Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you noticed changes in weather patterns?

OverSword

Back in the old days we called minus 25 to 30 c below 0 was cold now we think minus 10 c is cold.

The reason for this post is because of what I've seen in local weather patterns here in the pacific northwest of the USA. Ever since I was a child when the morning weather report on TV showed a satelite image of weather the cloud patterns always....always blew down from Alaska and British Columbia, Canada then would kind of reach Portland and swirl back up to Seattle in a circular pattern. For the past 2 years however I notice that now the clouds seem to be pushed up from California. The area of the map that has always been shown is just the state of Washington, the north part of Oregon and the southern part of British Columbia and the pacific ocean next to Washington so I realy can't tell exactly what's going on but it is glaringly obvious that wind patterns have significantly changed and yet no mention of this is ever made by the local meteorologists.

Do any of you see this same type of thing happening in the sattelite views on your local weather reports?

Yeah, apparently our solar maximum never happened for this cycle, and by all appearances we are heading into another Maunder Minimum.

Yeah, apparently our solar maximum never happened for this cycle, and by all appearances we are heading into another Maunder Minimum.

Yet the current temperatures (global mean) is at its highest for at least 1000years.

Its not helpful to confuse local Northern Atlantic weather with global climate.

What we are experiencing is changes to the prevailing regional weather patterns across the globe.

Br Cornelius