Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

10 Dinosaur Myths That Need To Go Extinct

Still Waters

Dinosaurs are nature’s celebrities. We love them. Many of us, in the near-ubiquitous “dinosaur phase” of our youth, quickly master names like Tyrannosaurus, Diplodocus, and—the challenge of any young fossil fan—Pachycephalosaurus by the time we start kindergarten.

But dinosaurs are changing so fast that the monstrous creatures we imagine in our youth become strangers as scientific discovery continues to tweak what we know about them.

http://www.tor.com/b...d-to-go-extinct

• 3 months later...

Yeah..me too. I often wondered what use those tiny arms were to a tyrannosaurus but still, I would think their head and neck muscles had to be very strong because they needed it to grab hold of their food as they wrenched pieces off.

I am thinking the good ol' Tyrannosaurus scavenged more than it hunted.

All the points in that link i already know about.Good to read. It will be very interesting for those who don't know much about Dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs have always fascinated me! This was a great article for those just getting into the age of dinosaurs :)

• Like 1

It was crushing dissapointment to learn that velociraptor was not much more than an angry turkey with teeth and claws. I was still a kid when I saw Jurassic Park, and that is the image that will stay with me, even if false.

It was crushing dissapointment to learn that velociraptor was not much more than an angry turkey with teeth and claws. I was still a kid when I saw Jurassic Park, and that is the image that will stay with me, even if false.

Perhaps you can take some comfort in knowing that the velociraptor in Jurassic Park was actually more like Utahraptor.

cormac