Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BP accused of rewriting environmental record

Still Waters

Oil giant British Petroleum is well-known for the Deepwater Oil Horizon disaster and its much-criticized handling of the cleanup's aftermath. But you might want to think twice before you read about the event, or the company's environmental record, on Wikipedia.

Angry Wikipedia editors estimate that BP has rewritten 44 percent of the page about itself, especially about its environmental performance.

http://news.cnet.com...d-on-wikipedia/

Not surprised at all, they've done far worth to cover up their evil.

The article did get something wrong though, they are called Beyond Petroleum now, not British Petroleum.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

I'm quite sure they had nothing to do with the manitee die off. Right?

• Like 2

I'm quite sure they had nothing to do with the manitee die off. Right?

It wouldn't surprise me. Heard some nasty stuff about that Corexit they put in the Gulf to try and get rid of the oil.

Also I find something seriously creepy about the fact their name is now Beyond Petroleum... Especially after they patented that Synthetic life form. :unsure2:

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

Really no surprises they would want to paint a pretty picture of themselves like anyone is going to believe it.

• Like 1

I think the story should really be about how this official BP text gets posted on Wiki;

"He skirts direct page editing prohibitions by posting a notice on the BP "talk page," and then Wikipedia editors copy and paste the content as provided onto BP's page."

So the question is, do the Wiki editors use a mouse or the ctrl-v copy and paste?

• Like 2

Yet another example of how the Wiki process cannot be trusted for accuracy.

• Like 1