Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

School bans "dangerous" flapjacks

TheLastLazyGun

Britain was the country which kept calm and carried on during the Blitz, and thought it a mere trifle when Doodlebugs and V2 ballistic missiles flew overhead before turning populated housing estates into huge craters.

Now, a mere 70 years later, we've become terrified of triangular-shaped flapjacks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-21923218

• Like 1

I'd love to visit there someday, but my God, how people put up with this crap is beyond me.

• Like 1

Can't have those things slapping you in the face.

Flapjacks don't hurt people, people hurt people.

Britain, you've gone mad, first you chase after some poor mother for 4 weeks for joking about egging a polie to a friend on facebook, now this. What is going on?

• Like 2

"The real issue isn't what shape the flapjacks are, but the fact that pupils are throwing them at each other - and that's a matter of discipline, and has got nothing to do with health and safety as we know it."

Exactly.

I hope they don't serve those in prisons over there. The prisoners are likely to start shanking each other with them. :whistle:

• Like 4

Perhaps if the cooks didn't overcook them they wouldn't be hard enough to hurt someone with. This story is just...just..... :innocent:

The school might ban triangle shaped chocolate Toblerones next.

Besides being unhealthy, Doritos (having a triangle shape) will also be doomed.

They missed a good headline: "What's All the Flap About?" (or perhaps that saying is just an Americanism?)

However, it is true that when students throw things, they do tend to aim at the face.

• Like 1

Aren't pencils and pens far more dangerous? Ban them !!! :passifier:

• Like 2

I'd love to visit there someday, but my God, how people put up with this crap is beyond me.

Goodness you're right! We'd better all take up arms, and get back our right to triangular flapjack American style...

Might as well ban triangle shapes used in maths. Or just ban every shaped object

That's it. As the faux head of the Department of Education I hereby ban all schools.

They are just much too dangerous of an environment.

• 2 weeks later...

I could just imagine the idiotic conversation from the PTA meeting demanding an answer from the education board to how they were going to ensure this never happened again, I assume the kid got pointed in the eye by the pancake.

I don't blame the education heads that put this through, with all the stupid s*** people get sued for these days.

HEADLINE: PARENT SUES SCHOOL FOR PROVIDING WEAPONS IN THE FORM OF NUTRITION

******* ***** ****** **** *** **** ** ***** **** *** ******* ***** - censored :P

If you outlaw triangular flapjacks, only criminals will have them.

I'd cut every circular pancake into a triangle before I ate it anyways just for fun. And say thanks for the extra food (cut off pieces )