Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The End of Life

jjphere

An old friend heard me tell some of the unlikely experiences from my past and told me

a story never told to anyone else outside the family because it would not have been believed. After

hearing it... I do believe it and hope you will enjoy it.

A* lived with her mother and two teenage daughters, a few years ago. While at work

she depended on the girls, while they were home from school, to watch her mother because of her age.

The old lady had cancer, but retained enough body weight to make the doctors think she had perhaps

years left to live. One day she came home at dinner time and her oldest girl told her to check on her mother right away

because some very strange things had happened there that day. It was all she would say.

When she entered her mother's room she saw that her mother had a glow to her face, and

she wondered at what it meant. Her mother was looking very happy and told her that

her friend, Jesus, had come to visit her that day and told her that her difficult life on earth

would soon be over. The mext day she was told that she was going to die and then go to Heaven.

A* was not sure what to think but she told her mother that the next day was her birthday, which it was, and

that she would be very sad to lose her mother on her birthday. Could it be postponed? She then asked about

the glow to her face and her mother said it was like Moses when his face glowed after meeting God.

Later that day, her mother came in to talk to her and told her that she had spoken to Jesus and

he would change the date of her death to one week from that day, and after that she could go to

Heaven.

A* hoped that would be the end of it, but when the week was over her mother died suddenly and otherwise

unexpectedly. She began to believe that her mother had told her the truth, after all. She also told me

that the experience had been witnessed partly by her oldest and afterwards it had seemed to awaken faith in

the girl.

I told her that it was my experience that supernatural happenings of this sort often brought out feeling in some

that God did not work in such strange ways. They wanted to place him in a box, as it were. But I told her

that God can do anything wonderful he wants to, and I thought that he operated in this way often.

It seemed to make her feel better.

• Like 1

It can. Some personal sense of spirituality/religion can be very comforting during our "last days"

How peaceful. Thank you for sharing. :)

God bless.

• Like 1

One more thing, When she told me the story, she asked me what I thought of it, and

I told her that I never met her mother, yet I now had no doubt at all where she now was.

She was in Heaven.

And yes, I know that Heaven is not supposed to be capitalized, but I was told in prayer

that it is holy and that it should always be capitalized.

One more thing, When she told me the story, she asked me what I thought of it, and

I told her that I never met her mother, yet I now had no doubt at all where she now was.

She was in Heaven.

And yes, I know that Heaven is not supposed to be capitalized, but I was told in prayer

that it is holy and that it should always be capitalized.

Who said Heaven is not supposed to be capitalised? It is a proper noun, like New York and, at least in English language terms, should always be capitalised when used as a place name. (whether it exists or not is irrelevant.) I think perhaps some religions tend not to capitalise the words for theological reasons, but in plain english they should be treated as other proper nouns are treated. Take genesis 1 for example, from the King James version. In verse 1 "God created the heaven and the earth" but in verse 8, "God called the firmament, Heaven." As a place name, it has a capital. I have a dog and a cat, but if I name my dog, "Dog" then it has a capital.

As to your story. It is quite possible it is literally true. God negotiates, comforts, and works with, people who are open to his presence. He is quite capable of altering a person's future in small or large ways, from saving them from death to postponing it for a week on request.

The physical truth is, in part, irrelevant. Reality or hallucination, it worked for the woman and her family.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1