Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Amityville horror: Boy breaks silence

Render

The Amityville horror: The boy who lived in the true-life haunted house breaks his 40-year silence

• The house where the Lutzes in Long Island lived was site of mass murder
  • Family lasted only 28 days in the haunted house in 1976
  • Daniel Lutz, who was 10 at the time of the ordeal, insists it was true
  • Reclusive Lutz has agreed to relive his ordeal for a new documentary

http://www.dailymail...ar-silence.html

• Like 1

yep it's a sad story. I hope everyone there RIP.

• Like 3

Sounds like this "boy" needs money.

• Like 2

yep it's a sad story. I hope everyone there RIP.

Not to mention its as scary as Hell.

• Like 2

Sounds like this "boy" needs money.

Lol reading the article it sounded like all he really did see was the same movie I watched years ago lol.

Edited by taniwha
  • Like 1

Load of horse crap if you ask me, bleeding walls flies everywhere horse doo doo i tell ya, the 'boy' needs a new car or something...

• Like 3

This should read *

• Reclusive Lutz has agreed to relive his ordeal for some cash

• Like 5

Was a good horror story.

• Like 6

Dan Lutz has been breaking his silence for a couple years now- press releases for his movie go back to April 2010. A while back there was a thread about it, but I can't remember what the title of it was. It's just getting fresh press now because the movie has been released to Video on Demand and some theaters this month.

• Like 3

I believe that ghosts and hauntings exist. I also believe that hoaxes exist. It seems like Lutz is counting on people who don't believe....in hoaxes. He might be targeting folks with bad memories too.

• Like 2

What a pile of dung. This never happened, there is no factual basis for the "Amityville "Horror Story". It was a fictitious creation. Show me proof it happened... I'll be waiting.

Check out their website for the movie: http://www.amityvillemovie.com/

If you can, read the Wall Street Journal story on the documentary.

Here is some of it in part:

Now a new documentary, "My Amityville Horror," makes it personal, introducing a man who is still living through that nightmare. The film, which will have its New York premiere Saturday at IFC Center as part of the third annual DOC NYC festival, features the first-person testimony of Daniel Lutz, the eldest of the Lutz siblings, who was 9 when the events occurred. A recluse who had a troubled, combative relationship with his stepfather and claims to have been homeless for a period after leaving his family in his early teens, Mr. Lutz has kept his secrets to himself until now.

"He's been carrying around this weight for nearly 40 years," said Eric Walter, the young filmmaker who devoted three years to making the documentary, amid a decade of obsessive amateur research into the case. "It's not easy to talk about."

Nor is it easy to hear. Whatever happened, Mr. Lutz, now 46, appears to have suffered from it for much longer than the month he spent in the house. He recounts stories of abuse and family dysfunction, combined with claims of continued paranormal disturbances that he has struggled to move beyond. The film revisits the original "haunting" and its many complicated tangents—including its ostensible source, the murder of six family members by one of the home's previous residents, Ronald DeFeo Jr.—through TV footage and newspaper clippings, but its focus remains on Mr. Lutz, both as an adult and as a child.

If I remember correctly, there was abuse and family dysfunction going on in the Defeo home as well. If there was a lot of abuse and family problems going on when the Lutz's moved in, and George was messing around in the occult as Daniel Lutz claims, that may have acted as a type of catalyst?? Maybe the house itself isn't haunted, but the family was. I believe I read somewhere that the activity followed them after they moved. Anyway, I would really like to see this. It looks interesting.

Also, what about the picture taken in the house that shows a child, but there were no children in the house the night the photo was taken?

Check out: http://www.ghoststudy.com/monthly/oct04/amityville.htm

How does someone go systematically through a home, shooting everyone, and no one wakes up? How did the neighbors not hear the rifle shots?

Check out: http://www.amityvillefiles.com/house/

In the link, there is a virtual tour of 112 Ocean Avenue, and you can see how close together the homes are.

Also, I saw on Celebrity Ghosts Stories, they did a segment with Melissa George, and she talked about all the strange events that plagued the cast and crew of the Amityville movie set. Check out: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art176320.asp

• Like 2

How does someone go systematically through a home, shooting everyone, and no one wakes up? How did the neighbors not hear the rifle shots?

