Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I've got the job!

Bonecrusher

Well if it has to be said I'm as pleased as punch right now.Despite all the trials and tribulations I have experienced these last few months from the early days when the Social Enterpise couldnt't be mentioned outside private messaging in Facebook to selecting 15 people out of a possible 50 applicants I have finally beaten the odds and landed a plumb job in a fledgling company.

But the hard work really starts in earnest after the Easter break when I have my first proper glimpse in my future workplace.Then later I will get official confirmation of my start date which is rumoured to be at the backend of April.In between I will be also squeezing in a little Welsh break.So I'm going to be busy as a bee and that's before the real bump and grind begins.

I've got a feeling my interview was top -notch considering the rather stressful conditions.It's a nice feeling knowing you are economically viable again.

Edited by G Donnelly
  • Like 8

congratulations! :clap:

Cheers.But I wouldn't have achieved it without Facebook.It gets it's fair share of criticism but who cares about privacy laws when your very future depends on it.This is why I've been strangely quiet the last few weeks here because I wanted to promote myself strongly on Facebook.If I totally ignored my Facebook buddies they would think I was being decidedly unfriendly and wouldn't give me the time of the day least of all offered me a job.However one of my fellow successful applicants Facebook presence is a bit more low-key.However he's got a particular skill- set that others are missing.But I was effectively competing with at least five people who can also do my former job.I believe one of them got knocked back.

Edited by G Donnelly
  • Like 1

That is great :tu:

Thanking you!

Congratuations.gif Edited by Hilander
  • Like 6

I always wanted to take a Welsh vacation. My Dad is from Wales. Glamorgan somewhere.

I always wanted to take a Welsh vacation. My Dad is from Wales. Glamorgan somewhere.

I had a Busmans holiday in Glamorgan a couple of years ago.It's worth mentioning because I was doing similar work in Llanelli to what I will be doing in the near future.But this next time will be more business than pleasure.There's no way I will be near a renovated building in the Cardiganshire countryside.It's still good prep for my job because I can get some much needed exercise and keep fit.But knowing me I will be dwelling on what's to come and hope I havn't got too rusty.Still I think it's nice to re-connect with your past.Even though it's somewhere in the "valleys".

Btw I hope my gainful employment leaves me less cranky here.

Edited by G Donnelly

Oh, congrats! Does this mean we won't be seeing so much of you? :( Anyway, here's something suitable by means of congratulation. :santa:

• Like 1

Oh, congrats! Does this mean we won't be seeing so much of you? :( Anyway, here's something suitable by means of congratulation. :santa:

Well to be honest.I know the working hours and they seriously conflict.I'm working a regular 9-5 shift from Monday to Thursday,then half a day on Friday.So there's going to be some nights where I don't post because I'll be seriously bummed out.So it's only weekends when I'll seriously post.So god help me if there's some loose ends from a previous debate last thing at the weekend..I'm not saying I won't make an effort though.

But I'm going to be AWOL this forthcoming Monday with my trip to the Keepmoat in Doncaster.While after the guided tour I'll be having a swift half afterwards.I'm already seen the effects of posting under the influence so I don't want any of mine needing to be tested with a breathalyser kit.However I might bring my I- Pad to Wales in case there's a rainy day.Most of the time though I will be sat in my deckchair or constructing sand castles using vitrification methods gained from the ancient Egyptians.

Edited by G Donnelly

My sister's in the same boat now.But with more NVQ's and accredited degrees to her name her progress won't as be as long as mine.It's just that she took voluntary reduncancy just as soon as they were making cuts in the council budget.She was actually a carer for severely disabled people.So she's in quite a good position and has even got experience at home care.However her interview for her next employment opportunity keeps getting put back.Still she's got a six week break.I'm quietly confident she will land the job.Besides she isn't an Aspie.However when she did her last shift last night the reception from what little what was left of her co- workers was lukewarm.She didn't even get a leaving do.

I will let you know what happens in my first few weeks if I've got time in my diary.Thanks to all the well wishers on this thread.Your words mean so much to me.

• 5 weeks later...

I've not had my start date but I had my induction last Thursday and a pretty good one it was too.No questions were left unanswered and they presented it in a clear,concise manner that left no room for ambiguity.There was also plenty of paperwork which covered practically everything.The guided tour though brief was very informative.I can't wait for when it truly starts when a dream has been fulfilled.Even at this late stage I got the impression the professionalism was still intact with things always happening behind the scenes.They did an excellent job at prepping the place.It feels like me and the fellow 4Dr's are the luckiest lads in the world. I have the express hope that the factory managers empire takes over the entire industrial estate and create more jobs for more disenfranchised guys left stranded like a beached whale by that cow Maria Miller.

So as a token of my thanks when I was in the pub I got three bottles of Petrosso and toasted everybody and clinked glasses.I even wanted to get Moët and Chandon but I was held back at the last minute.Though the bubbles still managed to get up my nose.I didn't care because for once I was just happy and relieved that my nightmare was nearly over.

Edited by G Donnelly

Good luck. I guess the light is now visible at the end of the tunnel. :tu:

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Good luck. I guess the light is now visible at the end of the tunnel. :tu:

However this job didn't pan out and certain promises made to me were broken.But I picked myself up and found an other one at an distribution centre in Rochdale.So this thread is still a cause for celebration because I've done seven months there this weekend.But because it's a busy warehouse my "friends" list on Facebook has practically doubled so I've not had time for UM because I'm too consumed with that.Well the four on,four off shifts don't help either.However I decided to post today because certain things got my attention and I just wanted to share.But this isn't a permanent deal.So it's like saying hello and goodbye at the same time.But I will pop in occasionally while it's quiet.I've got a trillion "like" pages with all these quirky photos and it's always noisy.Plus there's the little matter of my "friends".It's only now I've got some free time to myself.

Edited by Bonecrusher

Well, good luck with your new job! It says a lot that you could keep going after broken promises. :tsu:

Jobs are hard to find in many countries, including developed ones from economic problems we're all facing. Congrats on your next chance at work in a year. Come back to the UM soon whenever you can.

• Like 1

congratulations! lotta people looking for work, hope everything goes well for you.

• Like 1