Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nth Korea cuts Military Hotline to Sth Korea

libstaK

if they had, perhaps he might not have thought that Britain would cave in as easily as he thought it would.

Not at all, it would have angered him, Hitler like most psychotic nutjobs holds on to grudges and insults. That was made obvious by the signing of France's surrender. He set the whole thing up to be like WW1 as he wanted revenge.

Hitler didn't hold a grudge with the UK for a long time, in fact he hoped the UK would have joined him. Luckily we didn't.

These man child nutjobs can't stand being made to look stupid or having others show their capabilities. That's the stuff that drives them to do their worst.

You don't back a wild animal into a corner if you want to tame it.

They ARE making the situation worse whatever your opinion is. Common sense....

Yes they could actually... very easily. If they equiped SK with drones and used drones int he region the US could obliterate the NK army. A drone can carry strategic nuclear weapons.... lol

Yes... BECAUSE of the trianing etc.. lol

Just do it further Sotuh as I said thousands of times... Just not make a bid deal out of it and shove it in NK's face... Which they did. How is this not obvious?!

Again, I never said SK shouldn't... I said the US being there is the problem...

Drones might carry tactical nukes - but they'd still be NUKES for goodness sakes..

Here's the difference - and no, I'm not trying to be insulting just informative for those who don't know:

A tactical nuclear weapon (or TNW) refers to a nuclear weapon which is designed to be used on a battlefield in military situations. This is as opposed to strategic nuclear weapons which are designed to menace large populations, to damage the enemy's ability to wage war, or for general deterrence. Tactical nuclear weapons were a large part of the peak nuclear weapons stockpile levels during the Cold

Drones might carry tactical nukes - but they'd still be NUKES for goodness sakes..

Here's the difference - and no, I'm not trying to be insulting just informative for those who don't know:

A tactical nuclear weapon (or TNW) refers to a nuclear weapon which is designed to be used on a battlefield in military situations. This is as opposed to strategic nuclear weapons which are designed to menace large populations, to damage the enemy's ability to wage war, or for general deterrence. Tactical nuclear weapons were a large part of the peak nuclear weapons stockpile levels during the Cold

I never said they would use them or should.

I was specifically pointing out that drones can carry that payload so arming them with a lesser payload that can be used to wipe out the NK forces without troop support would not be difficult.

I know all about the differences and different payloads etc.

Not at all, it would have angered him, Hitler like most psychotic nutjobs holds on to grudges and insults. That was made obvious by the signing of France's surrender. He set the whole thing up to be like WW1 as he wanted revenge.

Hitler didn't hold a grudge with the UK for a long time, in fact he hoped the UK would have joined him. Luckily we didn't.

That's what I mean. he didn't take Chamberlain seriously, did he, but if Chamberlain hadn't decided to do all he could not to antagonise him, it might not have made AH so confident to go to war when he did.

• Like 1

That's what I mean. he didn't take Chamberlain seriously, did he, but if Chamberlain hadn't decided to do all he could not to antagonise him, it might not have made AH so confident to go to war when he did.

That's the same with NK then... If the US didn't antagonise NK then maybe NK would be as blood thursty with nukes etc.

When we did go for AH he gave us hell.

I rekcon if we tried these games the US is playing on NK, on AH... He would have held of going for Stalin and we would have been royally *****ed. You can praise the UK and US airforce as much as you want, we would have got blitzed if most of Hitlers army wasn't sent East to go for Stalin. Not a lot of people realise that. We got the easy side and struggled more with it.

We owe a lot to the Russians, unlike the media propaganda we always here about with the US being the heroes.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

I never said they would use them or should.

I was specifically pointing out that drones can carry that payload so arming them with a lesser payload that can be used to wipe out the NK forces without troop support would not be difficult.

I know all about the differences and different payloads etc.

You have absolutely no idea regarding how war is waged, nor the capabities and limitations of drones. What you're saying is purely fantasy.

That's the same with NK then... If the US didn't antagonise NK then maybe NK would be as blood thursty with nukes etc.

When we did go for AH he gave us hell.

I rekcon if we tried these games the US is playing on NK, on AH... He would have held of going for Stalin and we would have been royally *****ed. You can praise the UK and US airforce as much as you want, we would have got blitzed if most of Hitlers army wasn't sent East to go for Stalin. Not a lot of people realise that. We got the easy side and struggled more with it.

