Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Britain 'toughest immigration rules in world'

Still Waters

Ahead of a speech by the Prime Minister on Monday, Mark Harper, the immigration minister, suggested people will find it much harder to claim benefits shortly after arriving in Britain.

Mr Cameron is expected to unveil plans to stop immigrants getting council houses for up to five years after they come to Britain. They will also be forced to pay for visiting their family doctor and using other NHS services.

http://www.telegraph...s-minister.html

What a load of tat!!! many of them come here and breed to get the benefits and housing, what are the government going to do about them? they will not refuse housing and benefits for the children!!

• Like 7

Yeah - and I shall be Queen of the May, tra-la!!

Question....How can you tell when a politician is lying?........All together now.........................

• Like 6

Yeah - and I shall be Queen of the May, tra-la!!

Question....How can you tell when a politician is lying?........All together now.........................

How doe's it go: "Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason".

• Like 7

I think a lot of countries are having this problem. Its the reason benefits are being strained. I think you should have to live in a country for years and prove yourself as a productive citizen before qualifying for any benefits.

• Like 2

They wont be able to do this because it will break EU rules. so the only immigrants targeted is non EU migration. like all have said its a load of rubbish.

• Like 2

They wont be able to do this because it will break EU rules. so the only immigrants targeted is non EU migration. like all have said its a load of rubbish.

Agreed, the Bulgarian Prime Minister had written to the UK parliament long ago to get reassurance that their people choosing to move here after January will get full benefits and priority housing. They were warned that if they try to block this they will use the full weight of the EU courts to force the UK.

• Like 1

Anybody with any sense can see what that this is just a feeble attempt to recapture some of the kudos that UKIP have gained on this subject.

So predictable.

• Like 2

I think a lot of countries are having this problem. Its the reason benefits are being strained. I think you should have to live in a country for years and prove yourself as a productive citizen before qualifying for any benefits.

They should prove they have something to offer before coming here.

You give them a couple of years to prove themselves they would have gained a couple of children by then, and then we are stuck with them, and don`t they know it!

i would like to see if there is a survey out there showing the number of immigrants who have NOT had a child while here over the last 5 years.

• Like 1