Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The endangered Easter egg

Still Waters

As they tuck into a mountain of Easter eggs this weekend, it might be worth telling children to make the most of it.

Demand for cocoa is far outstripping supply, meaning that chocolate treats could soon become the preserve of the rich. Poor weather in the tropics is expected to result in a drop in the amount of cocoa produced this year, and the plants have also succumbed to a range of diseases.

http://www.telegraph...Easter-egg.html

• Like 1

Good, maybe the christians will find something else to hijack to celebrate their religion instead of using someone elses.

The only people who will really miss out will be the cocoa farmers, (whom I do feel for) and the chocolate companies who make a fortune out of selling Easter eggs (whom I do not feel for at all).

Edited by freetoroam

Good, maybe the christians will find something else to hijack to celebrate their religion instead of using someone elses.

The only people who will really miss out will be the cocoa farmers, (whom I do feel for) and the chocolate companies who make a fortune out of selling Easter eggs (whom I do not feel for at all).

Boooo!

Party pooper.

• Like 1

Well, butter animals are popular too, like butter lambs for the Easter feast. So maybe the dairy industry would benefit.

And really, real chocolate might get more expensive... But the food industry already has a handle on fake chocolate. I don't think chocolate eggs and bunnies would go away, just start getting made of chocolate substitute or out of something else entirely. And as long as there is sugar and chemicals, jelly beans will likely always be in the baskets. And peeps, those will probably always be around too.

• Like 1

Boooo!

Party pooper.

32384742.jpg

• Like 1