Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot Obsession.

danbell06

I wont lie, i was obsessed with bigfoot, as sad as that is. I was.

Every night when i got in from work I'd go on youtube hoping another bigfoot video would have been posted during the day. I would click on bigfoot websites to see if any new posts had been made. I would go as far as to say it was borderline obsession before i kicked it into touch.

My partner would curse me for being stupid and childish for believing such drivvel.

I was but a skidmark on the bigfoot society compared to some, who are, fully formed dungs.

I used to want to go exploring the american wilderness for bigfoot when i believed. Now i am interested in why others dedicate there lives to searching for the big man.

Are you obsessed with bigfoot?

Does a day go by where you don't think of bigfoot a least once?

Do you scour the net looking for news of sightings or anything new in the world of bigfoot?

Do you go out into the wild praying you will have an encounter?

I used to be obsessed with Bigfoot, then like most people I turned 9 years old.

Hell, I went as far as to do a science fair project on Bigfoot. But like I said, I turned 9.

• Like 2

I used to be obsessed with Bigfoot, then like most people I turned 9 years old.

Hell, I went as far as to do a science fair project on Bigfoot. But like I said, I turned 9.

Hahaha made my day with this post!

I wouldn't go so far to say I'm obsessed, but I am interested in the possibility of this creature being around, probably more than I care to admit. I didn't really get interested in it until about twenty some years ago. Read several books on the subject, which after reading them I realized they were geared around the reader needing to be a believer in order to over look some of the omissions and the inconsistencies. Then too, the photos are more a collection of Blobsquatch photos which drive me nuts. Then you have the hoaxers, liars, and general psychopaths and "groupies" for lack of a better term, now with the internet you have this whole community built around anything Bigfoot related.......and then this train wreck that is Rick Dyer.....OMG!

I have a theory about Rick Dyer and why he is so big on bigfoot. I think he was molested by an especially tall, fat, hirsute man. That is the only plausible explanation I have been able to come up with over the years with his special brand of psychopathy regarding bigfoot.

Obsession? Hah! Me?!

Just look for the stingray avatar under "Cryptozoology, Myths, and Legends". :whistle:

I guess you could say I'm obsessed with the people who are obsessed with bigfoot.

Actually, I have to agree with that, people who are seriously obsessed are interesting to watch, most of them have never actually spent time looking for the creature, they've never spent any time in the woods, they have little to no woodman skills. They wouldn't know a Bigfoot print from a bear print and would most likely faint upon seeing one.......then they disappear and become slaves in the Bigfoot Breeding Program. Which does serve to make more Bigfoots so I suppose it's all good in the end.

I think like most folks, Bigfoot was my first cryptid crush thanks to shows like In Search Of. And, frankly, I'd think there would be nothing cooler than for him to exist. But unfortunately, the evidence just isn't there.

• Like 1

I guess you could say I'm obsessed with the people who are obsessed with bigfoot.

Got questions? Fire away!

Above is exactly where I am.

At one time, not sure how young, up to about 15, I " believed ". Because I saw a movie, read a few books, and went to the Bigfoot museum. From 16 to 21 I had other things on my mind.....From 22 to about 30, I thought there may be a possibility, from watching " documentaries ". I started to realize it has been a long time with claims, yet no bodies. I bow hunted from around age 17 to 37, and know many hunters, loggers, etc. This along with this site, started my education.

I stopped listening to monsterquest, and claims on the internet. I started reading about everything from no bodies, environment, breeding population, and my and friends experiences hunting, hiking, fishing. It did not take long to " wake up " and know that there is no way this thing exists.

I then kept being active in Bif topics, debating back and forth, stating facts, with links and back up. I tried to convince people to open their eyes and brains.

I stopped doing that. It is a broken record, same claims, same things debated, same facts pointed out and ignored. It is just another year, and new people.

I have all ways had a interest in why do people believe in ghosts and such. About everything can be shown to be a real, mundane thing, yet that is ignored by anyone with a strong faith. ( blind faith, belief ). This also goes for Bigfoot.

Now I just try to figure out the psych of people like this, what makes them put up blinders to even do research themselves, and not count on other people to do it.

" google it yourself ".

The answers are there, yet some do not want to see them.

