Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

With your own eyes

Godofcats

Hello everyone, I just wanted to pose some questions. I wanted to know if anybody has actually seen a ghost. I don't mean like you thought you seen something or you seen something out of the corner of your eye but when you looked nothing was there. Or no sleep paralysis storys where you suffered some dream illusion. I mean looked straight at a ghost right in front of your eyes.

Also for anybody in a paranormal group. I've never heard of any ghost hunters actually going into a place and really seeing a ghost. I'm in a ghost hunting group but we are not very serious we just do it for fun. We have been to many creepy places but never seen anything. Just some weird noises and weird things like emf meters going nuts then just stopping when there is no electric power around anywhere in sight.

• Like 1

I have, but I'm not going to claim that what I saw was 'proof' of ghosts or life after death or whatever.

I saw a semi-transparent gray woman in a long dress float through the back bedroom of my house when I went to the bathroom one day. I stood there for at least ten seconds watching her before she disappeared through the wall.

• Like 2

That's awesome. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk to anybody who believes in ghost if that's what it sounds like. I just want to hear of peoples sightings. I think it would be awesome to see a ghost like that.

• Like 1

I saw a "ghost" family, mom, dad, 2 kids, and grandma. Up until then, I didn't believe in ghosts, nor anything paranormal. This happened about noon on a very sunny day, in a friend's backyard. The family, who seemed to be going about their daily life as it was when they were alive, didn't seem to be aware of my presence. They weren't ooky-spooky at all, it was like a time slip, where either they or I had moved out of our normal time very briefly. I did some research and the clothes they were wearing dated them to about 300 years ago. I haven't seen anything like that since.

• Like 1

That's hardcore beany. You said it was a friends backyard did your friend witness it to? How long did this last? Did you feel wierd or strange during the event?

I have only ever seen 1 "figure" type being in my entire life,not your classical ghost of a former person not exactly bigfoot.I do not know exactly what the hell it was but i was not the only person who saw it at the same moment in time.I did not summon it,was not some search for a super-natural anything.It just happened to be in the same place at the same time me and a friend were going down the road at.

Was a little strange because i am a skeptic.Neither one of us had any alcohol or drugs in our system yet we saw the same damn thing!Whatever it was,was real....atleast for the moment as i have said i am not religious but energy never dies.I also believe in other dimensions sometimes i believe things may just slip through momentarily.I think this could be the reason behind a lot of sightings and experiences.

• Like 1

A ghost is someone who for whatever reason has not been able to obtain rebirth. It is a horrible thing -- desiring physical existence but only able to wander about alone without society, hungry without food, thirsty without water, cold without shelter or clothes.

I saw my dad once ,and one of my cats came back two years in a row,on the anni of her death . Saw it .Wide awake etc etc .

• Like 1

I encounter a few apparitions, no way to prove a ghost though. For me it might of well been an angel's trick, demon fun, or anything in between. I feel it takes blind faith to accept an encounter was a spirit or such.

But yea I seen such with my eyes. The most clear was an old man on a sideway with no shirt just standing there staring out into space for a few seconds before he vanish in an instant.

I think I mentioned this before, but yes; I have seen a few things in the past. Most were just going about the daily business of their former lives. Only twice did I see something that could be considered an interactive being, and I think it must have been the same one, only at 2 different times and in 2 different New England states. That thing, I don't much talk about.

That's hardcore beany. You said it was a friends backyard did your friend witness it to? How long did this last? Did you feel wierd or strange during the event?

I was alone. It lasted 2-3 minutes, as I watched them walk across the un-fenced yard. I really didn't feel weird or strange, just really really surprised, because as I said earlier, I was very skeptical of that kind of stuff, up until then. At the time, I was living on an island where this kind of thing isn't unusual; for the indigenous people it's a fact that they share the island with their ancestors. However, it was very unusual for me.

I think I mentioned this before, but yes; I have seen a few things in the past. Most were just going about the daily business of their former lives. Only twice did I see something that could be considered an interactive being, and I think it must have been the same one, only at 2 different times and in 2 different New England states. That thing, I don't much talk about.

Thanks for sharing. To me, it doesn't sound like what we saw were "ghosts" in the way most people think of them. I tend to think what I saw was life going on as usual in a different time dimension, but that's really just a guess. I don't attach any religious or spiritual significance to it.

• Like 1

I was at a party here in Vietnam, there were some westerners present. A girl comes running down the stairs shouting "A horror, a horror." (The word better translates horror -- there is a different word for a more benign presence). The Vietnamese present left the room, the westerners went running up the stairs looking for it.

• Like 1

I was at a party here in Vietnam, there were some westerners present. A girl comes running down the stairs shouting "A horror, a horror." (The word better translates horror -- there is a different word for a more benign presence). The Vietnamese present left the room, the westerners went running up the stairs looking for it.

This kind of explains all the dummies who die in horror movies doesnt it frank? :lol:

The vietnamese got the hell out of dodge,the westerners have to see the horror no matter if consequences could come of it or not haha

• Like 1

I guess; I think different cultures create different expectations and these create different experiences

"Thanks for sharing. To me, it doesn't sound like what we saw were "ghosts" in the way most people think of them. I tend to think what I saw was life going on as usual in a different time dimension, but that's really just a guess. I don't attach any religious or spiritual significance to it."

The ones that just go about their business like a recording are residuals, and I do think that is what they are, just an imprint of what once happened. They don't see us, but when the conditions are right we do see them. The first I saw, I wasn't thinking of anything in particular, just looking out the farmhouse window on a summer day.