Check out: http://www.amityvillefiles.com/house/

The first part is easily explained if the individual in question is on drugs. The second, I don't think anyone will ever adequately explain.

The first part is easily explained if the individual in question is on drugs. The second, I don't think anyone will ever adequately explain.

Toxicology reports show that none of the Defeo's were drugged.

I just finished watching "My Amityville Horror" on my Kindle. You can order it from Amazon and watch on your Kindle. There are other places you can watch it also. Check out: http://www.amityvillemovie.com/

It was very interesting, I thought. Danny Lutz doesn't try and convince you of his story, he just tells it.

He pretty much puts the blame for all the activity on George, his step dad. They did NOT have a good relationship. Danny can hardly hide his hostility when he talks about George. A cousin, who was interviewed said George was NOT a nice guy. You had to walk on eggshells when you were around him because the slightest thing would set him off. Lorraine Warren said the same thing.

Danny talks about when his mother and siblings first moved in with George before moving to Amityville, that on George's bookshelf were really weird books about mind control, pyschokinesis, demons, and occult related books. He even asked his mom, Kathy, you move your family in with this guy and you don't know what he is into??

Then, there was a part where Laura DiDio is talking to Danny, and she talks about how George became more violent after moving in the house, beating the kids. Danny replies, well that happened about 50 times afterwards, and before we moved there.

Danny also says that the "energy" in the house seemed to feed off all the negative things that happened. The more they fought, the more the activity seemed to escalate. Danny is really bitter though about the way his parents came out in public about their story, and what that put him and his siblings through. He said I'd be in school, and the teacher would be, "I saw the movie last night on TV, did *insert whatever they are wondering about* REALLY HAPPEN?" He said I wanted to "punch their ********* face in."

Danny ended up running away at a young age to escape his homelife with George, and he said he may have been poor and homeless, but he was happy for the first time in his life.

I really think that whatever energy was still left over from the Amityville Murders was attracted to George, and George and the dyfunction of the family may have fed on that negative energy. Maybe George was involved in some heavy duty dark stuff, because one parapyschologist they talked to, said he had recently with the permission of the Cromarty family who own the house now, went there with a pyschic and took tons of photographs. The pyschic felt that ALOT of dark magic had taken place in the home. Did George mess around with stuff that he had no idea about?

• Like 2

You said........... How does someone go systematically through a home, shooting everyone, and no one wakes up?

I'm saying that someone, being Ronnie DeFeo, was high. He was a known drug user.

• Like 1

You said........... How does someone go systematically through a home, shooting everyone, and no one wakes up?

I'm saying that someone, being Ronnie DeFeo, was high. He was a known drug user.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. Yes, Defeo was a known drug addict.

I just finished watching "My Amityville Horror" on my Kindle. You can order it from Amazon and watch on your Kindle. There are other places you can watch it also. Check out: http://www.amityvillemovie.com/

It was very interesting, I thought. Danny Lutz doesn't try and convince you of his story, he just tells it.

He pretty much puts the blame for all the activity on George, his step dad. They did NOT have a good relationship. Danny can hardly hide his hostility when he talks about George. A cousin, who was interviewed said George was NOT a nice guy. You had to walk on eggshells when you were around him because the slightest thing would set him off. Lorraine Warren said the same thing.

Danny talks about when his mother and siblings first moved in with George before moving to Amityville, that on George's bookshelf were really weird books about mind control, pyschokinesis, demons, and occult related books. He even asked his mom, Kathy, you move your family in with this guy and you don't know what he is into??

Then, there was a part where Laura DiDio is talking to Danny, and she talks about how George became more violent after moving in the house, beating the kids. Danny replies, well that happened about 50 times afterwards, and before we moved there.

Danny also says that the "energy" in the house seemed to feed off all the negative things that happened. The more they fought, the more the activity seemed to escalate. Danny is really bitter though about the way his parents came out in public about their story, and what that put him and his siblings through. He said I'd be in school, and the teacher would be, "I saw the movie last night on TV, did *insert whatever they are wondering about* REALLY HAPPEN?" He said I wanted to "punch their ********* face in."

