Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palestinians React to Obama's Visit

Yamato

You know, something is just all messed up here. Other clips show cheering crowds of Israeli college students welcoming Obama. And other reports of how Netanyahu warms up to Obama. I do not believe there is any feasible two-state solution and the Palestinian need to disperse into their original tribal entities and move on. But in this case, I stand with the Palestinian for recognizing live bull on–the-hoof. As his 2009 Cairo speech instigated violence, I think this visit will only bring more violence. What did this guy offer Netanyahu? Rebuild the Temple? Does he have the Ark in a crate in some warehouse in Nevada? If he doesn't then there is no purpose to rebuild the Temple. But then the low information voter does not understand this.

You know, something is just all messed up here. Other clips show cheering crowds of Israeli college students welcoming Obama. And other reports of how Netanyahu warms up to Obama. I do not believe there is any feasible two-state solution and the Palestinian need to disperse into their original tribal entities and move on. But in this case, I stand with the Palestinian for recognizing live bull on–the-hoof. As his 2009 Cairo speech instigated violence, I think this visit will only bring more violence. What did this guy offer Netanyahu? Rebuild the Temple? Does he have the Ark in a crate in some warehouse in Nevada? If he doesn't then there is no purpose to rebuild the Temple. But then the low information voter does not understand this.

What in the world does this President have to "offer Netanyahu" with the US taxpayers' money now??? Enough is enough. This liberal thirst for endless foreign welfare has gone on way too long. He should hand Netanyahu a bill for $70 billion and say "welcome to the reality of taking care of yourselves with your own taxpayers".

• Like 5

The average America liberal is stupid, I don't agree Adam.

Temple? I'm not sure the connection here. I thought Oby went there to pressure Netanyahu on settlements and Iran. Anyway, the Palis are upset( who'da thunkit?) because Oby didn't come bearing the appropriate gifts - whatevs....

What in the world does this President have to "offer Netanyahu" with the US taxpayers' money now??? Enough is enough.

That's the question I asked. And I offered one possibility.

This liberal thirst for endless foreign welfare has gone on way too long.

This has nothing to do with welfare. This is all about grabbing power. This isn't even endless foreign welfare as this government hands out only about $30 billion in aid a year.

He should hand Netanyahu a bill for $70 billion and say "welcome to the reality of taking care of yourselves with your own taxpayers".

No he shouldn't. What you don't understand is that the money we give Israel is by treaty (which means that it is as binding as the Constitution), along with Egypt and Jordan. This *welfare* is all legit and free and clear. Now does Israel need our help in this area? Not at all. I'm all for ending this treaty but it needs to be revoked in Congress. In the long run, I think this treaty hurts our relationship with Israel and that's something we don't need.

That's the question I asked. And I offered one possibility.

This has nothing to do with welfare. This is all about grabbing power. This isn't even endless foreign welfare as this government hands out only about $30 billion in aid a year.

No he shouldn't. What you don't understand is that the money we give Israel is by treaty (which means that it is as binding as the Constitution), along with Egypt and Jordan. This *welfare* is all legit and free and clear. Now does Israel need our help in this area? Not at all. I'm all for ending this treaty but it needs to be revoked in Congress. In the long run, I think this treaty hurts our relationship with Israel and that's something we don't need.

This isn't "about" welfare, this IS welfare. Everything is "only" some small amount to a liberal when the welfare gets chopped up into small enough pieces. I don't care how a liberal justifies it as "legit". Welfare is "legit" and "constitutional" to a liberal without a treaty, which is just an extra necessary justification when American money isn't even kept in America but dumped on foreigners who least deserve it.

You're also very misinformed about this issue when you think you're telling anyone on this board correctly that the US signed any treaty that gives welfare to Israel and Egypt. You've been grossly misled into thinking that treaties signed by foreign countries are somehow relevant and binding on the United States because of something written in the US Constitution. Ridiculous. This isn't our treaty. We didn't sign it. We aren't bound by it in the slightest. There was no Act of Congress that got us into this, and there doesn't need to be any Act of Congress to get us out. This is another arbitrary bureaucratic decision and we can put an end to it overnight without Congress even being informed.

Temple? I'm not sure the connection here. I thought Oby went there to pressure Netanyahu on settlements and Iran. Anyway, the Palis are upset( who'da thunkit?) because Oby didn't come bearing the appropriate gifts - whatevs....

Another liberal mindset, forgiving the Jimmy Carter-aid.

Terrorist hotel bomber - the Prime Minister of Israel - Menachem Begin shakes hands with Anwar Sadat in another peace deal brokered by Jimmy Carter that doesn't bind the US to anything through any manner of Constitutional act of Congress. Carter was understanding enough to even be able to look a monster like Begin in the eye and bring these leaders together in an unprecedented show of solidarity. But anyone, especially advocates of foreign welfare, who thinks that the President dictates Article 1 Section 8 of the US Constitution ought to stop writing misinformation on internet message boards and go back to school and learn the rule of law in the United States.

800px-Camp_David%2C_Menachem_Begin%2C_Anwar_Sadat%2C_1978.jpg

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 1