I saw a ghost and sorry to disappoint you but it was out of the corner of my eye and when I looked directly at it I couldn't see it but when I looked from the corner of my eye it was there again. It was a ghost no matter how I had to look at it.

Yes, at a very sprising time.

I work evenings in a large office. There are far less people, maybe 20 or so of us who work nights. Management paces our breaks so no two people go at the same time. I have 30 minutes for lunch. At 8PM my only choice is a greezy hamburger place downstairs. I made my order and hurridly went to pick it up.

I returned to the vacant lunch area with less than 15 minutes to consume this huge drippy-greezy sandwitch.

I was eating quite sloppily because of the time restraint, the nature of the sandwitch and because I was alone. I was facing down looking over the sandwitch wrapper so the droppings would fall into the wrapper and I heard the chair across the table creak as if weight had been applied to it.

I knew nobody had actually sat down so I assumed someone walked up and leaned on the chair back. I embarassingly looked up and began to utter "hello" expecting to see a co-worker but there she was sitting in the chair. She was not wearing a thing.

She sat there with her eyes fixed on mine about 3 feet away. She was translucent, I could see the chair and wall further back through her. I knew this was an unusual event so I looked her over very carefully.

I knew who she was so it was not a frightful thing in the least. It was 100% curiosity. I don't know if the lower half of her was visible because she was sitting across from the table, which obscured the view. If she had clothing on and wasn't translucent she would have looked like anyone else.

I said noting to her, I just kept on consuming my sandwitch. When I was done eating, I got up to toss my trash in the waste can and kept my eyes on her, which followed me. I turned to open the waste can door, toss it in and looked back and she had vanished.

This is not what I meant to say: "She sat there with her eyes fixed on mine about 3 feet away." I meant to say "She just sat there doing nothing else but have her eyes fixed on mine about 3 feet away.

This was in 2009.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have any more information on this sighting. The reaper is something i've always wanted to know more about, and see. I went under and died when I was 5, for a few minutes. I can't remember a thing about, however I would love to.

When I was expecting my last child I had some problems and was due to go to the hospital for a stress test on the baby. I sleep with the light on in the hallway and it helps when the kids had to go to the washroom at night. I was in bed and almost asleep when I saw someone standing in the doorway to my room. I thought it was one of the kids as the person was short about 5ft tall. She had blond hair pulled back from her face and she was wearing a green dress with small flowers on it. I asked her who she was and what did she want. She did look familiar. As I said that she came closer to the side of the bed where my husband was sleeping and just looked at me wringing her hands as if she was worried or something. I asked what she wanted and sat up to try and reach out to her, crawling over my husband waking him up. As that happened the person seemed like it broke into thousands of pieces like glass or mirror breaking and fluttered to the floor. There was nothing and no one there. The next day I went to the hospital as planned for the test and it turned out that I had to have an emmergency C section as both my son and I almost died. Later that year my mom came to stay with me and she brought some family photos. There was one picture of a lady sitting in a yard and she was wearing a flowered dress. Since the picture was not in color but black and white I had no idea what color the dress or her hair was. But she was the same lady I saw the night before I gave birth to my son. My mom said it was her mom when she was younger. I remembered my grandma with white hair and at the age of five when I last saw her she seemed very tall to me. Maybe it was her spirit letting me know she was concerned. As she was a very devout person I do not think she was there to cause harm and as a little girl I adored her. But it is just one of the strange things I have seen all through my life.

• Like 1

When I was expecting my last child I had some problems and was due to go to the hospital for a stress test on the baby. I sleep with the light on in the hallway and it helps when the kids had to go to the washroom at night. I was in bed and almost asleep when I saw someone standing in the doorway to my room. I thought it was one of the kids as the person was short about 5ft tall. She had blond hair pulled back from her face and she was wearing a green dress with small flowers on it. I asked her who she was and what did she want. She did look familiar. As I said that she came closer to the side of the bed where my husband was sleeping and just looked at me wringing her hands as if she was worried or something. I asked what she wanted and sat up to try and reach out to her, crawling over my husband waking him up. As that happened the person seemed like it broke into thousands of pieces like glass or mirror breaking and fluttered to the floor. There was nothing and no one there. The next day I went to the hospital as planned for the test and it turned out that I had to have an emmergency C section as both my son and I almost died. Later that year my mom came to stay with me and she brought some family photos. There was one picture of a lady sitting in a yard and she was wearing a flowered dress. Since the picture was not in color but black and white I had no idea what color the dress or her hair was. But she was the same lady I saw the night before I gave birth to my son. My mom said it was her mom when she was younger. I remembered my grandma with white hair and at the age of five when I last saw her she seemed very tall to me. Maybe it was her spirit letting me know she was concerned. As she was a very devout person I do not think she was there to cause harm and as a little girl I adored her. But it is just one of the strange things I have seen all through my life.

That's a really good, if not a little spooky, story! Thanks for sharing that.

Maybe I have and not been aware of it.

When I was 12 I saw one;

We lived on Maori warground- in fact half of the city I grew up in was a Maori war ground (New Zealand).

There was one night I woke up to what I though was pots banging around in the kitchen.

I went to check to see what the noise was and I saw a dark figure in the kitchen. He was a male, about 6'4, had long hair and a feather was his head dress. I thought it was my step dad as he is Native American, one of those herp derp moments.

Anyway I reached out to touch this figure and said my step dads name.

Next second I knew I was sitting on the couch, like I blanked out. I had no recollection of how I got to the couch. It was weird as.