Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Monsanto Protection Act passed

Ashotep

That is not selective breeding - that is GMO lite.

You may have convinced yourself, but your not fooling anyone here.

Br Cornelius

I dont have to post cancer statistics to want labeling of a food product. Sorry to tell you. Id rather name and shame those like Senator Blunt.

[...]

Sorry to tell you, but here it is

inc_rates_usa_zps62a5f382.png

(sources in the graph)

Point me, where did GM related cancer kicked in. GM foods do harm even in small amount, right? So, again, please show data instead of half-witted RT videos (or YT).

Dammit... Edit: spelling

Edited by bmk1245

That is not selective breeding - that is GMO lite.

You may have convinced yourself, but your not fooling anyone here.

Br Cornelius

What?! GMO lite now? Of course its not in the same drawer as Monsanto... Its BASF... heck, another scary brand to chew for fearmongers...

Now tell me: is bigger seed means more health to you?

If I will put plants on the stress with so called "organic bastardizators", will they be GMO lite as well?

If I will put plants under natural stress, will they be GMO lite as well?

Edit to add: spelling

Edited by bmk1245

What?! GMO lite now? Of course its not in the same drawer as Monsanto... Its BASF... heck, another scary brand to chew for fearmongers...

Now tell me: is bigger seed means more health to you?

If I will put plants on the stress with so called "organic bastardizators", will they be GMO lite as well?

If I will put plants under natural stress, will they be GMO lite as well?

Edit to add: spelling

Force mutation by chemical actions and lets just see what happens.

Not the same as selective breeding at all.

Br Cornelius

bmk I feel your too ignorant on the subject to have a conversation with. Im sure all those people living around Fukushima when it blew arent in the cancer statistics YET!! But we know they will be as will children from California to Japan as there already showing thyroid problems a known precancerous condition caused by exposure to radiation that takes many years to develop.

If the only independent studies are not good enough for you then I wish you the best in your GMO diet filled future. Here where I live I want it labeled or banned. PERIOD !!

Many other countries already have done so.

Tell me why would a company need to protect itself from litigation if it didnt know its product was harmful ? :cry:

• Like 2

Force mutation by chemical actions and lets just see what happens.

Not the same as selective breeding at all.

Br Cornelius

So why exclude GM?! Why there is no fking peep about induced mutation breeding? Thats efking hypocrisy. BTW, what that (induced mutation breeding) technique caused health/environment damages? Any research? Please do post link

So why exclude GM?! Why there is no fking peep about induced mutation breeding? Thats efking hypocrisy. BTW, what that (induced mutation breeding) technique caused health/environment damages? Any research? Please do post link

nonsensical and trying to evade the language filter. tsk tsk.

bmk I feel your too ignorant on the subject to have a conversation with. Im sure all those people living around Fukushima when it blew arent in the cancer statistics YET!! But we know they will be as will children from California to Japan as there already showing thyroid problems a known precancerous condition caused by exposure to radiation that takes many years to develop.

If the only independent studies are not good enough for you then I wish you the best in your GMO diet filled future. Here where I live I want it labeled or banned. PERIOD !!

Many other countries already have done so.

Tell me why would a company need to protect itself from litigation if it didnt know its product was harmful ? :cry:

Hah, Fukushima you come up with. If you are a bit slow to understand, I'll try to put in simpler words: you were fed with the same "Fukushima" stuff non-GM (irradiated stuff, mutated stuff) without any peep from you. Just check (and parents of yours) breeds you've been fed with. Maybe that feed was lacking B12, cause grinders are rotating too slow in your mind.

And label. Why not label organic variaties where they come from? You do realize, that "organic foodsters" will p*** on all possible media channels just to avoid that?

nonsensical and trying to evade the language filter. tsk tsk.

Language filter avoidance yes...

Test - put facts, you know - numbers, skaicius, цифра блять

My last words are your ignorant. Im really not going to have a argument with you as you have presented nothing but vitriol.

20,000 Indian suicides because there promised better crop yield and x4 seed cost caused them to go into debt to Monsanto and in India debt doesnt get passed onto the family so they kill themselves. Yeah thats progress or you probably think there lives are less meaningful anyways.

