Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

British Woman in India Shouted for Help 1hr

libstaK

A British woman who jumped from a hotel balcony in India fearing a sexual assault said she shouted for help for more than an hour before she fled.

Read more:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/03/25/12/53/british-woman-in-india-shouted-for-help-for-hours

Also from the article:

Prakash Narayan Sharma, lawyer for the hotel manager Sachin Chauhan, told AFP his client was being framed and claimed Davies had invented the story.

He also claimed it was a conspiracy concocted by tourism authorities in New Delhi to tarnish the image of Agra, which is home to the Taj Mahal, a major tourist attraction.

I would have more reason to believe the possibility of the Hotel Manager being framed if his lawyer had not followed up with the ridiculous statement in bold. :unsure2:

• Like 1

Its India

The Taj Mahal is 'untouchable' and the competitors will milk and squeeze this to their advantage to no ends, happens a lot in Far Asian perspectives, hear about Island resorts hoaxing a dengue outbreak on rival islands just to secure a fat tv series location contract ? :lol:

Doesn't mean I think its one way or the other for the accused, I don't know enough to come to any decision yet

~edit : elaboration

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1

Why would tourism authorities would want to do this. It doesn't make sense. Plus jumping out of a second story window just to frame someone, I don't buy that especially considering how many women are raped there.

• Like 2

Why would tourism authorities would want to do this. It doesn't make sense. Plus jumping out of a second story window just to frame someone, I don't buy that especially considering how many women are raped there.

the woman might have 'over reacted' due to the very same reasons

the people in the tourism industries would take advantage, not necessary 'authorities', its part of the game, better the tourist dollars stay still in India than going elsewhere, there will be bad press all over Asia, unavoidable, its a game they must play, difference is the dollars are real, and the repercussions, very real.

Asia is the most competitive market for tourist dollars now

My mother went to India for an period of time. If you assaulted an Indian woman there you would have the whole town on your but foreign women were fair game.