Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot Obsession.

danbell06

I have to point something out that really should not needed pointed out. And I assure everyone, no offense at all.

Here, we have a topic on " Bigfoot obsession ", and a discussion on how or why do people get that obsession.

Not even to page 2, and on page 2, we have discussions now on personal accounts, whether of friends or their own. Peoples opinions on different claims, and people asking for more detail on a claim.

I am sorry, but how ironic is this?

I've admitted to my obsession. I will debate and ask and argue and read and search... and well... obsess, to satisfy my obsession until I'm shot dead and thrown in a freezer!

Peter Pan I am. :) Or, as I prefer, Don Quixote!

Tis sad, but true!

btw, no offense taken :tu:

Edited by QuiteContrary

I don't think his offense was directed at you QC. *Snip*

Fine, I'll tell her in an email.

Edited by keninsc
Please refrain from telling posters how to post and whom they should/shouldn't quote.

I've admitted to my obsession. I will debate and ask and argue and read and search... and well... obsess, to satisfy my obsession until I'm shot dead and thrown in a freezer!

Peter Pan I am. :) Or, as I prefer, Don Quiixote!

Tis sad, but true!

btw, no offense taken :tu:

QC,

As said, no offense to anyone at all, and not directed towards anyone at all. Just making a point about the topic. Having a discussion. :)

I know, you and others are interested, I was for a long time myself. I ( and others ) just made it to the point that the OP has just hit, we want to know what the obsession is all about. Especially to people that do not " believe " in it. And those that do.

The discussion is not intended to make arguments, or say people are dumb for their belief. It can be hard here at times, as many ( I have myself ) can take things to personal, and lose site that this is just a discussion board for people to talk about things, and debate them.

Thanks for not being like that, much respect.... :nw:

Edited by Sakari

QC,

As said, no offense to anyone at all, and not directed towards anyone at all. Just making a point about the topic. Having a discussion. :)

I know, you and others are interested, I was for a long time myself. I ( and others ) just made it to the point that the OP has just hit, we want to know what the obsession is all about. Especially to people that do not " believe " in it. And those that do.

The discussion is not intended to make arguments, or say people are dumb for their belief. It can be hard here at times, as many ( I have myself ) can take things to personal, and lose site that this is just a discussion board for people to talk about things, and debate them.

Thanks for not being like that, much respect.... :nw:

No problem, I didn't mean it that way, sorry. (I was actually shot while serving as a U.S. Ambassador. Thus, my early retirement status) :no:

You didn't say anything offensive or untrue. I was the one asking questions about bigfoot encounters and so I just responded.

If I got offended too easily, I don't think I'd be doing the Bigfoot Thing! HAHAHA

As I've said before, I'm a lousy judge of how I come across. Always have been, always will. :tu:

Edited by QuiteContrary

No problem, I didn't mean it that way, sorry. (I was actually shot while serving as a U.S. Ambassador. Thus, my early retirement status) :no:

You didn't say anything offensive or untrue. I was the one asking questions about bigfoot encounters and so I just responded.

If I got offended too easily, I don't think I'd be doing the Bigfoot Thing! HAHAHA

As I've said before, I'm a lousy judge of how I come across. Always have been, always will. :tu:

QC,

Never thought you meant it that way, I just wanted to emphasize that I meant no offense at all :)

A reminder here, others are allowed to have differing opinions from your own. Do not tell others who they can/can't quote or converse with. This is my second time dealing with this issue...the next time will result in consequences.

Do you go out into the wild praying you will have an encounter?

I don't pray for one, if it happens it happens. I don't call it Bigfoot though, that name alone leads me to the realm of santa and the tooth fairy.

I don't pray for one, if it happens it happens. I don't call it Bigfoot though, that name alone leads me to the realm of santa and the tooth fairy.

What do you call it?

I'm gonna proudly wave my freak flag high - BIGFOOT IS A GREAT HOBBY!!!

We're all here talking about Bigfoot so why not go out into the great outdoors and have a look? It's awesome fun, provides an opportunity to learn more about your local area, and is good excercise...

Even if you are exploring places where many have been before you are still exploring places that are new to you - it's an adventure that reconnects with the inner-child when the world was big and mysterious and full of possibilities. Not only is there nothing wrong with play and make-believe it is actually good to do so.

If you ever wanted to travel the world in order to investigate its great mysteries (like Bigfoot) then now is the time to start. Don't wait. Don't look back in a few years time and wonder "What if...?" Begin within your own local region.

Solve mysteries or create them - the realm of possibilities still exist beyond your back door. Engage with your inner Bigfoot...

