Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hands

StarMountainKid

I knew one parent who had a problem (obviously) with left-handedness, so she forced her obviously left-handed child to use his right. He was still using his right hand as dominant as an older teen, not sure if he was ambidextrous due to that or not. Wonder what effects that has? She is obviously not the only parent to ever do that, crazy as it sounds.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I knew one parent who had a problem (obviously) with left-handedness, so she forced her obviously left-handed child to use his right. He was still using his right hand as dominant as an older teen, not sure if he was ambidextrous due to that or not. Wonder what effects that has? She is obviously not the only parent to ever do that, crazy as it sounds.

Yeah wasnt there that whole thing with kids being taught to learn to work with the right hand because they thought If you used the left it was evil or something. I think I read about that somewhere.

Yeah wasnt there that whole thing with kids being taught to learn to work with the right hand because they thought If you used the left it was evil or something. I think I read about that somewhere.

She didn't think it was "evil", I never heard of that, and this was the late 1980's.

Yes, I transfer coins to left hand to count with my right.

Plus, my left hand isn't useless or anything. And I don't often count coins any more. I rarely use/carry any cash/coins anymore.

So it's even less of an "issue" for me.

Why not keep the money in your left pocket, then skip the transfer and count with the right.

And if your cards are in your back pocket on the left side...

I'm just saying I still use quarters and wish the coin pocket was on the left.

She didn't think it was "evil", I never heard of that, and this was the late 1980's.

Oh ok, yeah I read somewhere that nuns would slap a ruler over a students hands that were writing with the left to stop them from doing it.

Oh ok, yeah I read somewhere that nuns would slap a ruler over a students hands that were writing with the left to stop them from doing it.

Yikes. No they weren't catholic or even religious. It had to do with something else.

Why not keep the money in your left pocket, then skip the transfer and count with the right.

I see, but as a "righty" don't you ever accept anything, coins etc with your right hand and have to transfer to your left? So we're both about even then?

In other words, some transfer on the way in and some transfer on the way out.

Lol, what a discussion! :)

Its true, the Latin word for left handed is, sinister and associated with evil whereas rightys were considered, in the right our just.

http://www.lefthandersday.com/tour2.html Pretty interesting but somewhat useless knowledge if you're into that...lolpost-109094-0-91542200-1364719443_thumb.post-109094-0-91542200-1364719443_thumb.

Edited by Lava_Lady

Yikes. No they weren't catholic or even religious. It had to do with something else.

Oh okay Yeah come to think of it I believe it was people of the catholic religion that thought that

Its true, the Latin word for left handed is, sinister and associated with evil whereas rightys were considered, in the right our just.

http://www.lefthande...r2.html Pretty interesting but somewhat useless knowledge if you're into that...lolpost-109094-0-91542200-1364719443_thumb.post-109094-0-91542200-1364719443_thumb.

Yep I knew I read that somewhere

I do it the exact same way QuiteContrary does it. We keep our coins in our right pocket because we are, after all, right handed. lol

So that's what that little dinky pocket is? a Coin pocket? who knew!?

I had no idea which pocket I usually keep change in so I checked my jacket and found change in both pockets.

I'm a lefty but use my right hand a lot too. (cutting with scissors, using the computer mouse) Maybe that's adaptation. The time I notice it most is sitting at a table with other people. I always sit at the left end side so I'm not poking my left elbow into someone the whole time.

Edited by sarah_444
  • Like 1

I do it the exact same way QuiteContrary does it. We keep our coins in our right pocket because we are, after all, right handed. lol

So that's what that little dinky pocket is? a Coin pocket? who knew!?

I always thought that little pocket was for your chap stick