Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What do you think of Charles Hall?

Occams Razor

I saw someone called Charles Hall on the TV this morning. I have had an interest in the subject of UFOs and the possibilities of alien visitation for many years but I had never heard of him before this morning. He is coming to Australia to talk about his experiences with aliens at Nellis air force base in the 60's.

I have to say I found it hard to keep a straight face while listening to his story. None of it seemed credible for the following reasons:

That the American government supposedly spent many millions of dollars constructing an "alien base" for this visiting species at Nellis, and yet he, a weather observer, not a commissioned officer, "an enlisted man" was the only person allowed to interact with representatives of this alien species. What would happen when he was off shift, or on leave?

I think the American president might have wanted a chat with them, not to mention a small team of physicists, engineers, medics, psychologists, theologists and military strategists. And why would the aliens only be interested in talking to a guy that sits on a hilltop in a deckchair and looks at clouds for a living. I think they would want to talk to someone far more interesting. I thought the same thing about Billy Mier. Why would aliens cross the galaxy to talk to a one armed woodcutter. Of course as we all now know, they didn't.

The US air force supplied these aliens with spare parts for their ship! I hope they checked the catalogue numbers were correct.

Apparently Mr Hall originally put his books out as fiction. Surprise, surprise.

The description of the aliens seems implausible. He says they come from a planet larger than ours, and that it has a higher level of gravity, yet the aliens are very tall, thin and frail. Unlikely, I think if they had evolved on a planet with more gravity than the earth they would be shorter and more robust.

I haven't heard his description of their hands or ears, he mentions their eyes, and of course they are different to ours. He mentions they are very fair skinned, and that their skin is like paper, yet they prefer a hot climate?? Have you seen the people on this planet that have evolved in the hotter regions? They don't have fair skin do they, just the opposite.

These aliens live for hundreds of years, really. There's no mention of how many offspring they bear at a time, one? Two? A litter of five or six? How quickly they would run out of room on their home planet.

Unfortunately I think this guy is just another 'Walter Mitty' character who is either delusional and really believes this twaddle, or is deliberately spinning a few fanciful yarns to make a few bob out of some poorly selling sci-fi novels.

Nothing extra-terrestrial here unfortunately, another waste of time.

What do you think?

Edited by Occams Razor
  • Like 2

Nothing extra-terrestrial here unfortunately, another waste of time.

What do you think?

:whistle:

I read that as "What do you think of Charles Lee" and had Assassin's Creed III flashbacks. Clearly I need more coffee.

I read that as "What do you think of Charles Lee" and had Assassin's Creed III flashbacks. Clearly I need more coffee.

Me too, I should have called this thread 'Tall Whites or Tall Tales".

:whistle:

I'm not too internet savvy, what does this mean??

You can tell I'm bored can't you.

Edited by Occams Razor

Me too, I should have called this thread 'Tall Whites or Tall Tales".

Between this and seeing the newest winter storm is named Virgil (Because I had an lol moment thinking of DMC3), I think I might just...Try to restart today. Clearly it's too magical already for me to handle.

I'm not too internet savvy, what does this mean??

You can tell I'm bored can't you.

lol, sorry, i was just reflecting back what you were saying basically re that there was nothing to it and all... anyways, i thought i'll contribute something here with more substance than just an emoticon, a video :P

watch from the 12th min mark...

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4QHquPGcok[/media]

i think that's ^^ the phenomenon behind some of the regurgitated claims we often hear, idk (i'm not saying that the guy in the op hasn't consciously cooked up that story doh), meh

Edited by mcrom901

I have to say I found it hard to keep a straight face while listening to his story. None of it seemed credible for the following reasons:

I have to quote you to reply, you already said it :D

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm new on the forum but I think I can explain some of your questions. In my research I believe Charles to be telling the truth, I could be wrong but it's what I believe.

That the American government supposedly spent many millions of dollars constructing an "alien base" for this visiting species at Nellis, and yet he, a weather observer, not a commissioned officer, "an enlisted man" was the only person allowed to interact with representatives of this alien species. What would happen when he was off shift, or on leave?

Charles has said that on many occasions he saw higher ups visiting and interacting with the Whites. Charles was used more as a "play pal" for the Whites. Someone that the Whites, adults and children, could observe and interact with. Their base was used as an airport/rest stop, new Whites would come and go. Charles was somewhat of an amusement park attraction or an animal in the zoo to curious beings who may have never seen a human before.

He was the only person to take the weather out there from what I understand. Who took over when he left though? That's a good question...I don't know.