• Like 2

I think that people like to feel that the world still has a few mysteries out there. People that spend a LOT of time out in the woods, especially at night will eventually have encounters with things that don't ass up. I've been followed for miles and then when I back track I can only find my tracks. I know that I was followed. I could here them clearly. I've taken friends with me and they usually get pretty spooked. To me it is like the UFO thing. It is just an unidentified mystery. I called this one Hugo because it was like he was telling me that "where ever you go I'll go!" Hugo and I walked the edge of the swamps on dozens and dozens of nights. I didn't fear him but my 80 pound German Shephard was TERRIFIED of it.

I guess if I had an obscession it might be in the mysteries themselves rather than any single one. I've slept in haunted houses, graveyards and walked the ghost roads. Some I figured out and it was some sort of freak natural thing, some I never saw a thing and some I still scratch my head about. I had several odd experiances in my childhood and youth that left me unable to doubt that there are oddities out there.

I think that people like to feel that the world still has a few mysteries out there. People that spend a LOT of time out in the woods, especially at night will eventually have encounters with things that don't ass up. I've been followed for miles and then when I back track I can only find my tracks. I know that I was followed. I could here them clearly. I've taken friends with me and they usually get pretty spooked. To me it is like the UFO thing. It is just an unidentified mystery. I called this one Hugo because it was like he was telling me that "where ever you go I'll go!" Hugo and I walked the edge of the swamps on dozens and dozens of nights. I didn't fear him but my 80 pound German Shephard was TERRIFIED of it.

I guess if I had an obscession it might be in the mysteries themselves rather than any single one. I've slept in haunted houses, graveyards and walked the ghost roads. Some I figured out and it was some sort of freak natural thing, some I never saw a thing and some I still scratch my head about. I had several odd experiances in my childhood and youth that left me unable to doubt that there are oddities out there.

My favorites are the night stalkers. I live in east Texas too. Is this where your stalker lives?

What do you call it?

Until we figure out what it is we're dealing with, we just call it our boy. The other guy had a class A daytime sighting, not me. He said it looked most like this: http://other-worlds.ucoz.ru/_ph/5/2/730135803.jpg

It's like NW said, it not about the destination in the journey, but the things you learn along the way. We hunt for fossils and native american artifacts also.

I like this from Matt Bille "...large undiscovered animals lurk almost at our doorstep..."

And thus too, my obsession with bigfoot! Though I don't believe anymore i still like the "idea".

from the OP in the thread "Time to give up on lake monsters" by Rafterman

Until we figure out what it is we're dealing with, we just call it our boy. The other guy had a class A daytime sighting, not me. He said it looked most like this: http://other-worlds....2/730135803.jpg

It's like NW said, it not about the destination in the journey, but the things you learn along the way. We hunt for fossils and native american artifacts also.

You may have missed the point of my post: the Monster Hunting/Legend Tripping experience is reward enough in itself - the incidentals are a bonus but still only incidental...

If you still have your eyes on that illusive destination then you are more likely to be blinkered as to what is really going on during the journey. I'd be interested in the opinion of an independent observer in this situation - has keninsc been out to see "your boy" yet?

I'm not obsessed with anything. More like curious. Sometimes I can be overly curious, but NEVER obsessed. lol

Ok, Ok, I admit it! ya got me LOL!

Somehow I keep it in check because I would truly like to be out here (UM) more often but cannot - for NOW.

I think I am more interested in BF than I have ever been. Certainly when I was a mere adolescent, I did not have an opinion and could care less

one way or the other. In the last 5-6 years, I have begun to swing to the "EXISTS" side of things and yes, it has fascinated me - all the stories

of what this creature has allegedly done.

I know one thing, there is more of a chance that BigFoot is reality and "Reality TV Programs", or "Pro Wrestling" LOL,

so if you watch either of those two with great elan, please don't pick on moi LOL

You may have missed the point of my post: the Monster Hunting/Legend Tripping experience is reward enough in itself - the incidentals are a bonus but still only incidental...

err ahh, ok, if you say so.

until

If you still have your eyes on that illusive destination then you are more likely to be blinkered as to what is really going on during the journey. I'd be interested in the opinion of an independent observer in this situation - has keninsc been out to see "your boy" yet?

Whatever it is has the ability to manipulate the environment in novel, yet simple, ways to suit it's needs. The land owner of where the environmental impact occured (s) was very skeptical until we told him where to look and he saw the impact for himself. Yeah, I showed keninsc the pics and was able to explain them to him over the phone for clarification. No pics of our boy though.