This is a addiction if you ask me, and congratulations on joining the " sober " ones.....These addictions go on and on. People contributing to known hoaxers, frauds, and liars by having discussions about them, and debating on the " why's, how's, and " what could be's ".....And / or replying in every Bigfoot topic there is, a number of times. If this is you, and are debating " what if's " , you are a addict.......To me, that is interesting, and a bit entertaining at times.

People can be obsessed by numerous things, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, forum members, and the " paranormal ".......

There is a cure, and the cure is educating ones self, and admitting you have a problem.

All of the frauds out there ( BFRO ) and others, are making hand over fist $$$$ from the addicts like this. " Finding Bigfoot " should not have had a second season, yet people give in, and people by the merchandise.....Make them get real jobs I say !

Edited by Sakari

I wont lie, i was obsessed with bigfoot, as sad as that is. I was.

Every night when i got in from work I'd go on youtube hoping another bigfoot video would have been posted during the day. I would click on bigfoot websites to see if any new posts had been made. I would go as far as to say it was borderline obsession before i kicked it into touch.

My partner would curse me for being stupid and childish for believing such drivvel.

I was but a skidmark on the bigfoot society compared to some, who are, fully formed dungs.

I used to want to go exploring the american wilderness for bigfoot when i believed. Now i am interested in why others dedicate there lives to searching for the big man.

Are you obsessed with bigfoot?

Does a day go by where you don't think of bigfoot a least once?

Do you scour the net looking for news of sightings or anything new in the world of bigfoot?

Do you go out into the wild praying you will have an encounter?

Not obessed but greatly fascinated because I believe they are real. Just too many reputable people have seen them for it to be fake. People of every race, culture, ethnicity have spotted this animal on almost every continent except antartica. All of these people are not stupid, lunatics, or hoaxers.

Personally I believe "bigfoot" may be the missing link or its some sort of relative to humans.

I have to kind of wonder if maybe there isn't something in our genetic make up that sort of locks us into belief. When I look at the actual evidence and don't count the stuff that could be faked then there isn't really anything to hang a belief on. Nill, Zip, nada. And yet, I can't help but wonder about them and if they're real or not. People keep claiming to see them, some people very reputable that you can't just blow off.

Then you have to things like with Rick Dyer now, and while I don't include the BFRO in his category they are making money from their show, so they have a vested interest in keeping the myth going. The good news is they haven't claimed to have shot one or have one in a freezer or squirreled away until they can make a movie about it.

Maybe it's us rather than a real creature, maybe it makes us tap into some primal thing locked up in our circuitry.

Edited by keninsc

Above is exactly where I am.

At one time, not sure how young, up to about 15, I " believed ". Because I saw a movie, read a few books, and went to the Bigfoot museum. From 16 to 21 I had other things on my mind.....From 22 to about 30, I thought there may be a possibility, from watching " documentaries ". I started to realize it has been a long time with claims, yet no bodies. I bow hunted from around age 17 to 37, and know many hunters, loggers, etc. This along with this site, started my education.

I stopped listening to monsterquest, and claims on the internet. I started reading about everything from no bodies, environment, breeding population, and my and friends experiences hunting, hiking, fishing. It did not take long to " wake up " and know that there is no way this thing exists.

I then kept being active in Bif topics, debating back and forth, stating facts, with links and back up. I tried to convince people to open their eyes and brains.

I stopped doing that. It is a broken record, same claims, same things debated, same facts pointed out and ignored. It is just another year, and new people.

I have all ways had a interest in why do people believe in ghosts and such. About everything can be shown to be a real, mundane thing, yet that is ignored by anyone with a strong faith. ( blind faith, belief ). This also goes for Bigfoot.

Now I just try to figure out the psych of people like this, what makes them put up blinders to even do research themselves, and not count on other people to do it.

" google it yourself ".

The answers are there, yet some do not want to see them.

This is a addiction if you ask me, and congratulations on joining the " sober " ones.....These addictions go on and on. People contributing to known hoaxers, frauds, and liars by having discussions about them, and debating on the " why's, how's, and " what could be's ".....And / or replying in every Bigfoot topic there is, a number of times. If this is you, and are debating " what if's " , you are a addict.......To me, that is interesting, and a bit entertaining at times.

People can be obsessed by numerous things, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, forum members, and the " paranormal ".......

There is a cure, and the cure is educating ones self, and admitting you have a problem.

