Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nth Korea cuts Military Hotline to Sth Korea

libstaK

Exactly.

Unless you really do believe that they'd both be prosperous, thriving democracies if it wasn't for the nasty US Sanctions?

Actually my friends Dad in iran was very well off before the sanctions now he is struggling...

I never once sided with NK.... lol

My post was nothing to do with NK, it was proving to you that it's not a conspiracy theory about bankers it's a fact.

I disagree completely.

Sanctions are a declaration of war. They always have been.

they want a one Korea, so do the South. Remmeber they have China as an ally, trading with them and the Russians would make them. But they still throw out propaganda

they want a one Korea, so do the South. Remmeber they have China as an ally, trading with them and the Russians would make them. But they still throw out propaganda

North Korea has been crippled by sanctions, and I would hardly call them a trading partner with China instead they send all their output from their mines as Barter every day for Oil and goods.They are really in bad shape and it wouldn't take much to bring their house tumbling down.

• Like 1

I never once sided with NK.... lol

My post was nothing to do with NK, it was proving to you that it's not a conspiracy theory about bankers it's a fact.

You have been doing nothing but blaming the entire crisis in Korea on the US and only on the US. How poor North Korea gets sanctions put on them by the mean old America when all they want to do is turn Seoul into a ocean of fire and kill millions of civilians.

Bankers have nothing to do with what's happening right now in Korea. Zero. You're just trying to use them in an effort to blame the US.

Sanctions are a declaration of war. They always have been.

Times North Korea has declared the ceasefire void: 6

Time the US has declared the ceasefire void: 0

And based on your reasoning, which I do partly agree with, China is declaring war on North Korea as well. They're supporting the US sanctions after all.

Well, it worked on the Soviet Union.

What worked on the Soviert union was Gorby's refrorms, which, given how effective they were at bringing about the disntegration of the USSR, it could be argued that he was actually the most inept leader a country has ever had, or perhaps that he was a CIA plant, planted to destroy the Evil Empire from within.

North Korea has been crippled by sanctions, and I would hardly call them a trading partner with China instead they send all their output from their mines as Barter every day for Oil and goods.They are really in bad shape and it wouldn't take much to bring their house tumbling down.

Without sanctions. The North Koreans started the war and with a screw loose family I don' think they will calm down weather there is a USA or not

I don't see Korea being unified anytime soon, and I think it would be a serious mistake by the West to push it. A regime change in the North is very much needed, but I think unlikely, and if it happens it will either be something internal that we don't see coming or something the Chinese engineer.

Most likely this will all pass in a year or so once the North has extracted all the money and other concessions it thinks it can get.

Two things really bother me: first, the northerners are getting away with things that would have brought severe sanctions if they were behaving more rationally. This is a clear reward for behaving irrationally.

Second, Iran and the serious danger what it is doing presents has faded from view because of all the Korean noise. I would not be the least surprised if this were not part of what the North Koreans are up to.

• Like 1

NK embassy in London was cleared out yesterday. To be honest I didn't know they even had one, it was in a residential house in Ealing. lol

• Like 1

Yes the North wants a free from US interference and free from the central banking system the South has. The South wants the opposite.

You have been doing nothing but blaming the entire crisis in Korea on the US and only on the US. How poor North Korea gets sanctions put on them by the mean old America when all they want to do is turn Seoul into a ocean of fire and kill millions of civilians.

Bankers have nothing to do with what's happening right now in Korea. Zero. You're just trying to use them in an effort to blame the US.

Never once blamed it on the US ( I think this is now the 10th time I've had to explain this exact thing) I jsut said they don't help the situation at all. Sanctions and Muscle flexing are obviously going to make the situation worse not better. That is not blaming them for the start of it. I know NK is a problem I'm far from stupid.

Funny that, the bankers are mostly British families.... So that doesn't even make sense. lol

"What worked on the Soviert union was Gorby's refrorms, which, given how effective they were at bringing about the disntegration of the USSR, it could be argued that he was actually the most inept leader a country has ever had, or perhaps that he was a CIA plant, planted to destroy the Evil Empire from within." CR

You didn't read Gorbachev's Perestroika?

Russia thrives now, compared to where the Soviet Union was in second half of the 20th Century. Difficult to imagine how Russia would be where it is today without Gorbachev's leadership.

"the most inept leader a country has ever had" CR

It is very rare, that a nation is fortunate enough to have such a capable, visionary, selfless leader that such nation is notably uplifted by that leadership.

