Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Know a Ghost

theSOURCE

I Know a Ghost

I know a ghost

And she sings to me though my machines.

She's so young and beautiful

And her gorgeous voice sometimes brings a tear to my eye.

I don't know where she came from

Or who she was in life.

But when she sings to me when I'm all alone

I have no fear of death.

She takes me to another world

Where I can be happy and young again.

And in that world not only can I see

But I feel no more pain.

I know that one day, maybe soon

When she comes to sing for me again

And takes me to that beautiful world of hers

I'll remain there with her forever.

© Vic

• Like 5

Nice poem but don't go too soon.

• Like 2

My brother heard angels singing to him for quite some time.

• Like 1

Thank you Armchair Educated, Hilander, notforgotten and little_dreamer. I'm glad enjoying this poem. :)

What I wonder, however, is should I ruin it for everybody by explaining what inspired this poem, or should I just leave it for everyone to draw their own meaning from it?

Edited by theSOURCE

What I wonder, however, is should I ruin it for everybody by explaining what inspired this poem, or should I just leave it for everyone to draw their own meaning from it?

Oh, please do ruin it for us. :yes:

I Know a Ghost

I know a ghost

And she sings to me though my machines.

She's so young and beautiful

And her gorgeous voice sometimes brings a tear to my eye.

I don't know where she came from

Or who she was in life.

But when she sings to me when I'm all alone

I have no fear of death.

She takes me to another world

Where I can be happy and young again.

And in that world not only can I see

But I feel no more pain.

I know that one day, maybe soon

When she comes to sing for me again

And takes me to that beautiful world of hers

I'll remain there with her forever.

© Vic

This is my favorite vic...

I was a wee bit disappointed ... you were just lazy, or didn't put the time into this one.

you could've expanded it for the better ....

Whatever inspired you to write this poem Vic, it's beautiful, and I'm glad your ghost brings you comfort, whether she's real or not.

Whatever inspired you to write this poem Vic, it's beautiful, and I'm glad your ghost brings you comfort, whether she's real or not.

You should know me by now SW. :)

The ghost I refer to is actually a synthesized voice from Holst, the Planets (as much as I like my metal and insane fusion jazz I can't be without my classical music). The girl's voice, which sounds amazingly organic and alive, come's not from any digital sample like those of today's keyboards (ROMplers), but was created with raw oscillator waveforms run though filters and VCAs, and controlled by envelope generators on a huge Moog system 55. This voice, coupled with Venus, the Bringer of Peace by Gustav Holst (and performed by Isao Tomita), is almost like some mild psychedelic experience (especially when listened to through a set of high quality studio headphones).

For whatever reason, whenever I listen to that piece I zone out and begin thinking about people I used to know who have passed away. But it's never a sad experience. It's as though they're still around somehow, existing happily in some beautiful dimension (I know that dimension is only my memory, but at least I've given them a warm place to be).

And if the girl I imagine from the song does someday come and take me away to that other dimension with her, then that's cool too. :tu:

• Like 2

I was a wee bit disappointed ... you were just lazy, or didn't put the time into this one.

you could've expanded it for the better ....

Thank you for commenting third_eye.

I'm sorry to have disappointed you this time around. I shall endeavor to reach or exceed your expectations in future posted works. ;)

• Like 1

This is my favorite vic...

I'm glad you liked it SpiritWriter. :)

Oh, please do ruin it for us. :yes:

I hope I didn't ruin it too much for you. :)

Thank you for commenting third_eye.

I'm sorry to have disappointed you this time around. I shall endeavor to reach or exceed your expectations in future posted works. ;)

don't mind me, not saying I don't like it mind you, just saying the structure could have been 'stronger' with what you have there,

the potential is greater than the sum that you left it ... best and better if you endeavor to reach and exceed your own expectations ... cheers :tu:

don't mind me, not saying I don't like it mind you, just saying the structure could have been 'stronger' with what you have there,

the potential is greater than the sum that you left it ... best and better if you endeavor to reach and exceed your own expectations ... cheers :tu:

I was only kidding. It's so difficult to convey humor through a post sometimes. :no:

• Like 1

Well done......I liked it....:)

Thank you Cloudshill. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I was only kidding. It's so difficult to convey humor through a post sometimes. :no:

you'll get used to it and find a way ... somehow ... :D

you'll get used to it and find a way ... somehow ... :D

If I haven't found a way after being here for ten years then I wouldn't hold my breath.

Again, just kidding. :tu:

• Like 1