Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Jesus a....glitch?

ambelamba

Sometimes I wonder if the whole universe is a form of massive computer program. Considering the size and everything in this universe, there has to be some bugs and glitches. It's not a perfect cosmos. Some bugs here, some glitches over there. I wonder if so-called supernatural phenomenons are actually the results of 'glitches' in this universe.

What if Jesus was one of those glitches? What if even 10% of his miracles in the gospels have a kernel of truth, thanks to some amazing universal bug happened to Jesus?

Surely it's beyond blasphemous to call Jesus a glitch in the cosmos, but that's the very reason why I entertain myself with such thought, as an amateur blasphemer.

• Like 3

If this were so, perhaps the glitch was fixed and that's why we haven't seen any miracles since.

Or he's using a cheat code.

Walk on water cheat, extra lives cheat, health upgrade cheat (fish and bread, convert standard water to +5 wine)

• Like 9

If the universe were that sort of simulation, there would exist some kind of currency where you could buy the ability to do miracles.

hahaha Your picture is Ron Jeremy, and you think we live in the Matrix. Maybe talk to your doctor buddy :alien:

• Like 2

Sounds very Matrix like to me too. Even if it is a glitch, if it happened then Christians have nothing to worry about as Jesus is still sitting there at the controls save-gaming the good guys.

If he was a glitch and what he did just does not matter, then being a Christian is still a righteous life and not any more wrong then anyone else.

Still looks like a Win-Win for being a Christian from my POV.

• Like 3

Still looks like a Win-Win for being a Christian from my POV.

Well now we have Pascal's Wager. I wonder what Jupiter thinks of these Christians. Better find a temple of Jupiter and throw some incense on it every now and then -- just to be safe.

Well now we have Pascal's Wager. I wonder what Jupiter thinks of these Christians. Better find a temple of Jupiter and throw some incense on it every now and then -- just to be safe.

By Jove I think you diminish the importance of it all! ;)

All of life IS a wager so why not imagine God just being another one? It's an endless, answerless argument that we only learn the truth of upon death. So one idea really is as good as another if proof must be brought to bear. Fortunately for those of faith it is the faith itself and not the evidence of our senses which is the most important thing. It doesn't make us any better or worse than the rest - just more at peace. I'll take the peace.

I have a feeling your argument might irritate God -- that He wants people who belief on something more fundamental than just placing bets.

There is a passage in Buddhist text where the Buddha makes a similar claim about his teaching. Why not follow my practice, he says. Even if there is no karma and no rebirth, doing what I say leads to a happy and productive life.

• Like 2

If you're going to promote your guru as a god he has to do god like things, so to do that Jesus has to do some miracles whether or not they are true.

Ah but then I am a god as I do god-like things all the time. For example I am now listening to the music of a man who has been dead a couple hundred years.

• Like 3

If God is a glitch in the system then you can expect me to take exploit this bug so my experience is increased with what I would consider favorable advantages.

The problem I see in my own question is that if Jesus is indeed a glitch then anything is possible in the Bible, without any divine or holy implications. You can believe the actual resurrection and still believe that Jesus was not the GOD. Kinda weird for conventional believers.

Jesus a glitch? Then could god be a virus? Religion itself could be just a subroutine, making mankind a firewall? Like your thinking...

Sometimes I wonder if the whole universe is a form of massive computer program. Considering the size and everything in this universe, there has to be some bugs and glitches. It's not a perfect cosmos. Some bugs here, some glitches over there. I wonder if so-called supernatural phenomenons are actually the results of 'glitches' in this universe.

What if Jesus was one of those glitches? What if even 10% of his miracles in the gospels have a kernel of truth, thanks to some amazing universal bug happened to Jesus?

Surely it's beyond blasphemous to call Jesus a glitch in the cosmos, but that's the very reason why I entertain myself with such thought, as an amateur blasphemer.

:huh: And I thought I heard it all...

Three days later and nary an outraged, raving Christian tearing up the thread. Those #@$% Christians! You can't even count on them to get riled up when you poke at em!

• Like 1

If this were so, perhaps the glitch was fixed and that's why we haven't seen any miracles since.

I was cured of hepatitis C. Miracles still go on today. Thanks be to God and our Lord Jesus.
  • Like 1

I saw Jesus on the wing of an airplane when I was a 9 year child while it was boarding. Believe me Jesus is no glitch. Edited by notforgotten

By Jove I think you diminish the importance of it all! ;)

All of life IS a wager so why not imagine God just being another one? It's an endless, answerless argument that we only learn the truth of upon death. Wrong: I've seen Jesus and heard the Father's voice. I've also seen the Holy Spirit, demons and an angel! So one idea really is as good as another if proof must be brought to bear. Fortunately for those of faith it is the faith itself and not the evidence of our senses which is the most important thing. This is true. It doesn't make us any better or worse than the rest - just more at peace. I'll take the peace. And may God bless you.

Edited by notforgotten