Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Please help,lost watch with sentimental value

VictoriaLeeds

Hi, I'm new here but please don't be put off by that.

I've read quite a lot of lost item threads on here that people have received help on and I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me.

I have an Omega watch that I bought with money I got when my Gran died. It doesn't fit at the moment so I've been storing it in one of my wardrobes with my dress shoes but I recently moved it to a "safer" place and I can't remember where that was. I have looked everywhere I can think of and tried a few online guides for finding things but no joy :(

If I do get any help I promise to keep updating with any news, thank you for reading.

• Like 1

I feel like it's hidden in an obvious yet hidden place. Maybe in a closet corner behind unused shoes or something.

I feel like it's hidden in an obvious yet hidden place. Maybe in a closet corner behind unused shoes or something.

It's funny because that's exactly where it used to be. It was by the high heel of a nice pair of shoes but I then moved it and now I could kick myself.

I will certainly have a look underneath a couple of items of furniture and come back to you.

This is a stock picture of the watch but mine is the same as this, if it helps.

post-138234-0-66523100-1364380187_thumb.

• Like 1

Did you put it in a keepsake box in a closet or in a shoe box of some sort in a closet? I feel like it is in a smaller space within a space such as a bag, box, etc. within a closet or drawer. Bathroom drawer maybe?

I've just been through where I keep my handbags and it wasn't in any of them. I've looked in my shoe cupboard again but no joy. I don't have any drawers in my bathroom but I've had a look through what storage there is in there.

Is there any information I could give that would help you help me?

• Like 1

I've just been through where I keep my handbags and it wasn't in any of them. I've looked in my shoe cupboard again but no joy. I don't have any drawers in my bathroom but I've had a look through what storage there is in there.

Is there any information I could give that would help you help me?

I FEEL LIKE ITS IN A POCKET OR A SOCK IN A DRAWER OR A CLOSET

can you tell me more about the last day you seen it

Edited by MR.Blueprint

I FEEL LIKE ITS IN A POCKET OR A SOCK IN A DRAWER OR A CLOSET

can you tell me more about the last day you seen it

I remember seeing it behind a pair of shoes and thinking it wasn't safe there and I'd better move it. I stood on the landing and ran the strap around my hand a couple of times while I thought what to do with it. I can only think I got distracted because after that I have no recollection of what I did or where I went. The first I was aware that it was gone was when I went to put it on on Christmas Day and it wasn't with my shoes.

Pockets is something I do but I've checked all my coat pockets and it hasn't turned up. I've had all the socks out my sock drawer and it's not there either.

Look underneath your car's seats.. if not there, look in your laundry.

I changed my car in August which I think is around the time I lost it, but I will give it a go and I'll go through my laundry.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's not in my laundry basket, I'm starting to wonder if I'll see it again.

I don't understand the mental block I'm having about the day I moved it either. I'm pretty sure it's the day I took some clothes to the charity shop and I get a dreadful feeling that it might have accidentally gone in with them :(

I'm having a vague memory of putting it in my jeans pocket, but then nothing after that. If it's fallen out in my old car, or somewhere outside I'd be devastated. I'm sending myself crazy over this

So the last time you saw the watch on your arm was on the landing and a vague memory of then putting it in your jean pocket , do you remember exactly where you went that day ? Do you still have those jeans?

So the last time you saw the watch on your arm was on the landing and a vague memory of then putting it in your jean pocket , do you remember exactly where you went that day ? Do you still have those jeans?

Hi, thanks for replying, yes the last time I remember seeing it I was stood at the top of my stairs. The watch is too small for me at the moment so I wasn't wearing it, just looking over it as I hadn't seen it in a while. I'm pretty sure it's the day I then went out and took some bags to the charity shop in my previous car, but I could be wrong. I'm panicking now so my brain isn't helping me. I think I still have the jeans but they'll have been through the wash and I always check pockets.

Check the places you may have set it before you sat down somewhere.

I will try around the seating areas thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Victoria,

Under a car seat. Check the cars you may have been. In between. Near the center console but under the seat. Check!!

• 1 month later...

I haven't forgotten about this thread. I've been trying to put the watch out of my mind in the hope that will help, but every now and again I dream about finding it :(

I have checked in my OH's car between the seat and the centre console. It's pretty tight between the two but I couldn't find anything. I haven't checked mine because I changed cars after I last saw the watch. I have been hunting in the spare room tonight looking for the spare key for the previous car I had. Again it's something I've hidden and now can't find. The watch didn't appear either sadly.

Check under something that doesn't have much space between it and the ground. Like a washing machine, or a shelf, couch, or a car seat. It's under something that is keeping it out of view in the dark, but light enough where you could see it. That's what came to my mind when I read your post. I hope you find it.

I had an image of something soft too, like a fuzzy sweater, blanket or something? peach or pink colored. I don't know if it's related.

It is in a bathrobe hanging in your closet.

I have hiden things and forgot to have years pass and wow Eureka how could have I forgot that. Have you had strangers in your house that may have lifted it.

Edited by The Silver Thong

• 1 year later...

Another year gone and still no watch. I physically hurt when I think about the loss of this for the sentimental and the monetary value. I really feel like I have looked everywhere and each time I try it's more disappointment

• 5 months later...

An update:

I spent a few moments online earlier looking at for sale listings for watches the same as the one I lost. I even thought about buying a replacement. I spent time studying the photos of these watches, taking in the detail.

On an unrelated note I also misplaced my subway loyalty card which I thought was in a coat pocket upstairs.

I went to look for this and it was where I thought, so I removed from the coat pocket and rested it on the stair banister. I went into my dressing room as I have done so often and started looking again through the wardrobes where I keep my shoes. I went through the first one, checked each shelf methodically at a time. Then onto the second, top two shelves cleared and as I'm doing the third shelf I remove a pair of shoes and the watch falls to the floor. This was the exact same wardrobe where I had hidden it before and checked many times. The lesson to anyone who has misplaced something is never give up hope!

I have read back the responses on here from when I first posted and many people were right with what they said. Thanks to everyone who helped and happy new year to all!

• Like 1