Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stealth bombers sent to S. Korea

Ashotep

Not if the mission was to be visible and send a message. Guaranteed that NK has no systems to detect anything but the explosions after the bombs were on their targets. Nuclear capable Stealth bombers will scare the CRAP out of any sane military. It's a punch in the face totally in the dark until it happens.

I don't think NK has a sane military or a sane leader. That changes things, people like that are dangerous, capable of most anything.
  • Like 2

China mobilizing troops, jets near N. Korean border, US officials say

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2PH4aGAeS

If the Chinese keep supporting the insane leader of NK and help with the attack of the south and US who will buy their junk. They need to rethink their position here, don't think NK will support their economy.
  • Like 2

Can anyone name a war the U.S. won.

War for Independence, Mexican-Armerican war, Spanish-American war, American Civil war. Also a key member of WWI and WWII coalitions that won.

• Like 4

I have a feeling the Chinese are sending a message to the North, not the UN. Troops up there would only invade North Korea.

• Like 1

Kim had best think twice before engaging SK/US forces:

[media=]

[/media]

Most of these guys and gals get their wings to get ready for these rides at a little Post called Fort Rucker Alabama. We are quite proud of that here :clap::tu:
  • Like 1

I have a feeling the Chinese are sending a message to the North, not the UN. Troops up there would only invade North Korea.

Agreed but it could also be a message for everyone else that China isn't going to stand for any continued presence in the area after lil Kim is dealt with - tricky situation.
  • Like 1

Looks like the North intends to restart their nuclear reactor maybe to restock their plutonium supply. Things just keep looking worse and China isn't happy about it.

North Korea to restart nuclear reactor to fuel arms program

Yeah, that is a disturbing development. I think either that or another article said that fully restarting that plant could produce enough plutonium in the spent fuel rods(which would have to be properly extracted) to enable Kim make another plutonium nuke each year the plant is in full operation. And the NK officials have publicy declared their desire to use this plant both for electricity production AND to further build-up their nuclear arsenal.

So yeah, things just keep looking worse, as you said.

Hopefully, the build-up of Chinese forces are to be against NK, not SK/US.

The article I read swings both ways on that aspect, so I don't know what China's intentions are.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

I really wasn't worried in the beginning but now I don't know, this thing seems to be escalating. I don't think the Chinese can control him like they did his father.

• Like 2

Hilander, if things go so far out of control that it goes globally nuclear,

I just want to say in advance before we die, I love you. :wub:

:w00t: :w00t:

I think China will target NK if war does break out.

http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_t2

I hope you're right. Though recall that they are an ally(though an unhappy one) with NK.

In furtherance, all 3 relevant countries(China, NK, and the US) have nukes, and the US is wholly committed to protect SK.

In another disturbing development, the US Secretary of State, John Kerry had some harsh words. See here(just updated):

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/02/world/asia/koreas-tensions/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Just a thought...did Kim Jung Senior have any other sons? Because if this one (Kim Jung Un) becomes 'inconvenient' enough to China he just might find himself the victim of political assassination and Kim Jung #2 son would be the next "Dear Leader".

• Like 1

Just a thought...did Kim Jung Senior have any other sons? Because if this one (Kim Jung Un) becomes 'inconvenient' enough to China he just might find himself the victim of political assassination and Kim Jung #2 son would be the next "Dear Leader".

Good question, 'cause he and his cohort generals need to be exited "stage-left"

Else this could get really ugly.

• Like 1

Good question, 'cause he and his cohort generals need to be exited "stage-left"

Else this could get really ugly.

I originally just blew this all off as more whining for food and $ but it seems to be getting out of hand. Wars have started for some pretty stupid reasons before now. I don't know what the answer is though. He cannot be allowed to continue to extort without giving something substantial in return. If we do that he'll inevitably ask for something we simply cannot or will not deliver.

edited cause I goofed :(

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

I originally just blew this all off as more whining for food and $ but it seems to be getting out of hand. Wars have started for some pretty stupid reasons before now. I don't know what the answer is though. He cannot be allowed to continue to extort without giving something substantial in return. If we do that he'll inevitably ask for something we simply cannot or will not deliver.

edited cause I goofed :(

Indeed, and guess what he does with foreign aid of food and money that supposed to go to the civilian population?

That's right, most of it is secretly re-directed to his military.

Did I mention that NK also counterfeits extremely high quality US $100 bills? The bills are so good, they pass through most banks undetected, according to US Secret Service. I will be happy to provide official links if asked.

In any event, NK leadership needs to taken-out, one way or another.

• Like 1

Hilander, if things go so far out of control that it goes globally nuclear,

I just want to say in advance before we die, I love you. :wub:

:w00t: :w00t:

I love you too pallidin.
  • Like 4

NK stops SK workers from entering kasong industrial complex in NK near the border, SK workers are told to leave

"We're going to shut down one of the only positive parts of our economy. That'll show them!"

North Korea is starting to run out of threats. If things don't start cooling down I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to lob some shells at South Korea.

• Like 1

I wouldn't limit things to the US, China and the two Koreas. Russia and Japan are also right there.

If a conflict erupts, It could possibly expand to regional or global conflict, depending on which side China and/or Russia decides to play.

• Like 1

I don't think Russia or China are willing to risk war over North Korea. While having a buffer state is nice and all dealing with all the crazy seems to be wearing very thin. Plus I doubt China wants millions of refuees flooding over the border.

• Like 1

The US is moving an advanced missile system to the Pacific island of Guam as a precaution following threats by North Korea, the Pentagon has said:

http://bbc.in/17dsPww

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 2

I hope Jong-un is just blowing smoke but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. I hope we never have to use them.

• Like 1

The North Korean army is warning Washington that its military has been cleared to wage an attack using "smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear" weapons.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/04/03/north-korea-warns-military-cleared-to-wage-nuclear-attack/#ixzz2PRUqVX6c

• Like 1