Danny ended up running away at a young age to escape his homelife with George, and he said he may have been poor and homeless, but he was happy for the first time in his life.

I really think that whatever energy was still left over from the Amityville Murders was attracted to George, and George and the dyfunction of the family may have fed on that negative energy. Maybe George was involved in some heavy duty dark stuff, because one parapyschologist they talked to, said he had recently with the permission of the Cromarty family who own the house now, went there with a pyschic and took tons of photographs. The pyschic felt that ALOT of dark magic had taken place in the home. (Note: This investigation took place in 1977, not recently. My oops!) Did George mess around with stuff that he had no idea about?

I rewatched it again because I can only have the rental for 48 hours. It really is a very good documentary, and if your interested in the Amityville story, I would encourage you to watch this. Danny also tells a interesting about George moving objects with his mind...

Edited by Kowalski

Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. Yes, Defeo was a known drug addict.

No worries. Glad we're back on the same page, but yes I also wonder how no one woke that night either nor did the neighbours hear anything.

• Like 1

Check this out: http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2002267189_amityville08.html

Christopher Lutz (Daniel Lutz's younger brother) has talked about his experiences in the house.

Now 37 and living in Scottsdale, Ariz., Quaratino maintains the haunting was not a hoax. But he insists his stepfather at the time, George Lutz, brought the troubles on himself by dabbling in the occult and then amplified what paranormal incidents did occur to profit off books and movies about the house.

"He's a professional showman, in my opinion," Quaratino said of Lutz, whom he said he clashed with many times before leaving home at 16. "I just feel as though we're being exploited."

Lutz sued his former stepson in Nevada district court in 2003 over what Quaratino said are allegations of trademark infringement and fraud relating to a future Amityville movie planned by Lutz. The case is open; a counterclaim filed by Quaratino was dismissed in January.

Lutz, 58, who lives in Las Vegas, did not return calls seeking comment. He and Kathy Lutz, who died last year, divorced in 1988.

Quaratino's brother, Daniel Lutz, did not return a call seeking comment. His sister, Melissa, could not be located.

This article was published in 2005. What I find interesting is that Daniel and Chris both claim George was involved in the occult and both say that he tried to profit from the paranormal occurances that happened.

• Like 1

Also of note: George is on record as saying him and Kathy were involved in transcendental meditiation. Both believed this opened a doorway for all the activity in the house. Many people think that the children, being young, mistook the chanting that goes along with this, as devil worship.

Also of note: George is on record as saying him and Kathy were involved in transcendental meditiation. Both believed this opened a doorway for all the activity in the house. Many people think that the children, being young, mistook the chanting that goes along with this, as devil worship.

Do you think that a few strange events took place here and there, and Lutz blew them up in order to cash in on the tragic murders that took place in the house? Say that a light blinked in a weird fashion or that a door seemed to open on its own. How could boring events like that sell a book, let alone a movie? Most historical dramas are inaccurate, so it stands to reason that horror movies, supposedly based on real life, would make "Braveheart" look like a textbook.

• Like 1

Pretty sure this topic was posted a while ago,with other links. Search Amityville in here .

• Like 1

Do you think that a few strange events took place here and there, and Lutz blew them up in order to cash in on the tragic murders that took place in the house? Say that a light blinked in a weird fashion or that a door seemed to open on its own. How could boring events like that sell a book, let alone a movie? Most historical dramas are inaccurate, so it stands to reason that horror movies, supposedly based on real life, would make "Braveheart" look like a textbook.

I think there was activity in the house, and George made the activity worse by messing around in the occult. The family situation was explosive, and this made the activity escalate. I also have to wonder why the Lutz'z kept doing appearances and all the publicity they did. Didn't they understand how this would affect their young children?? I mean those kids were hounded in school and all their lives by this. They CAN'T get away from it.

BTW, I did a search on the forum to see if there were any other forum threads on Amityville, and I found only one other, and it was about this documentary, also.

• Like 1