All of the frauds out there ( BFRO ) and others, are making hand over fist $$$$ from the addicts like this. " Finding Bigfoot " should not have had a second season, yet people give in, and people by the merchandise.....Make them get real jobs I say !

I agree 100%. Before i joined this site all i knew was the patterson gimlin film and that, for me, was enough to make me believe.

That didnt last long...

There was no telling me it was all a myth before i joined UM.

When i started posting and getting replies from people I started to think logically.

Bigfoot is a "moneymaker".

Its definately NOT what i would call a job. I've got a honest job, I'm a self employed bathroom fitter and i work 6 days a week, 8-6 and somedays i work as late as it takes to finish a job.

That is what a real job is..

stefan-richter-head.png

danbell, everytime I look at your avatar I see Stefan Richter from Top Chef!

If my image isn't allowed here's the link. He is in the second row from the bottom.

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/season-10

Haha. Except im far better looking! :)

I cant cook to save my life though so we'll call it a draw.

• Like 1

Its definately NOT what i would call a job. I've got a honest job, I'm a self employed bathroom fitter and i work 6 days a week, 8-6 and somedays i work as late as it takes to finish a job.

That is what a real job is..

Amen !

Doesn't it p*** you off that people can be frauds and make money legally?

Can't blame them, but you can blame the customers. And the customers are the ones discussing or debating claims, giving the fame baiters the atention they want.

I have to kind of wonder if maybe there isn't something in our genetic make up that sort of locks us into belief. When I look at the actual evidence and don't count the stuff that could be faked then there isn't really anything to hang a belief on. Nill, Zip, nada. And yet, I can't help but wonder about them and if they're real or not. People keep claiming to see them, some people very reputable that you can't just blow off.

Then you have to things like with Rick Dyer now, and while I don't include the BFRO in his category they are making money from their show, so they have a vested interest in keeping the myth going. The good news is they haven't claimed to have shot one or have one in a freezer or squirreled away until they can make a movie about it.

Maybe it's us rather than a real creature, maybe it makes us tap into some primal thing locked up in our circuitry.

I dont think they exist anymore. I think they were around at some point. Not in my lifetime anyway.

I'm not calling your friends liars, or anyone who claims to have had an encounter, but its just not happening in this century. Not today. Not in 20 years.

Hoaxes are rife and they will never end because there is never going to be a body produced.

Amen !

Doesn't it p*** you off that people can be frauds and make money legally?

Can't blame them, but you can blame the customers. And the customers are the ones discussing or debating claims, giving the fame baiters the atention they want.

Small fry like dyer doesnt have the same affect as large organisations like BFRO and the Erickson Project, on me. He's a silly redneck who deserves what he has coming to him. He'll fall from a great height.

The finding bigfoot team p*** me off no end. Well, moneymaker is the main culprit. I dont know why but I have a slight hatred towards him and his hair. (Not jealous btw!!!)

Small fry like dyer doesnt have the same affect as large organisations like BFRO and the Erickson Project, on me. He's a silly redneck who deserves what he has coming to him. He'll fall from a great height.

The finding bigfoot team p*** me off no end. Well, moneymaker is the main culprit. I dont know why but I have a slight hatred towards him and his hair. (Not jealous btw!!!)

Make a pledge to yourself :

1. I will not discuss Bif topics on claims, as this just boosts google for said names.

2. I will not watch any " series " on Bif, as this puts money in their pockets.

3. I will write Animal Planet and ask them to drop finding bigfoot.

http://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations/

( A topic here, long story, " The Demon Exorcist " was not continued after one airing, in a big part by a topic started here, by a person on the show, a claiment, and people letting animal planet know how they feel about hoaxs and frauds )

4. I will only read topics regarding Bif, and only discuss what makes a person believe in something that has no actual facts of evidence.

5. I will not repeat post any facts against the bigfoot stuff.

I dont think they exist anymore. I think they were around at some point. Not in my lifetime anyway.

I'm not calling your friends liars, or anyone who claims to have had an encounter, but its just not happening in this century. Not today. Not in 20 years.

Hoaxes are rife and they will never end because there is never going to be a body produced.

