Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seal pup found in a forest

Still Waters

A seal pup was found in a forest in eastern Sweden on Sunday almost six kilometres (four miles) from the closest body of open water, raising questions as to how it got there, Swedish media reported.

http://phys.org/news...pup-forest.html

• Like 2

looks like someone lost their dinner , Oh how mad do you think the wife would be eh ?

Good thing it was Sweden. If it had been Canada they would've clubbed him over the head.

• Like 3

Good thing it was Sweden. If it had been Canada they would've clubbed him over the head.

Yawn. Nothing wrong with seal hunting. Seals arent endangered.

Reminds me when fish evolved from water to land, maybe it had enough of living in the sea.

A topic I just read from here was with reagards to a live bomb found in a squid.

One commentor jokingly connected that to the rouge armed dolphins.

Now whe have a land invasion by a seal. Perhaps this is the marine variety of Seal Team 6.

Folks, I think Nature is planning WAR against us.

• Like 3

Poor baby... :'( I hope he/she is able to find his/her mama if not, I hope old enough to survive on his own.

• Like 1

poor animal hope he or she make it back to his or her mother seriously!!!:) and Fr Bavarian raven stop that whole they aren't endangered b.s. how would you like it if you were a seal and I came to hunt you.that's no reason to say lets hunting seals just because they aren't endangered.That how Buffalo's almost got extinct by like people like you saying let's go hunting

• Like 1

Those navy seals get everywhere... no surprise they leave some pups along the way.

Lucky he was found in a friendly country else he would be paraded in front of the media as a western spy.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4

Did anyone else know that seal the musical performers deformed face was caused by him being attacked by a seal when he was young?... I knoW! far OUt EH!

• Like 1

poor animal hope he or she make it back to his or her mother seriously!!! :) and Fr Bavarian raven stop that whole they aren't endangered b.s. how would you like it if you were a seal and I came to hunt you.that's no reason to say lets hunting seals just because they aren't endangered.That how Buffalo's almost got extinct by like people like you saying let's go hunting

seals are not DeGeneres. ALIENS MAN!! ALIENS!!!

maybe a big bird/hunting bird picked it up? i dont know what bird would be big enough to pick up a seal pup but just a thought..

Did anyone else know that seal the musical performers deformed face was caused by him being attacked by a seal when he was young?... I knoW! far OUt EH!

All I've got is the metal image of the old circus act with a seal playing carhorns in tune to get a reward of a fish...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I thought animals have an instinct in returning to their own habitat especially water specimen, seal in this case? seal has been well known for a distant traveler, as they do travel for miles to find food and they tend to have some places to go more than one place, but they still go to the same places randomly, from time to time (seasonally). It's weird to me that, little pup couldn't smell water. I don't think it's lost by it self but there could be some other reason to that. owww poor thing :-(

Edited by Mindscanner

I thought animals have an instinct in returning to their own habitat especially water specimen, seal in this case? seal has been well known for a distant traveler, as they do travel for miles to find food and they tend to have some places to go more than one place, but they still go to the same places randomly, from time to time (seasonally). It's weird to me that, little pup couldn't smell water. I don't think it's lost by it self but there could be some other reason to that. owww poor thing :-(

You have a point about their sense of direction and smell, perhaps poor mum was taken by a land predator and her remains / scent carried with the animal back to it's own natural habitat in the forest. Poor baby may have been determined to find his mom. :cry:

Did anyone else catch that tear?

Now I know the biology experts are going to come and say actually it's not a tear....

• 3 weeks later...

He was looking for an octopus...