Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

600+ museum clocks go forward an hour

Still Waters

Many won't realise that the clocks will need to go forward tomorrow night.

But one man cannot afford to forget the date because he has the unenviable task of changing the times on more than 600 clocks.

Roman Piekarski, who runs the Cuckooland Museum in Tabley, Cheshire, has already made a start to change the clocks.

http://www.dailymail...ummer-Time.html

"Many won't realise that the clocks will need to go forward tomorrow night."

Just to point out the article is dated yesterday and the clocks go forward tonight.

• Like 1

There's two reasons why they put the clocks forward or back.It makes children capable of avoiding going home in the dark.Unless they've got a homework assignment in detention.It also has an agricultural purpose.The farmers need to see when they are tending their flock or cultivating their crops.They can't exactly have a cattle or sheep wearing an high-vis jacket.Both are perfectly valid reasons why we keep getting reminders to adjust them.However sometimes I feel it's overkill.

Imagine though putting forward 600 clocks.By the time he's finished he'll have to put them back again.Though he won't have to repeat the stunt with 600 I-Pads.They set automatically by themselves.However I'm feeling decidedly groggy now because of this.But I don't mean it in a jet- lag sort of way.