No it's not, it's exactly the opposite of what I'm trying to say. Chamberlain went all out not to antagonise Adolf. It didn't really have much effect, did it. Perhaps if he had been firmer to begin with, Adolf might not have thought that he could get away with anything.

No it's not, it's exactly the opposite of what I'm trying to say. Chamberlain went all out not to antagonise Adolf. It didn't really have much effect, did it. Perhaps if he had been firmer to begin with, Adolf might not have thought that he could get away with anything.

True, with France and Britian failing to do anything Germany went on a rampage

Many today view Iran in this way. And i'm one of them. But today just as in the 30's, people are so unwilling to strike at evil for fear of the consequences that they wait for evil to strike the first blow. In a world of nuclear weapons a first blow can be the only one that is needed.

Many today view Iran in this way. And i'm one of them. But today just as in the 30's, people are so unwilling to strike at evil for fear of the consequences that they wait for evil to strike the first blow. In a world of nuclear weapons a first blow can be the only one that is needed.

You know something, you maybe onto something, you noticed that the US as been at war with countries that dont have nuclear weapons in the past 20-30 years. It has avoided with the Soviets and Pakistan and China. But if the US says that North Korea does not have the stuff to deliver a nuclear weapon and is years away. So my question is, do the Americans know that the NK has indeed nuclear weapons already and maybe thats why they have not done anything about it but trying to calm down. If so then why have they put anti missile defences in the US mainland, they know the NK missiles can't reach the mainland.

Also another interesting thing that's in my mind, these 2 missiles that are in the east of NK, I don't think these are tests or drills, they say that they dont know where they are going but now today they allies claim its a test. Again if so why is there a drone in Japan, why has Japan going to shoot down the missiles? why are the missiles and launchers in camo? If NK wanted to test them, surely it would have told everyone?

• Like 1

You know something, you maybe onto something, you noticed that the US as been at war with countries that dont have nuclear weapons in the past 20-30 years. It has avoided with the Soviets and Pakistan and China. But if the US says that North Korea does not have the stuff to deliver a nuclear weapon and is years away. So my question is, do the Americans know that the NK has indeed nuclear weapons already and maybe thats why they have not done anything about it but trying to calm down. If so then why have they put anti missile defences in the US mainland, they know the NK missiles can't reach the mainland.

Also another interesting thing that's in my mind, these 2 missiles that are in the east of NK, I don't think these are tests or drills, they say that they dont know where they are going but now today they allies claim its a test. Again if so why is there a drone in Japan, why has Japan going to shoot down the missiles? why are the missiles and launchers in camo? If NK wanted to test them, surely it would have told everyone?

I have no idea what the Norks are thinking but placing missile defenses is just a prudent step. One never knows what a secret culture is capable of. If our intel is wrong (again) then that would be a pretty breathtaking mistake. A short range scud with a high altitude airburst on either coast could ruin America in an instant. Container ship with a foreign flag, one of the containers has a scud...boom....

Make no mistake, someone would pay big time but it would not change what had happened here.

• Like 1

Not at all, AH didn't go after Britian until Churchill antogonised him. Before that he only went after France who he had a vendetta against because of WW1 and then went for Stalin, he would never have went for Stalin if he knew Britian was going to go for him. He was far too intelligent for that. He would have kept his false allied state with stalin until he had wiped out Britian etc first. That proves that nto antogonising him actually gave us a very big advanatage. It made him shift most of his force East to Russia where they suffered from terrain and habitat.

Not compeltely true and France certianly did not do nothing. They fought pretty damn hard. They had bad leadership during battle which was their downfall.

As for Germany going on a rampage, that worked out in our favour, as they rampaged East.

Edited by Coffey

All the talk from the Chinese Leader in the last couple of days suggest they grow weary of North Korea's games.

http://www.washingto...5f35_story.html

Listening to the former US Ambassador to China on TV,he is suggesting that everybody should stop giving aid to North Korea every time they ramp up their threats.

My personal take is that the US should call North Korea's bluff.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 2

"My personal take is that the US should call North Korea's bluff." s1

There's no denying the appeal of that suggestion. But I've never seen a one-sided coin.

The other side of that coin is:

how many lives of U.S. troops are we willing to sacrifice for that? How many more $War $Billions are we prepared to squander?

How many more severely injured troops are we willing to welcome home, to a life-long commitment of health care for them 24/7 in some cases?

