Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Battlefield 4 Gameplay Reveal!

CRYSiiSx2

Battlefield reigns supreme in the FPS genre once again. I bet the new COD will still be using their overhauled Quake 3 engine once again... This Battlefield will have no competition!

• Like 3

That is truly impressive. I just ordered an HD 7850 for my newly rebuilt system so I should be set!!! When is it due to come out?

Lol at mentioning CoD. Typical Battlefield fanboy. Anyway, I'm impressed with this, hopefully they don't start pushing for a yearly release.

Looks a little to much like bf3. Same animations, gun skins, vehicles. The graphics look cleaner, but time will tell with the gameplay. Multiplayer is the big make or break for this game.

I missed 3. stepped away from gaming for awhile but back in it now with a rig refresh.

I missed 3.

I did too. I wonder how the 360 servers are doing now that the game is almost 2 years old?

I prolly wont miss BF4 tho.

They still want $60 for BF3!

Nope, at Gamestop, its $17.99 pre-owned, and $19.99 brand new.

Question to any gamers I hear Bad Company and Bad Company 2 has a pretty good or great single player campaign, is that true?

Whereas, of course, BF3 is geared more towards online multiplayer.

Question to any gamers I hear Bad Company and Bad Company 2 has a pretty good or great single player campaign, is that true?

Yes, I just finished an all nighter of BF3 multiplayer. It was a huge step forward in online fps to be honest. We all knew about bad company, but it never really got as grand as BF3. Speaking as a former COD player and fan, I haven't touched it since getting BF3. The servers are still going strong and there's a lot around, mostly custom which is awesome.

• Like 1

Thanks! I'll pick up a copy this weekend to christen my new vid card with.

• Like 1

Yes, I just finished an all nighter of BF3 multiplayer. It was a huge step forward in online fps to be honest. We all knew about bad company, but it never really got as grand as BF3. Speaking as a former COD player and fan, I haven't touched it since getting BF3. The servers are still going strong and there's a lot around, mostly custom which is awesome.

On PC? Console? And which console?

I am serious contemplating this game and activating my Live account. Maybe next month.

Ill be sure to make sure my build will handle it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121659

ASUS GTX670-DC2-4GD5 GeForce GTX 670 4GB

This video card utilizes a very efficient aftermarket cooler that runs very quiet and at a lower temperature than the stock single fan option that many video cards utilize. The downside being that the heat from the video card's cooler is dumped in the case. We would have to cut an opening and install mesh on the side of the case to remove this heat (not an issue for me).

3 year warrantee

$459.99

$439.99 after $20.00 rebate card

Looking at this one....

Edited by Maureen_jacobs
  • Like 2

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814121659

This video card utilizes a very efficient aftermarket cooler that runs very quiet and at a lower temperature than the stock single fan option that many video cards utilize. The downside being that the heat from the video card's cooler is dumped in the case. We would have to cut an opening and install mesh on the side of the case to remove this heat (not an issue for me).

3 year warrantee

$459.99

Looking at this one....

Do you really need 4GB of GDDR5 memory? I think I'd go for the 680 with 2GB at about the same price since you get more cores and TU's as well as higher clocks. This 3 fan Gigabyte is $449 after rebate. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125422 Both are really nice cards though and you will be happy with either one I am sure. Who knows, though, newer games may take advantage of all that memory. Makes my 7870 look like a lightweight. LOL

Asus makes a 4GB 680 as well. Is this going into the ITX box?

Edited by Merc14

If when the 3D gameplay of the N64 first came out you had shown someone a video like the one above, they would very nearly have died of a heart attack. 10 years before then? Unimaginable.

The level of computer graphics technology never ceases to amaze me.

• Like 1

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814121659

3 year warrantee

$459.99

Looking at this one....

my radeon 7970 is just as good and a tad cheaper you should look into that unless you're not a fan of amd. however when i have the extra money im just going to go all out and get the gtx 680 that is a beast of a graphics card

Looks a little to much like bf3. Same animations, gun skins, vehicles. The graphics look cleaner, but time will tell with the gameplay. Multiplayer is the big make or break for this game.

I agree with everything stated above! very well worded :tu:

I agree with everything stated above! very well worded :tu:

You guys realize this is VERY early pre-alpha and they are still using a lot of BF3 material right? The game isn't going to be out until Q4 2013. A lot of work will be done don't worry!

• 3 weeks later...

My build is almost complete...

Case

Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX Hybrid Computer Case FD-CA-NODE-304-BL

Motherboard

ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard with USB BIOS

Memory

CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML16GX3M2A1600C10B

Processor

Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz

Corsair Hydro Series H90 140 mm High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache - WD10EZEX

-------------------------------------------------May swap out blue drive for 500 gb SSD from Samsung.-----------------------------------

SeaSonic G Series 550-Watt ATX12V/EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply SSR-550RM

Noctua NF-B9 PWM Cooling Fan x 2

ASUS GTX 670 Series Graphics Card GTX670-DC2-4GD5

My build is almost complete...

Case

Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX Hybrid Computer Case FD-CA-NODE-304-BL

Motherboard

ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard with USB BIOS

Memory

CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML16GX3M2A1600C10B

Processor

Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz

Corsair Hydro Series H90 140 mm High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache - WD10EZEX

-------------------------------------------------May swap out blue drive for 500 gb SSD from Samsung.-----------------------------------

SeaSonic G Series 550-Watt ATX12V/EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply SSR-550RM

Noctua NF-B9 PWM Cooling Fan x 2

ASUS GTX 670 Series Graphics Card GTX670-DC2-4GD5

Wow! That is going to be one helluva machine ecspecially when you consider ity is a a case just 8x9x14. Amazing how much power we can now put in a small computer. Can you post a photo with the panel off so we can see the insides?

I'm ready, just have to get back in bloody shape. Been awile since I hammered the keyboard through an M1A2. LOL Slow and behind the times.

This Battlefield will have no competition!11.jpg

Dude, Battlefield is totally the best shooter ever! <3