Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Do You Call Astral Travelers That...?

mooncresentgirl

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Walker

• Gummug

• mooncresentgirl

• White Crane Feather

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you call someone who astral travels to help others?

A shaman. At least the original shaman did this.

A starry dreamer? Sorry, I couldn't resist *hides under table*

Nmes are just names.

Seeker is correct. The most common english name for such a person is a shaman (not sure where/which language this derived from) This used to be very common in earlier societies where material and spiritual existence were linked and inextricable.

Spirit guide might be a new age form although I am not really up with their roles. From reading, a lot of this (including some forms of shamanism) is only made possible by using drugs or starvation to alter ones state of consciousness.

I have two problems with this. First a natural aversion to such use of drugs and their effects on our naturla body and mind, and second the unreliability of any experience which requires a drug to alter your mind to the point where it can occur.

If it is not naturally accesible to a human mind then it is not a natural part of that mind.

Now the use of diet, starvation or water deprivation, is more problematical. Tha tis not healthy either, but it was a commonnatural occurence in early societies, hence perhaps, the greater commonality of mystical experiences among such people. A well fed and watered modern person is unlikely to have mystical experinces based on natural food/water deprivation, and must induce them by deliberate with holding.