We're addressing the order of leaders that have made spectacular constructive improvments, like George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, & Nelson Mandella.

I don't see Korea being unified anytime soon, and I think it would be a serious mistake by the West to push it. A regime change in the North is very much needed, but I think unlikely, and if it happens it will either be something internal that we don't see coming or something the Chinese engineer.

Most likely this will all pass in a year or so once the North has extracted all the money and other concessions it thinks it can get.

Two things really bother me: first, the northerners are getting away with things that would have brought severe sanctions if they were behaving more rationally. This is a clear reward for behaving irrationally.

Second, Iran and the serious danger what it is doing presents has faded from view because of all the Korean noise. I would not be the least surprised if this were not part of what the North Koreans are up to.

I don't think the West is pushing for unification at all. We just want North Korea to be less crazy and stop using 1984 as a basis for government policy.

Anyway sounds like NK might be calming down a bit. Seems they're still using troops as farmers and construction workers so they don't seem to be gearing up for anything big. Plus they're talking about this big marathon that involves several foreigners so they're not completely shutting the country down. They might fire a rocket into the ocean and then quietly start to try and build up relations again.

• Like 1

You didn't read Gorbachev's Perestroika?

Russia thrives now, compared to where the Soviet Union was in second half of the 20th Century. Difficult to imagine how Russia would be where it is today without Gorbachev's leadership.

the ultra-ultra-ultra rich oligarchy thrive, you mean.

It is very rare, that a nation is fortunate enough to have such a capable, visionary, selfless leader that such nation is notably uplifted by that leadership.

by destroying his country and leaving it in the hands of the buffoon Yeltsin? Some legacy there.

Anyway sounds like NK might be calming down a bit. Seems they're still using troops as farmers and construction workers so they don't seem to be gearing up for anything big. Plus they're talking about this big marathon that involves several foreigners so they're not completely shutting the country down. They might fire a rocket into the ocean and then quietly start to try and build up relations again.

When Seoul, which I can never spell, had the Olympics in whenever it was, '88, did NK participate then?

All these arm-chair pundits declaring this world leader inept and that one a buffoon and so on get me.

When Seoul, which I can never spell, had the Olympics in whenever it was, '88, did NK participate then?

No and few others too

All these arm-chair pundits declaring this world leader inept and that one a buffoon and so on get me.

Why? isn't it a reasonble rule of thumb that at least 70% are, all through history? Surely you wouldn't disagree with that assessment about Yeltsin?

I would disagree with any assertion about any world leader made by anyone who has not studied their history and biography in detail, and I would further disagree with any one-word description of anyone.

"I would further disagree with any one-word description of anyone." FM

Bush: twit.

"One day I spent a weekend with the great Billy Graham." U.S. President Bush (the younger)

"It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber."—Washington, D.C., April 10, 2002

"For a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times."—Tokyo, Japan, Feb. 18, 2002

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."—Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001

"... I've decided to work with our State governors ... to move 6,000 National Guard troops on the border, to help the current border patrol do the job until the new agents are trained. That makes sense to me, doesn't it?" Bush

"When your demand for corn stays high, the price tends to go up, and your hog farmer gets disgruntled ..." Bush: 07/02/14

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we," U.S. President Bush ~Aug. 5, 2004

twit

• Like 2

North Korea has been gaining the upper hand for a few weeks now

North Korea has dealt itself a losing hand; and played it poorly for decades.

Which nation do you think the more successful? The more self-reliant? The more respected internationally? NK or SK?

The NK politburo rules in Hell. They have the world's 4th largest military; and seem to believe they need it (could be right).

The standard of living in NK is an attrocity.

Christopher Hitchens asserted that chronic starvation is such a widespread and persistent problem in NK, that the NK public is not merely about 4" shorter in stature than their SK brethren.

They're also mentally stunted as well.

It's an unimaginable nightmare! Obama would be doing the solar system a great humanitarian service to nuke Pyongyang; leave it a smoldering crater.

I would disagree with any assertion about any world leader made by anyone who has not studied their history and biography in detail, and I would further disagree with any one-word description of anyone.

Bush: twit.

Indeed. Others: Tony Blair: deranged. David Cameron..... er... oh no, sorry, we're talking about world leaders here .....

• Like 1

I believe Nixon was saying that North Korea was gaining the upper hand on being the biggest twit. ;)

Sort of lol

Was watching war stories, North Korea and Iran could be in a alliance to attacked the world from both sides, just like Japen and Germany did.