Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Amityville horror: Boy breaks silence

Render

There's a difference between whether you believe in DeFeo's guilt (obvious) and whether you believe in the Lutz's story.

DeFeo isn't The AmityVille Horror. The story of the Lutz family is the Amityville Horror.

Mind you, I wouldn't want Ronnie creeping up my stairs with a rifle in his hands....

• Like 1

article-2290279-1885D9AC000005DC-521_634x496.jpg

Is that from the actually crime scene?

Okay, so I was reading this: http://www.prairiegh...amityville.html

Here are some of my comments:

Beneath the surface of success and happiness though, Ronald was an angry man, given to bouts of rage and violence. He and Louise often fought and he was a threatening figure to his children. As the oldest child, Butch often bore the brunt of his father's expectations and ill-temper. He was an overweight, sullen boy who was often picked on in school. His father harassed him to stand up for himself - but never at home. Ronald Sr. had no room for backtalk or disobedience.

Danny Lutz describes George in pretty much the same terms as Ronald, Sr. Others also say George had a bad temper and the slightest thing set him off. Lorraine Warren said you had to walk on eggshells around George.

Kaplan would later claim to have been suspicious of the call, and the Lutz's motives, from the very beginning. When he began asking questions, he asked what specifically had happened to the family in the house. Lutz said that he was unable to describe the phenomena but that there were demons in the house that he knew by name. When asked to name them, Lutz refused, claiming that they would appear if he mentioned their names aloud. Kaplan asked who told him that and Lutz said that he had read it in a book. He could not remember the title, he said, but it had been one of many about demonology, ghosts and psychic phenomena that he had read since buying the house on Ocean Avenue.

George most likely read about all that, BEFORE he moved to Amityville. Christopher Lutz claimed George (and Danny Lutz says this too) both said that George had numerous books on paranormal activity, and demonology books. Christopher also says that George was calling out the names of demons in the house.

More recently, author Ric Osuna has stated that George Lutz - now divorced from his wife and criticized by his former stepsons - informed him that "setting the record straight is not as important as making money off fictional sequels."

Danny Lutz said George was "so proud" of his role in Amityville. He felt that it was "his" story.

Could George have moved into the house, KNOWING it's history, and wanted to "stir" something up, that was best just left alone? Many of the experiences, it was almost like hallucinations, one minute it was there, the next minute it was gone...Could this have to do with George messing with the occult?

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

Kowalski, you're probably on the right track. Something tragic happens in a creepy house. Someone, with knowledge and understanding of the occult, moves there. A few strange things happen. The "occult expert" exaggerates them in order to make money.

• Like 1

article-2290279-1885D9AC000005DC-521_634x496.jpg

Is that from the actually crime scene?

Yep, but I'm not sure if it's been reversed. I think one of the bodies was actually dropped, one of the kids.

• Like 2

http://www.trutv.com...ityville/6.html

Apparently, George Lutz was mucking around with the 'paranormal' before buying the house and while he lived there.

Interesting comparison between George and Ronald DeFeo Snr. Who knows? If there was something in the house capable of attaching itself to humans, the idea that it moved from one to the other is intriguing.

• Like 2

From http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/family/amityville/6.html

"I began to ask questions. What actually happened to him and his family? George...says that he simply can't describe the psychic phenomena. But there are demons there. He even knows their names!

" 'What are their names?' I ask. [George] won't tell me. He claims they'll appear if he as much as mentions their names out loud.

" 'Who told you that?' I ask.

" 'I read it in a book.' I ask him for the title, but he can't remember — he's read so many books since they bought the house. Books on demonology, witchcraft, Satanism, ghosts, psychic phenomena — the list went on and on. And all in just a few short weeks, or so George claims.

"I press him about the demons and he answers by reciting 'facts' he has learned about demons and Satan worship. In a discussion about witchcraft, [George] mentions Ray Buckland, a prominent witch in the area who ran the Witchcraft Museum in Bayshore before moving to New England.

I am getting more suspicious by the minute. Didn't George just tell me that he knew nothing of the occult up until the past two months? Ray Buckland had been gone from New York for a year or two now. That would mean George had discussed 'the craft,' as it is called, with one of the most knowledgeable witches in the country long before he bought the house."

In the documentary, "My Amityville Horror" Danny Lutz says that George was messing around in the occult BEFORE they moved into that house. There were strange books on his bookshelf that ranged from mind control and telekinesis, to witchcraft and demonology. Christopher Lutz (his brother) said the SAME THING. I think it is VERY possible he was messing around in stuff he shouldn't have been.

http://www.trutv.com...ityville/6.html

Apparently, George Lutz was mucking around with the 'paranormal' before buying the house and while he lived there.

Interesting comparison between George and Ronald DeFeo Snr. Who knows? If there was something in the house capable of attaching itself to humans, the idea that it moved from one to the other is intriguing.

Given the stuff George was messing around with, it is very possible the activity followed them to California.

Check this thread out: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7374&start=441

There's a lot of information on the "My Amityville" documentary on this thread.

• Like 2

Every time a major horror movie is made there are claims of weird happenings on the set. With THE BIBLE mini series there are claims of miraculous happenings. Americans are such suckers for hype.

Every time a major horror movie is made there are claims of weird happenings on the set. With THE BIBLE mini series there are claims of miraculous happenings. Americans are such suckers for hype.

Actually, I don't think anyone on this thread has mentioned weird happenings on the set of any Amityville movie.

I don't think I could bear it if Jodi wasn't real. :rofl:

Seriously though, George and Kathy must have known the history of the house before they bought it. I mean, it must have been the elephant in the room at the real estate office!

Given that none of the residents since the Lutz family have reported supernatural occurrences, there is, of course the logical reason. George and Kathy made the whole thing up.

Or...whatever it was attached itself to a dominant alpha male (which DeFeo Snr and George certainly appear to have been). But did it travel with George Lutz from Amityville?

• Like 2

I'm with everyone else who says he just needs some cash.

• Like 1