2006:

2012:

• Like 1

My last words are your ignorant.[...]

Who's talking, heh?

Heh, do you even watched video you posted, huh?! Are you aware of situation in India?!!! Jeez; how Americans went to the Moon?.... Thats beyond me....

We are aware of the malign influence of Monsanto within India. They are doing much the same when they prosecute farmers in America, Britain, Canada. The difference is its not quite such a life and death issue as in India.

The interests of Monsanto have nothing to do with better feeding the world - just feeding their bank accounts.

Br Cornelius

@BR this ones kinda hilarious and sad at the same time.....

and yes Im aware of the current state of India regarding Monsanto:

http://www.politicolnews.com/india-state-bans-gmo-bt-cotton-licenses-permanently/

• Like 1

Br,asteroid no offense because i enjoy learning even more than i already know about nutrition and what you guys are argueing against (and know far more about) modified BS that is passed of as man made and nutritious :rolleyes: This was the first troll i ran into when i joined this forum,give'em hell and the truth no matter if he will eat it or not ;)

• Like 1

A few more years and the numbers will be staggering!Nothing is known as harmful till the full effects are realized.Then the blame will be pushed on something else,wait and see (shakes head that people can be so stupid)

• Like 1

If it keeps this important issue on the forefront and helps a few more people become aware of exactly of what this problem is Ill deal with the troll happily. :tu:

• Like 1

Hypothetical situation: guy leases brand new Volvo XC90 he can't afford. He goes into debt, and kills himself...

Food for thought (few facts): population of India increased by ~25% (1997-2012). Corn production increased by ~200% 100% (1997-2012).

Can't afford to buy Monsanto's seeds? Grow efking tulips.

Edit: spelling

Edited by bmk1245

Corn production increased by

Thats funny because as far as Im aware they never used Monsanto corn just BT cotton.

Thats funny because as far as Im aware they never used Monsanto corn just BT cotton.

I brought it just to show how much pressure is put on the land.

And Bt cotton... Can't afford Bt cotton? Grow tulips...

I brought it just to show how much pressure is put on the land.

And Bt cotton... Can't afford Bt cotton? Grow tulips...

Indian farmers were able to seed save and did not have a large anual bill for new seed every years. It is the seed cost and cost of roundup which has forced them into debt and suicide.

Replace an independent and sustainable farm practice with one which ties you to a single monoply supplier.

You see, that is the primary objective of Monsanto, to make the world dependent on its products and to prosecute anyone who resists this attempt to achieve world hegomony in food production. As such they are a branch of the bigger American project to achieve world hegamony on all levels.

They don't even deliver on their claimed benefits - they do not feed the world, they make the world far more vunerable to a food crisis as they are systematically reducing the biodiversity within the agricutural sector. Anyone who claims to understand genetics will fully understand that a single genetic strain is a natural distaster waiting to happen.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Indian farmers were able to seed save and did not have a large anual bill for new seed every years. It is the seed cost and cost of roundup which has forced them into debt and suicide.[...]

Have you seen this research (lengthy, but worth to read)? What was the yield before and after Bt cotton introduction?

BTW, how do you know, for example, that huge increase in corn production (non-GM) isn't the cause of increased suicides? Different regions might have been suffering losses in production, leading, consequently, to more suicides.

[...]

Replace an independent and sustainable farm practice with one which ties you to a single monoply supplier.

You see, that is the primary objective of Monsanto, to make the world dependent on its products and to prosecute anyone who resists this attempt to achieve world hegomony in food production. As such they are a branch of the bigger American project to achieve world hegamony on all levels.

They don't even deliver on their claimed benefits - they do not feed the world, they make the world far more vunerable to a food crisis as they are systematically reducing the biodiversity within the agricutural sector. Anyone who claims to understand genetics will fully understand that a single genetic strain is a natural distaster waiting to happen.

Br Cornelius

But thats the situation I'd somewhat compare to discussion in this thread (where psyche puts very good arguments): all this anti-GMO hysteria just worsens situation - new potential players (companies and investors) instead of creating new companies and new better, safer and cheaper GMOs, just turn their "eyes" somewhere else,