Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does the Spirit World exist?

Jor-el

Does the Spirit world exist?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Doess the Spirit world exist?

• No, it doesn't, only the material universe exists. We live and we die, gameover.
    • The spirtual world as we call it is merely an extension of the physical universe.
    • There may be a spirtual world, but since I have never experienced it, I remain a skeptic.
    • Yes the spirit world exists, but that does not mean that it is the biblical one.
    • Yes, the spirit world exists, as expressed by the bible.

I would ask that you to take the poll before continuing any discussion, so that we can get a clear view of peoples opinions... thanxs.

I ran across this article today while searching for the story about a physician who heard his twins speaking what sounded like a foreign language, only to discover, with the help of linguistics experts, that the language was Aramaic, the language spoken during the times of and in the region where Jesus resided. The article, published in the Llewellyn Journal: New Worlds of Body, Mind & Spirit, is written by Wilma Davidson. Please enjoy!

Is There Proof the Spirit World Exists?

by Wilma Davidson

Is there any proof that the Spirit World exists? Some folks want positive evidence, and many scientists are skeptical of the possibility of life after death. But, look out! This attitude may soon change as new technology is creating equipment which can do amazing things. Already available is equipment that can read air temperature changes. Is this the next miracle about to be revealed? It’s hard to believe, but Nexus New Times and Reuters reports that scientists are developing mind-reading technology in collaboration with researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. So far the implications are that mind-reading computers offer endless potential when used in science, but what about when they are used to link into spirits? Now that’s an interesting thought, and opens up a whole new spectrum!

We humans already fall into three very separate categories:

1. Those of us who believe in the world of spirit, life after death, and reincarnation.
  2. The folks who have an open mind but no firm conviction
  3. Those who are adamant that death is the end and will remain so until they are shown solid proof

So will this computer be able to link into a spirit presence in a building? Yes, it sounds very far-fetched, but remember the mind lives on after death and so do our senses. So, if this nifty gadget can link into human senses, then technically it should also be able to link into the senses of a deceased spirit. An “emotionally aware” computer is expected to read human thoughts by analyzing a range of facial movements and has been designed to diagnose a person’s mental state.

This new technology is designed as a tool to aid reaction, online teaching and tailored advertising. Now that this new line of thought has opened up, perhaps it won’t be too long before the potential is recognized and a “spirit detecting model” is on sale!

Remember, we are all energy and after death we are still energy, so could this computer give proof of life after death and detect the presence of spirits?

Source: http://www.channelingerik.com/is-there-proof-the-spirit-world-exists/

I voted like the bible said. It was the nearest.

I guess I choose to believe in a "spirit world"; I truly hope there is "something else" after I die.

I guess I choose to believe in a "spirit world"; I truly hope there is "something else" after I die.

There was something before life, so there has to be something after life.

Yay Heaven!!

:tsu:

• Like 1

It is such a hard ideology for one to fathom. It would take an immense amount of evidence for me to believe; I must witness the phenomena solely. However, I happen to lack much proof of this matter, yet my belief in it is absolute. Life without an afterlife and before-life wouldn't make much sense through my eyes. Death—something we must all learn to accept during our journey. But what is it that awaits us after journeying the most precious gift of all—life?

Currently scientists have been only able to prove that we are living physically; eventually we cease to exist without knowing what lies in store after that. The oldest pending, and quite possibly most popular question ever that has yet to be manifested: What happens when we die? An extraordinary question of pure consciousness and indefinite curiosity.

Still—how could you be now, without having been once before, and having to be eventually. Past—present—future... All of which are illusion and component of time. Time too is an illusion made up of a consciousness created by human. Present—the ceaseless flow of life and energy.

Edited by Collateral Damage
  • Like 1

I had to go with the second option,though im not entirely convinced it could not be the 4th option.My vote would actually be close to 50/50 on this one.

I chose yes, with the bible answer though that's as with my understanding of Jehovah and forgiveness not sure if it's the same as the bible as I haven't read that since I was a child.

I do believe in spirits and use to have some mediumship abilities and be able to pass over information I didn't know to others. I've also felt Jehovah around me when I've really needed him even though I don't go to church or anything but I do believe in him.

Could you define spirit world? And one of the questions says spiritual world, not spirit world, do you consider it the same thing? I like the questions.

I voted for non biblical. But the rest of it is not going to come to fruit. I keep up a bit in these things and these mind reading machines still just analyze the brain... It makes no sense to say they might be capable if connecting with spirits. The problem between science and the spirit world is that science is based upon philosophical materialism ( and rightly so). A materialistic methodology is incapable of analyzing something non physical. If we are part of a non physical reality we are only going to be able to experience it with that part of us which is non physical. inheriantly at odds with scientific proof.

I voted non-biblical too. I find it hard to believe that spirits would need gold-paved roads and mansions or such... or that any god would think we needed all those trappings.

Who knows though, really? Dead people I guess.

• Like 1

I absolutely believe in the spirit world. Saw a ghost.

EDIT: Have to admit I had a hard time deciding which poll option to choose.

Edited by Hilander

I had to go with the second option,though im not entirely convinced it could not be the 4th option.My vote would actually be close to 50/50 on this one.

