Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the NFL ready for an openly gay star?

Commander CMG

Maybe he would just like to go out with his partner for dinner on occasions, or on holiday, to parties, sports events without all the tongue wagging or it hitting the sports headlines.

He may just want to be like any regular couple.. nothing wrong with that.

There's ways to handle it, I guess. Look at Anderson Cooper, he didn't say anything for years, and he didn't really even care if anybody knew, or found out. He handled the situation like a pro.

Thank you, xsas! That's what I'm saying. They don't need to hide, but there is no reason flaunt it either.

• Like 1

There's ways to handle it, I guess. Look at Anderson Cooper, he didn't say anything for years, and he didn't really even care if anybody knew, or found out. He handled the situation like a pro.

I guess there are no right an wrong ways to handle this.. It will all boil down to the individual and how much it means to them, some people are torn apart from hiding it and they shouldn't be, look at our own Gareth Thomas.. His life has improved after coming out out and no one actually gives a damn about his sexuality.

A man or woman should live their life as they want to, with the partner of their choice and as long as they can accept and understand some of the criticism they will encounter, then thats OK.

• Like 1

I can see the point. If your openly living the lifestyle and you're a celebrity, it may be a good idea to put it out there.

4 gay NFL players could come out on the same day, Brendon Ayanbadejo says

"I think it will happen sooner than you think," Ayanbadejo said. "We're in talks with a handful of players who are considering it. There are up to four players being talked to right now and they're trying to be organized so they can come out on the same day together. It would make a major splash and take the pressure off one guy. It would be a monumental day if a handful or a few guys come out."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/5/4186668/gay-nfl-players-announcment-brendon-ayanbadejo

Coming out as a gay is bound to be described as "flaunting" it by the homophobes.

• Like 1