Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Katie in the sky with diamonds

Commander CMG

When 14-year-old Katelyn Norman learned that her bone cancer was going to take her life, she drew up a list of her final wishes - a slow dance, a last kiss, a date to prom.

But as her friends gathered at a venue in LaFollette, Tennessee on Tuesday night to throw the prom in her honour, Katelyn was airlifted to hospital after struggling to breathe.

So classmates and relatives brought the party to her bedside instead, bringing balloons, music and her smartly-dressed date to make sure she didn't miss out on completing her bucket list.

Katelyn has been fighting osteosarcoma, an aggressive bone cancer, for two years but doctors told her last week that it has spread to her heart, arteries, pelvis and spine and that there is nothing more they can do.

arrow3.gifView: Read Full Story

• Like 4

That was hard to read...

I must have gotten some dust in my eyes ... or something...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 4

When my 10 year old sister died of cancer, one of the things that got me was that she never had her first kiss etc. Breaks my heart.

• Like 7

It's always wonderful to see people put aside their differences to help out someone in need. :tu:

• Like 5

That was hard to read...

I must have gotten some dust in my eyes ... or something...

I will admit.. I couldn't read the full atricle, the photos and the story tore me apart.

• Like 4

cancer is such a ugly illness that takes many young people. Kudos too all the people helping her dreams come true.

• Like 2

When my 10 year old sister died of cancer, one of the things that got me was that she never had her first kiss etc. Breaks my heart.

Very sorry for your loss Coffey...

I lost a sister as well... She was not as young and not through illness, but it was still a shock and very hard to get over for a long time... Eventually, though I came to realize that she is always with me in my fond memories of her...

• Like 2

I lost a sister as well... She was not as young and not through illness, but it was still a shock and very hard to get over for a long time... Eventually, though I came to realize that she is always with me in my fond memories of her...

There is a Native American proverb, that sticks in my mind: "They are not dead who live in the hearts they leave behind." - Tuscarora

There are so many pieces of scum, pedo's, rapists, killers, that deserve to be deprived of oxygen and yet Cancer strikes without discrimination and takes young children.. There is just no justice.

• Like 5

Aw Coffey that made me so sad. So sorry to hear that :cry:

• Like 1

Aw Taun sorry to hear you lost a sister too :cry:

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 2

:cry: :cry: Could barely read it through the tears. I have a teenage daughter... just off to give her a big hug after reading this.

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 3

I hate to see kids have to deal with cancer. I felt so sorry for her, really broke me up. Glad they did this for her.

Anytime any of us get to thinking we have it rough just think about kids like her.

• Like 2

Thank you, sorry for yours as well.

Very true, the proverb Xsas quoted fits what you said perfectly as well.

There is a Native American proverb, that sticks in my mind: "They are not dead who live in the hearts they leave behind." - Tuscarora

There are so many pieces of scum, pedo's, rapists, killers, that deserve to be deprived of oxygen and yet Cancer strikes without discrimination and takes young children.. There is just no justice.

Beautiful proverb. :tu:

Yeah it's weird, makes me wonder if there is some reason for it, that we don't understand. Maybe there is some sort of afterlife.

Aw Coffey that made me so sad. So sorry to hear that :cry:

Thank you, but I reckon she had far too much spirit or it to just disappear. :)

• Like 3

I am not someone who shows emotions but the pictures and seeing the girl with her prom date really got to me. I had tears going. The world is just so unfair since this girl seems like suck a kind and wonderful person. I would hope she would be my future daughters roll model.

Edited by Ryinrea
  • Like 4