Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can You Identify This Creature?

Still Waters

It looks like a lion. It doesn't appear to be large enough to be one though. And a young lion wouldn't have a mane that size. Of course, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

• Like 3

Its typical bull is what it is.

Regular old one grainy photograph. Not a rare species by any means.

• Like 2

Perhaps everyone should have the number of a local cryptzoologist in their phone should these incidents arise. At least that person would take it home and figure it out, instead of an online community scrutinizing about a photo that may not even be real. No sour grapes though, it's not like we have anything better to do. LOL

• Like 2

I vote alligator! Lol!

If this is indeed a photo of a real animal then I have a problem with the nostrils and the top of the skull. Seems like there are two empty eye sockets, but I don't see any nostrils and the skull seems flat although I can't see any signs of it being crushed..

If this is a hoax, again, then I have a stern, shame on you!, for the hoaxer. How frustrating has life been for us armchair cryptozoologists to try and figure out what these grainy, out of focus, off angle, single shot pictures are of!

I know, it may seem like a harsh scolding but it needed to be said.

• Like 1

I think whoever took the picture knew it was a dead dog. No mystery here, move along.

[sNIFF][sNIFF}....I agree, I smell a hoax here.

If any of us had found those remains, we would be trying to get DNA testing done, not asking people on Utube to respond to a questionaire.

• Like 2

i don't believe its a chupacabra could i be wrong yes and if i am that's okay but this from the looks of it does not look like one.i seen pictures and seen does fit the info i know of.but its a mysterious animal alright and does look like a unknown creature

Oh crikey's they killed ManBearPigs son. :gun:

Looks like someone dumped their dead dog. It's obviously in a black plastic bin liner, the photographer has just pulled back the plastic a bit exposing the carcass.

• Like 1

awww my post got deleted about nk being this here critter inbreed munchkins lol

Amazing how you never see much of this stuff on national news.

Amazing how you never see much of this stuff on national news.

:lol:

I'm going to say canine also. I was thinking it was about the right size for a fox, and the fur is about the right color, but the fur looks too fluffy for a fox. So I'm voting for some kind of mixed breed dog.

It actually looks dried out to me. Look at the soft tissues around the mouth. Stretched out and wrinkled. Probably it died under someone house and mummified a little.

I think it is bear. But I don't have an answer to the bag issue.

The picture doesn't look like the rural American Southwest because the American Southwest is desert not grass. Btw the animal looks like a dog or monkey

The jaws are too wide-set for any dog I can think of.. There is something that nags to me about the proportions of it.

I truly do agree with the votes of dog, but no dog I've seen has such wide set teeth, and its fur seems to be tacked on or something.

I having the feeling that someone constructed this.

I would prefer it be a hoax because what kind of person puts their dead pet in a trash bag and just dumps it? That's just wrong.

• Like 2