Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First Love Child of Human, Neanderthal Found?

Still Waters

The skeletal remains of an individual living in northern Italy 40,000-30,000 years ago are believed to be that of a human/Neanderthal hybrid, according to a paper in PLoS ONE.

If further analysis proves the theory correct, the remains belonged to the first known such hybrid, providing direct evidence that humans and Neanderthals interbred. Prior genetic research determined the DNA of people with European and Asian ancestry is 1 to 4 percent Neanderthal.

http://news.discover...mans-130327.htm

• Like 4

This has been a source of speculation for a long time, and that they found something to prove it is cool. Another line of thought was that Neanderthal's preyed on humans for food and that we were essentially forced to kill them off to survive, but I'd much rather that we genetically mated and somehow ended up with humans.

So the sudden dissapearance/distinction of Neanderthals was because of Honor killing? :gun:

• Like 3

Sounds like was more of a case of Neanderthal women being raped than getting together and producing a love child.

• Like 1

Or maybe a Neanderthal man raped a human female. Or a Neanderthal and a human had a secret and forbidden love affair :-O

The genetic analysis shows that the individual’s mitochondrial DNA is Neanderthal. Since this DNA is transmitted from a mother to her child, the researchers conclude that it was a “female Neanderthal who mated with male Homo sapiens.”

Positive proof of alcoholic drink being available.

Quite a few Homo Sapien males today will bed ugly women after a few pints... :rolleyes:

• Like 5

My cynical side says people male or female will try to tup anything that moves and are often filmed doing it, so neander interbreeding shouldnt come as a big surprise..

Edited by jules99
  • Like 1

Am wondering if the archaeologists yelled, 'Yes! We've found the little b******!'

• Like 1

Guys where even desperate 40,000 years ago lol.but this is a great find and its cool that 4 percent haa Neanderthal dna. And they say all women have this same gene in there dna

This has been a source of speculation for a long time, and that they found something to prove it is cool. Another line of thought was that Neanderthal's preyed on humans for food and that we were essentially forced to kill them off to survive, but I'd much rather that we genetically mated and somehow ended up with humans.

That 'theory' has been discussed on UM a long time ago. As far as I remember, it was some artist/creationist who first came up with the idea. He depicted Neanderthals as some kind of evil, flat-nosed gorillas, and anything but human looking.

Click to enlarge:

post-18246-0-18638200-1364546360_thumb.j

Edited by Abramelin

I don't think beauty standards and tastes were very high and diverse back then. Probably, "being fit" was the attractiveness criteria.

Edited by goodconversations
  • Like 2

I don't think beauty standards and tastes were very high and differen back then. Probably, "being fit" was the attractiveness criteria.

"Birthing hips" were important to humans around the early 20th century, so why wouldn't it have been that way then? And beauty standards are high now? eew. I am so glad I am not a heroin addict model.

If Neanderthals interbred with Homo Sapiens, then those who are hybrids (as article states- Europeans and Asians) are no longer Homo Sapiens, but a different sub-species. Has anyone given us a name yet?

The genetic analysis shows that the individual’s mitochondrial DNA is Neanderthal. Since this DNA is transmitted from a mother to her child, the researchers conclude that it was a “female Neanderthal who mated with male Homo sapiens.”

Positive proof of alcoholic drink being available.

Quite a few Homo Sapien males today will bed ugly women after a few pints... :rolleyes:

So your racist remark is referring to Neanderthal females being stereotyped as "ugly"?

The hips to waist ratio is indeed important and something males tend to utilize in the selection process. But, I wonder if these early encounters between "species" were hostile or more "curious. "

• Like 1

The hips to waist ratio is indeed important and something males tend to utilize in the selection process. But, I wonder if these early encounters between "species" were hostile or more "curious. "

Maybe it was a case of: "Hmmm... New people... We don't seem to be able to communicate... so what are we gonna do now?..."

• Like 3

I waiting for the other shoe to drop and they finally admittt that the percentage of Neanderthal genes we have are more than four percent.

So your racist remark is referring to Neanderthal females being stereotyped as "ugly"?

I really hope you're kidding. And I'm sure they were ugly.
  • Like 2

My cynical side says people male or female will try to tup anything that moves and are often filmed doing it, so neander interbreeding shouldnt come as a big surprise..

My internet research says the same thing. Especially the underlined part.

Okay, primarily the underlined part.

:w00t:

Harte

• Like 2

I'm half Neanderthal myself lol JK:)its possible though and pretty interesting but.besides that they interbreed what does it prove though.like how does it help humanity benefit us here.what i mean it does not answer where humans first came from and created.its like once they said we came form monkeys or apes yeah right what a joke i say for many reasons and there's facts that disagree with that.besides that's not where humanity came form or the first humans are from or created

People that you see these days that are stocky built I've often wondered if they don't have neanderthal roots.

I came to believe homo sapiens are byproducts of the crossbreeding of two earlier species of hominids (if not exactly modern humans), thus we are an interesting mix of genes from two subspecieses closely matched to interbreed with each other that in over time a new subspecies of man arise to become what it is: homo sapiens.

Guys where even desperate 40,000 years ago lol.

I wouldn't say desperate, more like:

Human Male: you human?

Neanderthals Female: No

Human Male: Close enough you got Boobs, an ass, and a Vagina. Lets see where this goes.

God: 8 Months Later, Bang Human Neanderthal Hybrid appears

Edited by stevemagegod