Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plan to hand out free shotguns in Tucson

Still Waters

A former mayoral candidate in Tucson, Ariz., is drawing heated criticism from Democrats after he launched a program this week to hand out free shotguns in high-crime neighborhoods.

Shaun McClusky, who kicked off the program Monday, financed it with initial donor commitments of $12,000. He told FoxNews.com that with those private donations alone, he can arm and train 36 people -- and hopes to begin that process in 60 days.

http://www.foxnews.c...n-stirs-debate/

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• freetoroam

• green_dude777

• A rather obscure Bassoon

• notoverrated

Top Posters In This Topic

So is the idea that the civilians now shoot the criminals as the law has lost the fight against crime themselves?

So is the idea that the civilians now shoot the criminals as the law has lost the fight against crime themselves?

The idea is for civilians to be able to stop an attacker if the police can't arrive in time to stop it themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Arizona

The idea is for civilians to be able to stop an attacker if the police can't arrive in time to stop it themselves.

http://en.wikipedia....laws_in_Arizona

Are they not doing this already?

Are they not doing this already?

Well, they're handing them out to neighborhoods where crime is high, so I'm assuming they're low income neighborhoods. With that said, I don't think these people can afford the gun on their own.

Don't see a problem personally,did not Vice President Biden suggest everybody get a shotgun to defend themselves.

Edited by shaddow134

Well, they're handing them out to neighborhoods where crime is high, so I'm assuming they're low income neighborhoods. With that said, I don't think these people can afford the gun on their own.

it seems his plan is to arm and train 36 people, but it does not say if these people are regular civilians or security volunteers. Not sure who is going to vet these 36 people, him probably. if it is 36 regular civilians, than I wonder how he will chose who is to have the guns and who is not, bet that could stir a few people.

Edited by freetoroam

He'd better watch the pawn shops to judge if even handing them out is a good idea.