Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Host

rashore

The Host is coming out in the theatres soon... It's based off the book by Stephanie Meyer. Yes, the same gal that did the Twilight series. I found the book a rather decent read, interesting story.

I'm hoping it will be just as good when it comes out in the theaters. Any one else planning on watching this when it comes out?

I'm hoping to see the movie as the book had a much better story than her others.

I just can't find the release date and school holidays start soon so I hope it's before then.

^3/29

Probably not going to see this, ever. Just not a fan of hers.

• Like 2

I didn't even know they were making a movie for this, I just watched the trailer after reading this thread. I read the book a couple of years ago and wasn't really impressed. It dragged on a lot and was too overly sappy for me. I'll probably take my nieces to see the movie though since one of them read it too and loved it.

more of the pale eye candies

Fell asleep watching twilight haven't made it past the first 15min of the first film so I doubt I would waste my time on the new film. But The Host 2006 is a great Korean film well worth watching.

• Like 2

I saw the movie last night and really only have 2 personal dislikes. Instead of amber contact lenses most the characters have bright blue and the girl who plays Melanie has a really annoying voice.

Apart from that I actually enjoyed the movie, purely entertainment no great in depth story but a good way to kill 2 hours. it's been so long since I read the book that I can't remember how close they kept it to the story but is was enjoyable. Probably a 7/10. :)

• 4 weeks later...