I think the American president might have wanted a chat with them, not to mention a small team of physicists, engineers, medics, psychologists, theologists and military strategists. And why would the aliens only be interested in talking to a guy that sits on a hilltop in a deckchair and looks at clouds for a living. I think they would want to talk to someone far more interesting. I thought the same thing about Billy Mier. Why would aliens cross the galaxy to talk to a one armed woodcutter. Of course as we all now know, they didn't.

They didn't come here to "save us", this is a rest spot for them, just like the US Military has bases in the middle of the ocean. They only make agreements with us if they benefit from it. They don't feel the need to talk to our scientists, in my guess, probably because they are super intelligent and they know as a society we are not fit for interplanetary travel, we can barley get along as a planet at the moment.

Apparently Mr Hall originally put his books out as fiction. Surprise, surprise.

Ya, he admitted to changing some information to keep certain things like location and names private.

The description of the aliens seems implausible. He says they come from a planet larger than ours, and that it has a higher level of gravity, yet the aliens are very tall, thin and frail. Unlikely, I think if they had evolved on a planet with more gravity than the earth they would be shorter and more robust.

Maybe, but have you ever tested this?

I haven't heard his description of their hands or ears, he mentions their eyes, and of course they are different to ours. He mentions they are very fair skinned, and that their skin is like paper, yet they prefer a hot climate?? Have you seen the people on this planet that have evolved in the hotter regions? They don't have fair skin do they, just the opposite.

This is a good point. I would agree with you, but again it isn't certain. And being a smart man, which even if Charles is lying he definitely is smart, I would think he would have thought of this as it's pretty obvious.

These aliens live for hundreds of years, really. There's no mention of how many offspring they bear at a time, one? Two? A litter of five or six? How quickly they would run out of room on their home planet.

They may be from a planet 1000 times the size of earth or larger even, we don't know.

I am not gonna dig too deep in this. But I read the synopsis of his books. All I can say is that the story is too bizarre and doesn't really match with any of existing UFO stories out there.

EDIT: Even more, the aliens depicted by Hall seems to be mentally unstable. They are unstable to the degree that make you wonder how in the hell they could build a space-faring civilization without killing each other.

Edited by Ron Jeremy

OCCAMS RAZOR said-

He says they come from a planet larger than ours, and that it has a higher level of gravity, yet the aliens are very tall, thin and frail.

Unlikely, I think if they had evolved on a planet with more gravity than the earth they would be shorter and more robust.

SIMPLESERVICE said-

Maybe, but have you ever tested this?

no tests necessary, it's simple reasoning.

a creature from a planet with strong gravity wouldn't evolve to become tall & thin, they would have circulatory & respiratory difficulties, and they would need enormously dense bones & musculature to cope with the high gravity, and if their planet was "1000 times" as large as ours, it would have to be made from cardboard for them not to be pancaked to the ground all the time.

(welcome to UM, SS.....)

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 2

Shrooma,

Ya, I agree with your reasoning. What I meant is our biology and our planet is our only reference to reason from. It may sound logical, but it could be way different in reality.

They also have anti-gravity technology, so gravity might not be much of an influence on them.

Well said, I have not even looked at this guy yet but I'm not sure I need to. One of the worst things about this subject is, if you question people's word your somehow an evil debunking machine hell bent on helping the American government keep up some nefarious plot to control the universe. Believe it or not there are cases I think have the right signature to be the real deal. I do my best to concentrate on those cases but now and then I come on these blogs and get into the fight.

Recently I commented on the 1980s Bent-waters case and the slew of witness related storeys that seems to be growing by the hour. After thirty years of being sure that case had substance things started to fall apart at the seams in the past year.

One of the regular witnesses, first name Jim says so many new things each time his mouth moves it has become obvious there is a problem with the case. I actually became so annoyed with it I could not even talk about UFOs for months.

I like the vast majority of people have never seen anything I thought was alien in construction, but god knows I want to. Anyhow the cases I am now interested in are many of the Pilot cases, the 1976 Iranian AIr Force case, JAL 1628 over Alaska in 1986, West-all Australia 1966, the Belgian wave of 89-90 and so on. Even the Roswell incident peaks my interest and last year I spent about six months on it. Ok I will go read about this guy and get back to you shortly

Ok I spent the last few hours having a good look into this guy, well as best as can be done in two hours on the net. My feeling is the guy is a crack pot, but far from being the worst, perhaps he is in Line to become the next Greer, or Lazar, or Stone, ect