I voted for both of these, I hope you guys realize that you could choose more than one option at the same time... :yes:

Could you define spirit world? And one of the questions says spiritual world, not spirit world, do you consider it the same thing? I like the questions.

In essence I am not differentiating between the two. The "spirit world" and the "spirtual world" are one and the same thing, although there is now a modern tendency to define spirutality in non spiritual terms. As in appreciating nature is a spirtual approach to maintaining your balance in this world.

It is an attempt to deflate the meaning of the term without losing the vocabulary.

In my view, the spirit world is that which is beyond our physical world. It is the abode of the dead, their spiritual bodies exist in this place. The place itself has a sort of geography to it, and being in one place there is not the same as being in another.

In christian terms, we could define this as the place of the saved and the place of the damned. We could add to this a place of the lost, those that are neither saved or damned. But in essence, we are talking of the spirit world, a place of demons and angels, of heaven and hell among other well known concepts.

Edited by Jor-el

I voted non-biblical too. I find it hard to believe that spirits would need gold-paved roads and mansions or such... or that any god would think we needed all those trappings.

Who knows though, really? Dead people I guess.

Yet they are described in ways that only the living can relate to. Do you think that the language is simply a metaphor because we cannot imagine what its like there, or is it more the case of the physical world being a reflection of the spiritual and if there are houses in one, then why wouldn't there be houses in the other?

I voted for both of these, I hope you guys realize that you could choose more than one option at the same time... :yes:

I already cast my vote,wont let me go back :lol:

If one can accept the existance of God, than the spirit world becomes the ultimately true reality of us all. It may be hard for some to accept, but if you accept God, you accept the spirit world. That is the bargain.

• Like 1

Stephen Hawking and I believe that when we die, we are just dead. ( Did you all notice to give myself more validity I included Stephen Hawking? )

I chose the 'skeptic' answer because I have never experienced it. Been bedside at the passing of family members and haven't felt any 'presence' or 'spirit' or anything. However, I don't rule it out as possible. I'm reading 'The New Science of Psychedelics' by David Jay Brown on Scribd and one of the chapters is 'What Happens to Consciousness after Death?' Quite a variety of responses...

Stephen Hawking and I believe that when we die, we are just dead. ( Did you all notice to give myself more validity I included Stephen Hawking? )

Mr. Hawking believes black holes are tape recorders.

• Like 1

If one can accept the existance of God, than the spirit world becomes the ultimately true reality of us all. It may be hard for some to accept, but if you accept God, you accept the spirit world. That is the bargain.

Or virtually any god for that matter.

In essence I am not differentiating between the two. The "spirit world" and the "spirtual world" are one and the same thing, although there is now a modern tendency to define spirutality in non spiritual terms. As in appreciating nature is a spirtual approach to maintaining your balance in this world.

It is an attempt to deflate the meaning of the term without losing the vocabulary.

In my view, the spirit world is that which is beyond our physical world. It is the abode of the dead, their spiritual bodies exist in this place. The place itself has a sort of geography to it, and being in one place there is not the same as being in another.

In christian terms, we could define this as the place of the saved and the place of the damned. We could add to this a place of the lost, those that are neither saved or damned. But in essence, we are talking of the spirit world, a place of demons and angels, of heaven and hell among other well known concepts.

Thanks for the clarification. One of the great things about questions like this is it helps me clarify & better define my own beliefs.

I remain open to the possibility that consciousness (or mind, spirit etc.) continues to exist in some form after biological extinction but nothing in my experience has shown this to be true and the purported evidence of life after death appears to be vague and inconclusive.

If biological extinction is not the end I cannot conceive of an afterlife having any resemblance to the classical religious depictions of the 'soul' and even new age spiritual thinking with its assertions that the energy which constitutes consciousness ascends to another plane of being seems to be somehow inadequate in describing what happens upon physical extinction.

If life after death is real it may be completely alien to any hitherto conception of an 'afterlife' and whose to say it would be any better than our present lives? Perhaps nothingness and oblivion is preferable to something beyond our comprehension and completely removed from our superstitious preconceptions and notions of life after death?

Edited by stillvoice

I remain open to the possibility that consciousness (or mind, spirit etc.) continues to exist in some form after biological extinction but nothing in my experience has shown this to be true and the purported evidence of life after death appears to be vague and inconclusive.

If biological extinction is not the end I cannot conceive of an afterlife having any semblance to the classical religious depictions of the 'soul' and even new age spiritual thinking with its assertions that the energy which constitutes consciousness ascends to another plane of being seems to be somehow inadequate in describing what happens upon physical extinction.

If life after death is real it may be completely alien to any hitherto conception of an 'afterlife' and whose to say it would be any better than our present lives? Perhaps nothingness and oblivion is preferable to something beyond our comprehension and completely removed from our superstitious preconceptions and notions of life after death?

Mormon belief. The majorty of us will be living on earth. Some in the capital city(for want of a better word), all will get their bodies back. These bodies will not have any blood in them. Some of us and all of the fallen angels will end unp in outer darkness(hell), it is called that'due the lack of gods presence. Some of us will live with god, some of those will become gods.

Whether a spirit world exists or not, there is no evidence for it. That being so, there is no substantial difference between it existing and not existing. So as a practical matter, it doesn't exist.

Doug