Bigfoot was my, what do you call it, "gateway" cryptid. I always knew about Bigfoot but I never knew the actual history and belief behind him. After I discovered that, I discovered all the other paranormal things. I became really interested in Bigfoot. I would always read things about it and look at pictures, videos, and reports of it. Unfortunately, for me it was always the same things being shown over and over again...nothing new or interesting being brought. So I just drifted away from my Bigfoot interest.

Still, Bigfoot introduced me to new things. I can thank the big ol' harry ape for that.

• 2 months later...

Actually, when Jason told me about it, it was a couple years after he's "mysteriously" quit hunting and when he told me about it, was just before we moved up to Virginia in late 1992. I knew the area he was talking about, it had been clear cut and replanted by Georgia/Pacific about three years earlier and was still sort of rough. Tall weeds, upturned stumps, limb falls and logging roads, tall weeds, brush new growth, you know what it's like. After he told me about it I tried to get him to take me out there and just show me where it was he'd seen it, specifically where he'd seen but there was not getting him near that place again and judging from him reaction trying to talk him into it probably wasn't a good idea. Don't get me wrong, "J" was a great guy, but trying to push him into doing something he didn't want to do could be a dangerous undertaking. So when I told him that I'd go and see about taking a look around there myself because I was curious, he got very concerned. Concerned to the point he wasn't going to tell me where he'd seen it. "J" hunted deer with a .30-30 Winchester lever action rifle and he told me if I went out there to take either my assault rifle or my Marlin .444 lever action. He said he was pretty sure that his ".30-30 didn't have enough ass to take that damned thing down." Unless he nailed a head shot or heart shot, anything else would just p*** it off.

Ok, so I went out there and I had my assault rifle with me, a Springfield SAR-48 made by FN/FAL chambered in 7.62 x 51 NATO. I had it loaded up with a twenty round magazine and had a second twenty round as a spare........for what I don't know........if I needed more than twenty rounds then I was in a fire fight in like of which I'd not seen since Nam. Besides, Bigfoot aren't supposed to be armed, by if they're inter-dimensional aliens who can fight with telepathy and odor then I could be out gunned. Anyway, I got over there one morning around ten-ish or so and started wandering around, this must be a couple hundred acre area and in places you can't see in some places due to the over growth of weeds and small scrub trees, I had to pretty much stick to the wallowed out logging roads. Unfortunately, when "J" had been down there and had his encounter the area was relatively cleared out and hadn't had a chance to get all over grown. Never did find anything but to be very honest, I could have been within ten feet of one and not seen him in a lot of the area. I spent about five hours looking around, never saw or found anything.

New guy,

I don't know if this thing exist but its stories like this that makes me wary of whats out in the bush.

I have heard a few like this myself from people who will never set foot in any type of forest again.

And these people used to be Big game hunters and will not go back into the bush not for nothing.

Maybe they saw "God", maybe they got to old to do the 10 days hunts. Who the heck knows.

Maybe they shot another hunter by accident and covered it up. But all say the same thing.... Big Foot.

I would like to think of myself who is very comfortable in the open ocean....

Up until I was out on the Cortez bank with some friends a few years ago.....

I will never go out there again into that water. I don't care how much money is on the table.

I know I am not the only one who was there that day who will not go back.

When everyone single person in the water gets that feeling and bails out of it....

We have all been in the water with Sharks before in Guadeloupe Island, in the Keys with Tigers and Bulls. Off San Diego with Mako's and Blues.

In Belize with great hammers heads during a feeding frenzy... And most of us were okay with the experience. And weren't afraid or would gladly go back into the water.

After Cortez Bank... Not happening

I remember talking to Kelly Slater and he was retelling that there was something big out there and he was not coming back to Cortez to surf.

Fear is a crazy thing...

I feel the fact that there is no 100% proof either for the existence or against the existence of BF is why people are still interested in BF.

If there was indisputable proof either way then half the topics in the crypto threads would no longer exist.

• Like 1

That's really part of the mystery Tia. As humans we're curious by nature and a mystery or something unresolved tend to drive us nuts.......look at all the conspiracy theories about the JFK assassination, 911, flight 600....or was it 800? That's just what we do.

• Like 1

You have to love a good conspiracy though.

I had a book with hundreds in. The paul Mccartney one was quite laughable.

• Like 1

I feel the fact that there is no 100% proof either for the existence or against the existence of BF is why people are still interested in BF.

But why aren't people interested in fairies any more? Bigfoot is big and dumb. Fairies are cool and can dance.

They all moved the San Francisco back in the seventies.