"American people are friends of Liberty everywhere, but custodians only of their own." John Adams

Well the US has decided to hold off on a missile test they had been planning for a while. So the Americans have shown that they're willing to step back and have given NK an opening to to stop all their threats. Now we need to see if North Korea will behave or if they'll continue to beat the war drum.

• Like 1

There's no denying the appeal of that suggestion. But I've never seen a one-sided coin.

The other side of that coin is:

how many lives of U.S. troops are we willing to sacrifice for that? How many more $War $Billions are we prepared to squander?

How many more severely injured troops are we willing to welcome home, to a life-long commitment of health care for them 24/7 in some cases?

What about the Civilians?

Well the US has decided to hold off on a missile test they had been planning for a while. So the Americans have shown that they're willing to step back and have given NK an opening to to stop all their threats. Now we need to see if North Korea will behave or if they'll continue to beat the war drum.

A South Korean commander and US have postponed their meetings respectively, I think they know something is going to go wrong

"What about the Civilians?" RN

U.S. civilian contractors in combat zone?

NK civilian collateral casualties?

War kills people and breaks things. For whatever reasons, it's customary to list U.S. troop casualties; as in Iraq.

But Iraq's War dead may tally an order of magnitude or more than that, if we included Iraqi civilians.

One of Uncle Sam's excuses for not doing so is, they say they don't have an accurate corpse count.

How convenient.

Lookit RN.

The Kim dynasty are madmen.

They're monsters. Earth would be a better planet if the entire NK regime were to magically vanish.

I'm not defending KJU, or his henchmen.

But I don't think we should necessarily overlook John Adams' wise insight:

"American people are friends of Liberty everywhere, but custodians only of their own." John Adams

North Korea Will bang the drum forever,because they know eventually that the west will come to the table and give them what they want.This cycle needs to be broken.

• Like 1

"they know eventually that the west will come to the table and give them what they want" s1

That's almost perfectly the opposite of NK propaganda.

NK propaganda says the U.S. is a ferocious adversary that's devoted to the destruction of NK.

This is just a weird movement out of Pearl Harbor and since when do we name our ships after "Chinese" names. Ive never heard a ship called anything but an American name before. I dont know if this is a radar or what but its the strangest weapon platform Ive ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XQFHN7h8Ia4

AX,

The U.S. Navy has naming conventions. Here's the URL: http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq63-1.htm

those of the first class shall be called after the States of this Union; those of the second class after the rivers; and those of the third class after the principal cities and towns; taking care that no two vessels of the navy shall bear the same name." The last-cited provision remains in the United States Code today.

The newly completed U.S.S. New York was made in part from scrap steel from the World Trade Center wreckage.

How they end up naming an aircraft carrier "U.S.S. Enterprise" I don't know.

Regarding the Navy's new laser weapon recently tested, it took quite a while to down the target aircraft; flying in slow, straight, and level flight.

It's not clear to me how much utility such weapon would have against fast moving combat attack aircraft.

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 09 Apr 2013 at 02:53:20 PM GMT is: debtiv.gif

The estimated population of the United States is 314,746,776

so each citizen's share of this debt is $53,414.81.

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

We really can't afford this.

Breaking the N. Korean cycle of threats to get what they want is something I think a left-wing President like Obama can achieve more easily than a more conservative President could. The left-wing in the States (the natural critics of such a harder line) aren't as willing to take advantage. However, I doubt this is the issue.

It may be that restarting the reactor without getting more sanctions imposed was their objective; this they succeeded in doing. They may also want to do some more tests and so on without stirring up more sanctions, so this may go on awhile. It may also be that they want something from China that we don't know about (money or technology) and it may be that they are helping the Iranians by distracting attention -- probably in return for oil or money.

In short, there are a lot of ways to interpret N. Korean behavior so far as rational. We will have to wait to see if they do something irrational; I doubt it. Acting irrational can be a potent diplomatic device.

The U.S. Navy has naming conventions. Here's the URL:

Ah. Yes here it is.

USS Chung-Hoon (DDG-93) is an Arleigh Burke-class Aegis destroyer serving in the United States Navy. Chung-Hoon was named in honor of Rear Admiral Gordon Pai'ea Chung-Hoon (1910–1979), recipient of the Navy Cross and the Silver Star.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Chung-Hoon_%28DDG-93%29

Edited by AsteroidX