I get that people aren't going to understand or accept what my friends told me, they didn't know them as I did and do. So yeah, I can see where people think the same old thing about them and to be honest, had I not known these guys as I did I'd have probably just blown it off too. The one thing that's always sort of hung in my head is that both guys said it doesn't look like an ape or giant monkey, it looks like a giant human with disproportionally large shoulders and upper body. One of my friends said he had no trouble believing the thing could break a bear's neck. There were some other things they spoke about that I just keep to myself, but that's so others don't get any ideas about them.

I understand you not believing me on their say so and I don't have any issue with that. As I have said before on here all I have is what they told me and it will mean little to anyone but me.

Personally, I've spent more time in the woods than the average person over the course of my life and I've never seen or heard one, or found any sign of them, but to be honest, I wasn't really looking for them either.

Edited by keninsc

I get that people aren't going to understand or accept what my friends told me, they didn't know them as I did and do. So yeah, I can see where people think the same old thing about them and to be honest, had I not known these guys as I did I'd have probably just blown it off too. The one thing that's always sort of hung in my head is that both guys said it doesn't look like an ape or giant monkey, it looks like a giant human with disproportionally large shoulders and upper body. One of my friends said he had no trouble believing the thing could break a bear's neck. There were some other things they spoke about that I just keep to myself, but that's so others don't get any ideas about them.

I understand you not believing me on their say so and I don't have any issue with that. As I have said before on here all I have is what they told me and it will mean little to anyone but me.

Personally, I've spent more time in the woods than the average person over the course of my life and I've never seen or heard one, or found any sign of them, but to be honest, I wasn't really looking for them either.

I forgot your friends' accounts, keninsc, was this at a time and place where you also frequented the same areas as their sightings. Did you ever do any "extra" hiking after that?

I have to point something out that really should not needed pointed out. And I assure everyone, no offense at all.

Here, we have a topic on " Bigfoot obsession ", and a discussion on how or why do people get that obsession.

Not even to page 2, and on page 2, we have discussions now on personal accounts, whether of friends or their own. Peoples opinions on different claims, and people asking for more detail on a claim.

I am sorry, but how ironic is this?

Actually, when Jason told me about it, it was a couple years after he's "mysteriously" quit hunting and when he told me about it, was just before we moved up to Virginia in late 1992. I knew the area he was talking about, it had been clear cut and replanted by Georgia/Pacific about three years earlier and was still sort of rough. Tall weeds, upturned stumps, limb falls and logging roads, tall weeds, brush new growth, you know what it's like. After he told me about it I tried to get him to take me out there and just show me where it was he'd seen it, specifically where he'd seen but there was not getting him near that place again and judging from him reaction trying to talk him into it probably wasn't a good idea. Don't get me wrong, "J" was a great guy, but trying to push him into doing something he didn't want to do could be a dangerous undertaking. So when I told him that I'd go and see about taking a look around there myself because I was curious, he got very concerned. Concerned to the point he wasn't going to tell me where he'd seen it. "J" hunted deer with a .30-30 Winchester lever action rifle and he told me if I went out there to take either my assault rifle or my Marlin .444 lever action. He said he was pretty sure that his ".30-30 didn't have enough ass to take that damned thing down." Unless he nailed a head shot or heart shot, anything else would just p*** it off.

Ok, so I went out there and I had my assault rifle with me, a Springfield SAR-48 made by FN/FAL chambered in 7.62 x 51 NATO. I had it loaded up with a twenty round magazine and had a second twenty round as a spare........for what I don't know........if I needed more than twenty rounds then I was in a fire fight in like of which I'd not seen since Nam. Besides, Bigfoot aren't supposed to be armed, by if they're inter-dimensional aliens who can fight with telepathy and odor then I could be out gunned. Anyway, I got over there one morning around ten-ish or so and started wandering around, this must be a couple hundred acre area and in places you can't see in some places due to the over growth of weeds and small scrub trees, I had to pretty much stick to the wallowed out logging roads. Unfortunately, when "J" had been down there and had his encounter the area was relatively cleared out and hadn't had a chance to get all over grown. Never did find anything but to be very honest, I could have been within ten feet of one and not seen him in a lot of the area. I spent about five hours looking around, never saw or found anything.

I do give it the benefit of the doubt that these creatures could exist considering unknown animals have been discovered

before but still need that hard evidence to verify it. If that hard evidence was found, I wonder what happens next?