, but mostly from Auto Cannon's. Now this ship that sank was not a destroyer it was a much smaller ship then that, and much newer.

Now, I am no expert on torpedoes etc. But from what my friend told me, who is much more of an expert in that area then I can assume most people posting here are. It's part of his job to know the effects of such weapons. I will agree with him that it was a torpedo.

~Thanato

• Like 1

The report concluded that the torpedo did not hit the ship but the explosion was close enough to sink it. Also this ship was lanuched in 1989

I certainly do not support NK, I support no government, they are all greedy, selfish and don't give a flying **** about the people of the countyr. They don't do their job, they are there for us not the other way around which is the way it has become. They jsut help their friends and **** on everyone else.

Do you think militaries should not train? Are you kidding? Once again, let me point you to the fact that technically, the US and SK are at war with NK... and you're complaining that the US and SK are training together to fight a reignition of that war?

You keep twisting everything I say... LOL

There is plenty of areas for them to train together. No need to do it in the face of someone they know it will wind up.

That's like giving a teaching position to a known pedophile....

Edited by Coffey

There is plenty of areas for them to train together. No need to do it in the face of someone they know it will wind up.

They have to do it there because the threat is there. Same anywhere

So what you are saying is that the Two Militaries should train in an area that they are not preparing to fight in? So that if the North Koreans (who do train in there country) attack they will have the advantage. Train to Fight and Fight to Train. If you are training to defend your country, you train in that terrain not some place else. Remember you don't want to give the upper hand to your enemy.

~Thanato

The report concluded that the torpedo did not hit the ship but the explosion was close enough to sink it. Also this ship was lanuched in 1989

... a tropedo which SK just conveniently managed to find...oops, sorry, no, they didn't find the actual one, but one like it ... which caused damage which could equally have been caused by a Mine. Really, you might almost think that some elements in the SK military wanted a war, to the extent of planting evidence. But they'd never do that, surely, peace loving as they are. :innocent:

They have to do it there because the threat is there. Same anywhere

It's causing the threat...

So what you are saying is that the Two Militaries should train in an area that they are not preparing to fight in? So that if the North Koreans (who do train in there country) attack they will have the advantage. Train to Fight and Fight to Train. If you are training to defend your country, you train in that terrain not some place else. Remember you don't want to give the upper hand to your enemy.

~Thanato

Why should they be training to attack NK?! lol And if that is the reason, that proves my point even further that it's intimidation and will just lead to more threats and hostility. lol

• Like 1

Plus there's the question of cost. Do you spend millions of dollars shipping South Korean troops and equipment to the US for this training, or do you hold it in South Korea where there's already US troops and equipment there? It's practical and cost effective to hold training in South Korea, regardless of the tactical benefits.

The fact of the matter is that both South Korea and the US have made efforts to improve relations with the North and avoid restarting a war that neither of them wants. North Korea on the other hand seems focused on seeing just how far they can push SK and the US. They started the Korean War, they dug tunnels under the DMZ as invasion routes, they've kidnapped foreign citizens, they're attacks and killed South Koreans, they have their artillery targetted at the largest civilian area in the region, they've ignored efforts to restart talks, they are the ones threating to nuke populated areas, and they are the ones who backed out of the armistice six times! To look at the current situation in Korea and blame the US is just maddness.

• Like 2

It's causing the threat...

Why should they be training to attack NK?! lol And if that is the reason, that proves my point even further that it's intimidation and will just lead to more threats and hostility. lol

They are training to be attacked by North Korea because South Korea is at War with North Korea, and the US is the closest ally to the South.

~Thanato

Plus North Korea is far more likely to be the attackers than South Korea. Any offensive action that South Korea would take would be in the form of a counter attack, ie after the North hit them first.

• Like 1

I certainly do not support NK, I support no government, they are all greedy, selfish and don't give a flying **** about the people of the countyr. They don't do their job, they are there for us not the other way around which is the way it has become. They jsut help their friends and **** on everyone else.

Let's all pander to the North Korean's in case they have a hissy fit then shall we? You seem to think it's a big no-no doing these training exercises, but you don't have a problem with the NK's suggesting to the American's how easy it will be for them to bomb the crap out of them? That seems strange.

And as for you supporting no government... you'd prefer anarchy then?